Chapter 104

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Of course, what is it?" Ji searched my eyes desperately.

"I..." The tears I had been fighting came back, and this time they'd made friends. "...I'm p-" I couldn't say the word that would send his entire life crashing and burning. "I'm pr-" Then again, there wasn't anyone else I could tell. No, I had to do it. "I'm pregnant." I braced myself for an outburst that never came.

"Kim, why are you so scared to tell me this?" Ji asked, laughing. Had he gone mad? Did he not hear what I just said?

"I said 'I'm pregnant.'" I repeated in case he hadn't heard correctly.

"I heard you. This is wonderful news!" he picked me up from the waist and I let out a yelp. He continued laughing and twirling me around.

"Jiyong, the babies!" I gasped, begging for him to put me down.

"Babies?" His eyes went wide, wider than they had been. "You mean they're twins?"

"This isn't exactly the best place to speak of these things." I muttered, suddenly aware of our environment. "Let's go back home. There I'll tell you everything."

"Of course! Right away!" Ji left to ask the guy behind the counter to call us a taxi; and I realized why coming here had tired me out so much.

You know, this might seem weird to you, like "how do you forget you're pregnant?" Let me take you back. That one day when I was taking that memory test, they did the standard "how are you feeling? Does it hurt? Where does it hurt the most?" I complained about a pain in my lower abdomen. They ran some tests and came out grim faced.

"Lee Kim-ssi..." one of the two nurses had said. "...you... might be pregnant..."

"What do you mean 'might be'?" I had asked.

"Well, you did recently have an accident and it probably didn't survive an impact that hard." the other nurse had explained.

"This makes no sense. Wouldn't I know if I was pregnant?"

"Not necessarily. In any case we'd have to run an ultrasound to make sure it's fine."

And so it went. The ultrasound showed three babies, but only found two heartbeats. One hadn't made it. The others weren't expected to live. They of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter