Chapter 20

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things were different between us since that day. The quickest summary I could come up with for the rest of the show: Jiyong-ssi won.

I tried to avoid him most of the time, but that was hard when he was literally my job. Jess and I stayed in a hotel room together, BIGBANG in the room in front of ours. Normally I would've had to stay with Kelly and Hooyoung and Chaehin and Jaeminhi in the room beside ours, but because of Jess I got a separate room.

The week was busy, so I didn't see Jiyong-ssi all day anyway, just a few minutes to touch up his face. He didn't wear much makeup to performances since he would sweat most of it off. So even those little meetings were short. I think he could tell I was a little pissed off when he spoke to me in private on Thursday at the hotel. He knocked on my door.

"Coming!" I said. I opened the door. My heart skipped a beat when I saw his exhausted face. "Come in." I said quietly.

He did. As soon as the door clicked shut, he turned to me. "What's up?"

"Not much, you?"

"Kim, I'm serious."

"Okay, fine. The ceiling's up."

It brought a fleeting smile to his face, but then he turned stone hard again. "Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you. You're busy and I don't want to get in your way." I said.

"You've been weird all week! What happened? Was it something I said? No, that can't be it, we hardly spoke!"

Look at us, arguing like a married couple. Jess was hanging out with Kelly. Thank God.

"It's nothing." I threw that day's clothes into a laundry basket. I was wearing my pajamas.

"Something bothering you?"

"It's nothing." I repeated.

"It's obviously something! Just tell me so I can fix it!"

"You can't fix it, you said it on live TV!" I yelled. I calmed down, or else they'd hear me.

"What?! What did I say?" he seemed to think for a minute about everything he said Monday.

I waited for him to get it.

"I don't get it. What did I say that day that made you so mad at me?"

"Ugh! You said you liked Soo Jeong!" I screamed in frustration. He looked surprised.

"What? That's what's been eating at you all week? Why didn't you say something so I could clarify and we could go out tomorrow night?"

"You're asking me out in the middle of an argument?" I was shocked. Who did he think I was? Would I forget all about it because of those special words?

"No, I'm going to clarify, and THEN I'm going to ask you out."

"You know what? No. I'm gonna be a bitc--" he stopped my words with a kiss. It was passionate and deep, and at the same time gentle and caring. I couldn't pull away until he did.

"That's your explanation? A kiss? You think that'll help you in your case?"

"No, you just looked really cute and I couldn't resist. But please! Let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter