Chapter 96

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up on the seat beside Kim's bed to a nurse shaking my shoulder.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to move, I need to check her IV." she said.

I got up and rubbed my eyes. They were wet. I had been crying, just as I had been for a long time now. When I looked at Kim, her eyes were open and she was staring at me with a blank expression.

"Good morning." I said to her.

"Good morning." she mumbled back.

She still didn't know me, I knew that for a fact. By the way she was staring at me, it looked like she was trying not to hurt my feelings by pretending to remember me but at the same time trying to really remember me. I could tell it was wearing her out. I sighed.

"You don't have to remember me just yet." I said, staring at her beautiful face. I remembered clearly the day I had told her not to cut her hair and that I loved it long. I'm glad I did, because of her hair falling in front of her face, the windshield she crashed into didn't scratch her face. Her head took most of that damage, and later her arms and legs when she landed.

She frowned and looked away, at the wall in front of her. She puffed out her cheeks. "I'm trying hard, I swear."

"Don't tire yourself out. It'll happen when you're ready to remember." I smiled at her.

"Who were you to me?" she asked.

"Well, I should hope I was someone important, because you were very important to me." I lifted my hand to ruffle her hair like I always do but the bandage around her head stopped me. It would probably hurt at the touch. I brought my hand down and her cheek instead.

"I promise, when you're out of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter