Chapter 5

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was in the middle of the night when I woke up to go to the bathroom that I remembered to look into my purse for what Jiyong-ssi put in.

I grabbed at the picture and looked all around the pocket it was in. There was a tiny strip of paper with a string of numbers.

He gave me a number? But who's number?I would have to call it in the morning.

When the sun started to shine, I leaped out of bed to my phone. They had to leave early in the morning, right? So they should be awake now.

I dialed. I was contemplating whether or not I should click call, but then my finger slipped and I called by accident. Oh well, I thought and put the phone to my ear.

"Yeobohsayo?" answered a sleepy someone.

"Anyeonghasayo." I replied, cautious. "I'm sorry, have I woken you?"

The voice seemed to cheer up. "Ah! Kimmy-ya! You called!"

"Well, I was curious who's number this was!" I said. I had to keep my voice down so I didn't wake up Jessica.

"I thought you might've thrown the paper away, you didn't call..." Jiyong-ssi said.

"Oh, no! I just thought it was too late by the time I saw it!" I laughed.

"Are you saying you forgot about me?" he joked.

"No! Not at all!" I said. "But why did you give me your phone number?"

"To keep in touch, you babo!" he chuckled.

"Oh, right. Of course." I said sheepishly. "I'm sorry if I woke you, again."

"No, I had to wake up sooner or later! I would've missed my plane!" he laughed. I heard shuffling noises and some other male voices in the background.

"Well then, you're welcome!" I said.

"Listen, Kimmy-ya. We're gonna be in Japan for the week, but next weekend I'm coming back alone for a photoshoot. I have some free time during. Would you like to hang out? Like, over coffee and sweets?" he asked coolly.

"Sure!" This was cool! We could have some fun again!

He sounded so relieved. He was laughing in little short sounds. "Uhhh alright then, see you next weekend?"

"Yeah, see you!" I chirped.

"Come, on! Hurry up!" was the last thing I heard and it was T.O.P. The line went dead.

I kept still for a bit. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I knew I had to go to work. I showered and got dressed and by then, Jessica had woken up as well. I told her to get ready while I made us some breakfast.

We ate in silence, both of us exhausted. Then we both got our sweaters and our shoes and walked out to the parking lot where we opened the car doors at the same time until Jessica burst out laughing. I smirked.

"Tired people are like zombies." she observed.

Today was a slow day, no one particularly came in a lot on Mondays. It got a little boring so I asked my supervisor if I could leave early today. He said sure and also gave me the work shift schedule. This week was light for me, I only had to work on Thursday and Friday.

So I had three days to spend with Jessica. We were just leaving the salon when she asked me something.

"Is there a library here?" she asked.

"Sure," I said. "But why?"

"I want to learn Korean." she said. "Do they have any books like that?"

"I don't know, but we can have a look."

Turns out there wasn't. At least not at the branch closest to me and I didn't feel like driving anywhere else right now. We were just about to leave when a sign captured my eye.

"Hey, Jess, check this out." I said. She turned disappointedly, still upset there weren't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter