Chapter 10

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

«Why didn't you tell me?!» I sent Jiyong-ssi a text. I tried calling him a few times but he wouldn't answer. Some minutes later, when I felt comfortable enough to face the dinner table again, I went out. I walked to the kitchen to see Jess and my dad washing the dishes. Jess looked up.

"Are you okay, Kim? We left the food out in case you're still hungry." she said.

"No, thanks though." I said, monotone. I had no appetite. Besides I was full, and on the verge of emptying it all out anyways. I put the contents of the bowl into a smaller container and put it in the fridge. I also cleaned up my plate and utensils. I didn't like others doing work around my house. It made me feel useless, so I tried to do the one dish left.

Keyword: tried. I dropped the plate on the floor and it smashed into a million pieces. I don't know how it happened, but I found myself bending down to pick up the little pieces of ceramic. Some of the sharp ends cut my fingers but I didn't care.

Dad told Jess to go get the vacuum cleaner and he helped me back on my feet. "What happened? Who was on the phone?" he asked me. "You've been strange since the call. Who was it?"

I didn't want him worrying about me or Jess. I didn't want to have to tell him that I almost let Jess get kidnapped. So I lied. "The hospital. Just confirming my appointment tomorrow." I smiled.

I wasn't sure if he believed me, but he didn't carry it on any further. He went to the washroom and got the first aid kit. He bandaged my fingers. The world was moving in slom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter