Chapter 62

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I went back and forth between Turkey and Korea a lot. At one point I remembered the whole box of mail that had sat waiting for me in Bucheon. I promised myself that next time I went back to Turkey I would read them.

So, The Next Time I Went Back To Turkey came along and I opened the box. First I sorted through them. I put the junk mail and the ads and all that to one side. The bills went in a separate pile, I already knew those were all payed electronically. What I had left was a bunch of letters.

"Who's this from?" I asked to myself, there was no return address. However, the stamp suggested somewhere NOT in Korea. Hmm.

I opened it up.

"Dear Kimmy-ah,

Hey! I know you're not in Korea, and I know that we talk on the phone every night, but there are somethings I can't actually bring myself to tell you. So I'll just write them down and mail them to you. That's pretty much the same thing, right? Except for the fact that you won't be reading them any time soon.

Anyways, I wanted to tell you about our conversation last night. Or, rather, the ever-growing lack thereof. Did you count the minutes of silence we had? Because I did. In total: 10. It might not seem like a lot, but the day before it was only seven. How can we fix that?

Anyways, if you do happen to stop by Korea and find this, call me. We can talk whenever you want to. I'll drop everything to talk to you, I don't care, just please, no more silences. It's killing me.

Love always,
Kwon Jiyong"

I hadn't realized until his first and last name got all blended together that I was crying. I wiped my tear with a free hand.

I reached for another letter. It seemed they were all from him.

"Dear Kimmy-ah,

It's me again. I counted our minutes in silence again. Eleven. We're getting worse. Have we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter