Chapter 21

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica came up to me with a glass of water. "Here. Drink." she said.

I grasped the glass with both hands but I couldn't get myself to drink any of it. I needed to talk to Jiyong... But that's exactly what the letter told me not to do.

How did this happen? How did anyone even find out? I haven't spoken to him all week! Just today we made up and all was going great until... Jess came into the room. The door was open, even if only for a few seconds, for an audience. It could have been anyone who saw us. And then Jiyong walking out with reddened lips. I touched my lips. I was wearing lipstick. I hadn't washed my face yet.

I jumped up. I ran to the bathroom with Jessica hot on my heels. "Are you okay?" she was asking. She was worried. I splashed water onto my face and started to scrub forcefully. I started to sob. I sunk down the cabinet. My mascara, from the water and the tears, ran down my face. I was a mess. The water still running I sobbed out a seemingly unlimited amount of tears. I heard banging on the door. I was in no state to move at all. The thing is, the bathroom was right beside the door.

Jessica, God bless her soul, closed the bathroom door and answered the door. But just because whoever it was couldn't see me, doesn't mean they couldn't hear the sobs I tried and failed to stifle.

"Why's she crying?!" it was Jiyong. Oh no. Please, don't.

I heard Jessica's voice distinctly, through the running water. "I'll show you why she's crying."

Don't show. him the letter. Don't show him the letter.

"What's this?" he asked.

"A letter. Read it. See if you'd be able to hold in your tears." Why was she being cold towards him? Did she think it was his fault?

He was apparently done reading.

"Yeah. Pretty harsh." she said.

The was a knock on the bathroom door. He tried to open it and it was unlocked. "I'm coming in." he said.

I couldn't move anyways. I felt paralyzed. He saw me and immediately picked me up, one arm under my knees, the other supporting my back, bridal style and carried me to Jessica's bed. I cried some more.

"Shhh..." he soothed me. He my hair. Jess pulled the covers over me. "Nothing in that letter is true. I know no one this crazy. You're beautiful. You're the perfect girl for me. I love you. That's the truth." he kissed my forehead. "We'll find this person. I promise."

"Can I talk to you, Jiyong-oppa?" Jessica said.

Jiyong took one last glance at me and nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter