Chapter 118

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Kim's POV]

I woke up on wedding day with butterflies in my stomach. No, wait, that's morning sickness. God, if I even fit in my dress I will call it a miracle. With a grunt, I turned to my side and got to my feet, swollen and painful. I jumped out of the bed and to the adjoined bathroom, the ensuite.

"Kim, do you need help?" Jiyong grumbled and turned around in bed to face me.

"No, I'm good." I said from my seat in front of the toilet. And then it happened, the thing I will go into no detail about. Seriously, it . Just the sight of it made me want to puke even more.

"You sure?" he asked and I could hear his short groan as he got up as well.

"Yeah, I'm fine." But the footsteps kept coming closer. I didn't exactly mind, it was reassuring to know there was someone to help me through this. In fact, I think it felt better when he was here with me. Maybe the little ones could feel him. Jiyong knelt down and pulled my hair out of my face, rubbing my back.

"Thanks." I said. When I felt like it was done, I stood up to wash up. When I looked into the mirror I almost screamed. I looked dead! Not at all like someone about to get married! The sight brought literal and actual tears into my eyes.

"Oh, Kimmy... You look beautiful." Jiyong said, kissing the side of my head. "Don't worry about it."

"I'm going to worry!" I screeched, making him cringe. "It's my wedding day!"

"Yes, and you look gorgeous. Please. Not today." He smiled at me.

It was almost a routine. I would wake up like this every morning. And every morning I would see myself and think I was looking at a corpse or a zombie or something of the sort. And every morning he would help me through it. Just like this morning.

"Alright." I said, nodding even though I didn't mean what I said. I wanted to make him happy. "Okay."

"You look pretty." He pinched my cheeks. I smiled and batted his hands away.

"Jiiiii~" I whined. "Stop it."

He left me alone to wash up and brush my teeth and do my makeup. I did a "natural" makeup that made it look like I wasn't wearing any at all.

"Breakfast is ready." Jiyong said. "If you're feeling up to it."

A grumble in my stomach told me whatever I was smelling, it was good. "Coming!" I called.

Quickly I got out of the bathroom and joined him in the kitchen with a back hug. He slid a French style omelette onto a plate and then he cracked open another egg into the pan. "Hello there, sunshine." he greeted.

"Morning." Was this even normal? We were following a regular day's routine as if our marital statuses weren't going to change in a matter of hours. I thought about that as I stuck my fork into my egg. He joined me soon enough.

"How is it?" he asked, pointing at my food with his fork.

I chewed the piece in my mouth and swallowed. "Delicious." I complimented.

My phone began to ring in our room. Jittery already, I hopped off my high stool and ran, socks gliding effortlessly on the hardwood. "Hello?" I answered.

"Kim! Hi! How are you?" the sarcastic voice of JiNel filled my ears. "Where the hell are you? I thought we were supposed to meet up at Kelly's house."

I looked at the clock on the wall. "Not for another hour, Nel." I sighed. It seemed like she was getting more nervous about this wedding thing than I was. Not that I wasn't nervous, I totally was. Would I look good? Would he look good? (Trick question; he always looks good.) Would the guests enjoy the event? Would my family be there with smiles? I knew Mom had flown in two days ago with Geoff. Would she behave herself for once? Would the cake taste good, would the flowers be arranged perfectly..?

"There's no such thing as too early, Kim. Come on." JiNel insisted.

I huffed, giving in. "Fine. Just let me finish my breakfast."

I went back to the kitchen. "Why the long face?" Jiyong asked.

"Nel wants me at Kelly's ASAP. And you know JiNel, for her ASAP was two hours ago." I replied.

"Ah." He nodded, as if he needed no more explanation. He probably didn't. It didn't take long to figure out JiNel was a total nut, but that's why I liked her. "Well at least eat first. I can drop you off. Or is it crucial that you go alone or something?"

I stared at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, you know. I don't know these girl things when it comes to wedding preparations. Is it bad luck if a guy drops you off to the bridesmaids for prep?"

"No, Ji. I have never heard anything like that. Where do you come up with these things?" I laughed.

We finished our breakfast with light conversation and then loaded the dishes into the washer. I went to my room to get into some comfy clothes. It didn't matter what I wore. I'd be taking my shower there anyway.

In Jiyong's car, I think every gossip segment on the radio at least mentioned our wedding ceremony. I looked up at him whenever they would say his name and he would be smiling. I smiled too.

When I reached Kelly's apartment and saw the whole Makeover Factory set-up, that's when everything felt more real. Today I am marrying the love of my life. Today I am carrying my children. Today I am becoming a wife, and later a mother. Up until now it was just a fact, floating around, just something known to me. It wasn't a fact that belonged to anyone. Now it belonged to me. And I owned it like nothing else matters.

"Wow." I said, dropping off my bag at the door and taking off my shoes. "What a cool place you've got here."

The living room was entirely changed from the living room I'd visited all those millions of times. There was a station for hair, a station for makeup, and anything else you could possibly imagine.

"Yeah, let's get you started, Mrs. Kwon." Hooyoung giggled. She led me by the shoulders to the bathroom, and closed the door behind me.

I looked around the bathroom. The living room wasn't the only area transformed. Bottles and bottles of aromatic bath bubble formulas lined the counter. There were before-bath foams and after-bath creams and a whole array of skin softening gels that would make any girl swoon.

"Umm, Kim, just change and come back. You're not ready to bathe yet." Jaeminhi said through the door.

Change? I looked around. Behind the door was a plain white robe. It covered the necessary parts, but made everything accessible.

"I feel exposed." I complained as I got out of the bathroom.

JiNel started to snicker and I saw Hooyoung physically nudge her with her elbow. This seemed to only make whatever was funny, funnier.

"What?" I asked. When no one answered, I asked again. "What?!"

JiNel took a step forward and evaded my other friends' attempts to stop her. She started to poke my belly, which I hadn't thought was protruding too much.

"Holy smokes, you've gained weight." Nel laughed.

"JiNel!" Kelly hissed.

JiNel shrugged. "You were all thinking it."

"No, we weren't." Jaeminhi said sternly.

"Calm down, it's fine. Jeez, I know I've gained weight. Can we drop the subject?" I asked.

"Not till you drop a few pounds, holy crap!" JiNel laughed.

"Nel, would you cut it out?" I said, getting annoyed and feeling a little self-conscious.

"Yes, Nel, seriously. Shut up." Chaehin whispered. "Kim, you look beautiful, don't listen to her."

"Since when is putting on some pounds not-beautiful?" I asked her, and I think it was the hormones. "JiNel only pointed out the obvious; that I am physically expanding. Then you reassure me that I look beautiful. You're putting the bandaid on the wrong spot." I suddenly got tired and took a seat. Ugh. "And just so you know, all of you, I'm not fat, nor am I putting on weight. Well, technically I am, but not by my fault. Children weigh a lot." I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. Then I got back up. "Alright. Let's start."

At first they stared at me. Then, of course, Nel started bouncing. She danced circles around me, making me dizzy, chanting "Kimmy is pregnant. Kimmy is pregnant."

Then there was this weird group hug thing that my newfound PI claustrophobia did not enjoy but nothing stopped the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter