Chapter 102

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday, after spending most of the time at the HQ building watching other shoots happen, I headed back home. I took a shower and put on a blue dress with a subtle green floral print.

I splashed some light pink blush on my cheeks, put a light blue eyeshadow and curled my lashes. I applied mascara and some liquid eyeliner on top of my eyes. I put on some deep plum lipstick.

I sat, staring at my phone, waiting for it to ring. Since I no longer had a car, he had to pick me up to take me out. He was, of course, more than willing to; anything to see me. It just added to my feeling of guilt.

I jumped at my everpresent ringtone. How many years has it been since I put that one on? "Yeobohsayo." I said.

"Miss Lee, I am patiently awaiting your appearance outside." Ji said, his voice ier than ever.

I smiled, giddy like a child, as if it was my first date and we weren't engaged. I skipped all across the parking lot into his arms. He spun me around once and then opened my door. I got in and he shut it behind me. He ran over to the drivers side. When he was inside, he smiled at me like a puppy who's owner just came home.

It occurred to me that this was not how he would greet me if he knew that I was the primary reason he hadn't seen me for a long time.

We stopped in front of a classy restaurant and he opened my door and let me out. He took my hand and lifted me out of the car, placing a gentle kiss on the back of my hand, making me blush.

Inside, a waiter led us to a hidden part of the restaurant, where we could eat in peace and quiet. As we took our seats, they set menus in front of us and left.

"Finally, a moment alone with you!" Ji smiled. "I haven't gotten that in what, months? Years?"

"Oh, don't exaggerate. It's been two weeks."

"Two weeks is a lot, jagi!" he whined, and I smiled. "You shouldn't be working so hard in your condition."

"It's not like I'm paralyzed." I sipped my water out of the plastic straw.

"Well it's not only me who's worried. Mr. Song is too."

I nearly spat out my water. "You spoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter