Chapter 34

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No way. No. Freaking. Way.

"Daebak!" I squealed. "Junghwa-oppa's here?!"

He poked his head out when I spoke. "No way!! Jinjjaro?" he whispered. He took a few steps closer, wiping his hands on his apron. "Kim-ssi?"

"Junghwa-oppa! It's me!" I said, showing my gummy smile. I hid it with my hands. I got as close as I could to the counter. He grabbed my hands and set them down.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to hide your smile?" He smiled back at me.

I looked down and bowed, "Yes, oppa! I'm sorry!"

He laughed. "Still the same. And I haven't seen you for what, two-three years?" I saw Ae Sook hold up five fingers. "Five years I haven't seen you! Wow!"

I took in his features. They were amazing, he was gorgeous. I had had a crush on him since the day we met, but I don't think he ever returned my feelings. When I started to see him less and less, I started to think about him less and less. Now that I saw him again, all those years' worth of longing came back to me.

"This is so daebak!" he said. "What're you doing here?! I heard from my dad who heard from your dad that you were living with Hiu-tuk!"

"Yes, I am! I'm visiting my father here, then I'm going back to my place in Bucheon and then I'm leaving again."

"I see! We have to catch up. I can't let you leave now that I know you're here without catching up first!"

"Yes!" I nodded excitedly. "We should!"

Right then, Mr. Park himself came out of the kitchen. "Junghwa? What's taking so long?"

I looked away from Junghwa-oppa, to Mr. Park. I bowed. "Anyeonghasayo!" I said.

"Ah! Are my eyes decieving me? Is this really Kim-ya standing before me?"

I nodded. He held my face between his hands. "Wow! You've never gone that long without my icecream!" he laughed heartily.

He then turned to Jiyong-ssi, who I had momentarily forgotten about. Now he was standing with his arms crossed over his chest, a bitter look on his face. He was looking down at his feet.

"Who's this, Kim-ya? You have a boyfriend I don't know about?" he smirked as he whispered to me.

Jiyong-ssi looked up and realized we were addressing him. He bowed low, his famous 90° bow. "Anyeong." he said.

"It's nothing like that." I explained, stealing a glance at Junghwa-oppa, who was examining Jiyong-ssi closely. "We're only friends. He already has a girlfriend. We bumped into each other for the first time in a while and wanted to catch up."

Mr. Park nodded. "So!" he rubbed his hands together. "What can I get you two?"

[Jiyong's POV]

A young girl ran up to her and hugged her a minute after we stepped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter