Chapter 107

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

«Meet me in my office, I hear you want to talk.»

I read and re-read the text message from Mr. Song. I huffed as I looked up from my phone to his name plate beside his office door. This is it, I thought. It's show time.

I knocked thrice and cracked open the door. "Mr. Song?" I said weakly.

"Ah, Kimmy-ah! Come in, come in!" he said with a smile. It pained me, since I knew what I was here to do. I took a seat, palms sweating.

"So, you have something important to tell me?" Mr. Song asked.

I reached into my purse wordlessly and pulled out a paper. I gave it to him and he looked back and forth from it to me worriedly.

"What is this?" he asked.

"It's my... My resignation letter. My two-week's notice. My 'I quit'. Whatever you wanna call it." I said, muted by something blocking my throat.

We'd gone over this a million times with Jiyong. It was best for me to deaffiliate myself for the time being, so as not to cause any trouble.

"But... Why?" he asked. "Is something wrong?"

"No, definitely not, everything is good. HQ has treated me nothing less than perfectly, but I need a break."

"Kim, if you need a break, you take a vacation. There's more, isn't there?"

Yes, there was more. How could I raise my kids on a who-knows-how-long vacation? Furthermore, I needed a break for pretty much the rest of my life, not a certain period of time. But I couldn't tell him that, so I shook my head.

"Kim, is that Kwon Jiyong kid forcing you to do this?" he asked.

A tear fell out of my eye, not because of what he asked, just bad timing. I shook my head again.

"He is, isn't he? Damn him! Who does that boy think he is?" He picked up the cellphone sitting on his desk.

"What're you doing?!" I asked.

"Calling him. I need to have a word with him." he spat coldly.

I shook my head. "It's not him, this is my free will."

"I find it hard to believe, so just– Ah! Yeobohsayo?"

Ji must have picked up. "Mr. Song just listen to me!" I said frantically.

"Look, I have Kim here in my office–" Mr. Song started, until I cut him off.

"I'm pregnant, okay?" I whispered.

"What?" His eyes widened. He shook his head. "No, not you Jiyong-ssi. I'm sorry, don't mind this call. I'm hanging up~!"

He set down the phone slowly and looked at me. "You're pregnant?"

I nodded, staring at my hands in my lap.

"Well then, it's good that you quit or else we would've had to fire you anyway." he said to his desk. "You couldn't wait? There's what, two weeks to the wedding— oh. I get it now. That's why the wedding is so soon. Get married before anyone notices, right?"

"I'm sorry." I said.

"No, no. You don't have anything to be sorry for. This is great news, just..."

"Bad timing." I whispered.

"Yeah."

We sat in silence for a bit, until he cleared his throat. "Well, I guess you're dismissed then."

I stood and bowed, then I made my way out. Out of the office, out of the building and out of this business. Slowly, piece by piece, I was letting go. 

I suppose I'd forgotten how difficult it could get to pack once you'd settled into a place. I mean, you set your mind to live there so you make it your own. That's how I felt packing up my things in my dorm— the dorm. It's not mine anymore.

I heard a knock on the door. It can't be Jiyong-ah, he's recording with BIGBANG today. Is it Yongho-oppa again?

"Ah, oppa!" I said, throwing my arms around my older brother. Behind him was a girl, someone I would be introduced to soon, I suppose.

"Kim, this is Mi Heng." Reiwang-oppa said. The girl with slightly curly short reddish-brown hair bowed.

Mi Heng looked around my living room, which was a mess. Plus, now there were boxes everywhere.

"Moving?" she asked. I nodded.

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter