Chapter 36

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junghwa-oppa gave me a ride home that day, and I was really grateful. The entire way, he tried to cheer me up with some stories of him in university. Well, mostly just his friends in university.

He was telling me about some guy who got really drunk, and normally those stories I find hilarious, but this one wasn't the same. Nothing happened. The guy got super drunk and passed out then the next morning he woke up with a massive headache. Actually, his pain relieving tactics were funnier than the actual time he spent drunk. I laughed with him though, so that I wouldn't be rude.

When we pulled up at my dad's apartment building, he looked at me. "Kim-ssi..." he said. "I..." he seemed to think about what he would say next. "...take care..." With that he drove off.

"Okay... Thanks?" I said, then turned, walking up the stairs into the main ground floor. I got into the elevator, and pushed the button for the third floor.

Two people got into the elevator after I got out. They were clearly foreigners and they stood out. The woman had blonde and pink hair and the man was super tall with red-tipped chicken hair. They had a little dog on a leash, and I think the canine is what grabbed my attention the most. He was a white Pekingese, but there was a stripe of blue that started at the back of his neck all the way to the tip of his tail. It was the color of TOP-oppa's hair. They looked familiar, but I didn't have time to place where I've seen them before.

I shrugged it off and continued. I slipped the key into the door, and got inside. I took off my shoes and put on some slippers and made my way into the kitchen. I wasn't hungry, but the kitchen was the barest room in the entire apartment. I needed to think.

I was still angry at him. So I couldn't text him yet, saying I'm sorry. My pride wouldn't let me. Stupid pride. But still. He was being weird today. First of all, suggesting that I date him behind his girlfriend's back? No way, Jose! And then mocking Joghwa-oppa... Why did I get so angry about that anyways? But then he went and "gave me permission" to date whoever I wanted? It's not his choice to make! I didn't say anything when he started dating Soo Jeoung. Well, okay, I did. But I just like Junghwa-oppa! Who said we're dating? So just because Jiyong-ssi's my exboyfriend, I'm not allowed to have feelings anymore? I scoffed.

Enough thinking. I went back to my room. I sat in my bed with my legs brought into my chest and I rested my left cheek on my right knee as I stared at a poster of BIGBANG, the only one, on the wall to my right. I focused on his face. He looked different between there and how I'd seen him today.

I heard the door click shut. My dad wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter