Chapter 7

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why? Why did all the mishaps happen to me? First Jessica and now Nel? What next?

Crap I probably just jinxed it.

Anyway, I got out of it with a broken arm and a bruised rib cage. Jessica was thrown onto bags and bags of cloth, she wasn't too bad. A few scratches here, a bruise there. Apparently we were both out for a day. They suspected it to be no more than shock. The car was totally thrashed and trashed. All our contents were saved. I even got to keep the things Nel bought, because they didn't think she'd wake up any time soon and when she did, she'd be two sizes smaller.

The taxi dropped us off at home. Thank God all of our belongings were safe. Thank God we were safe.

Ah man! I totally forgot! I have to work tomorrow! What am I supposed to do with a cast? Ugh, I'd have to switch and work a double shift next week.

For dinner, we ate ramen noodles. I couldn't cook anything single-handedly. I needed Jessica's help to change into my pajamas.

Thursday and Friday passed by really fast. I asked my friend from work , Saeyung to drive Jessica to school. He lived near me and the school was on his way so it didn't bother him. I hoped.

And Saturday arrived. I wasn't sure when to call him, so instead I just sent Jiyong-ssi a text.

«Call me when you get the chance. :)»

The phone rang five minutes later, it was him.

"Yeobohsayo, Jiyong-ssi." I said as cheerily as I could manage.

"Yeobohsayo! How are you?" he asked. I basked in the warm feel of his voice. Where had I heard it before?

"Oh, you know. Same old, same old. Look, I just need to tell you something." I said.

"What is it?" he asked me.

"Uhm... So, just so you don't get surprised when we meet up... I'll be wearing a cast."

His worry could be felt through the phone. "What?! What happened to you?! Are you okay? Talk to me!"

"I'm fine! I'm fine!! It's just a broken arm!"

"Just a broken arm?! JUST a broken arm?" he freaked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter