Chapter 3

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like ages. I had been rushing Jessica less than an hour ago because I was hungry but now I had no appetite. "What if I was too late?"

"Don't think like that. Stay positive. We'll find her. Don't worry." the man consoled me. He was right, worrying wouldn't help me.

And then, like a miracle, like a blessing, the PA system crackled to life. "Lee Kim, please come to the ground floor customer services, Lee Kim."

"That's me!" I jumped up. "They found her!"

"Go! What are you waiting for?!" he shouted, smiling brightly.

I ran down the stairs, bumping into a couple people on my way, but I was too jittery to notice.

I skidded to a stop in front of Customer Services. "Hi, I'm Lee Kim."

The woman asked for photo ID. I pulled out my driver's license. I handed it to her and she examined it. She finally gave it back after a while. "We found your cousin." she said.

Oh thank God. Oh thank God. Oh thank God.

A man brought her out of a little room. Her eyes were puffy, and her skin lost it's color. Her hair was straight. She had a cup of water in her hands. When she caught sight of me, she dropped the plastic and ran. "Kim!" She sobbed into my shirt and I cried into her hair. "I was so worried!" she said. "I thought I would never see you again!"

In honor of what she'd gone through, I asked her what she wanted. What she wanted was to go back, buy the clothes and go straight home. No stops anywhere else. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter