Chapter 113

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, the house was finished and I inspected the finished product. For the living room, a lively red, the kitchen a vibrant green. One of the bathrooms was orange while the other was purple. Ji and my room was a different shade of red, the only word I could find to describe it was "y". There was a guest room with a bed and a garderobe.

We had a play room for the kids, it was pretty big. It was a light blue with sponged-on white clouds, and moderately sized decals of birds and butterflies, and a dark green strew of lines that resembled grass that ran all around the bottom edge and matched the color of the soft carpet that covered the floor.

There were two kids rooms, one a light baby blue and the other a soft cotton candy pink, and all decorated similarly to the colors of the wall, respectively.

I leapt onto our bed on my back, tired beyond explanation. Ji joined beside me. "That was fun." I said, and he nodded in response. I fell asleep on the bed and Ji tucked me in.

[Jiyong's POV]

It might've been the most time we've ever spent together in a long time, since I was always busy. I shouldn't have made her quit her job, at least then she would have something to do while I was away. But then again, her rest was a big plus. Not that she ever sat still like she should.

I kissed her forehead and left the room to fix us some dinner. I ended up making some jjangmyeon, because, well... I have no idea how to really make much.

I felt bad for having to wake Kim so soon, but she seemed happy about it. She must've had a nice dream.

"You made food?" was the first thing she asked. Her senses were very tuned these days, it's hard to keep anything from her. She can like, smell lies. It's weird.

I took her hand and led her to the kitchen, where there were two tall stools by the island.

We ate in silence. I don't know why, but I felt a growing distance between us. Maybe I'm being selfish, I mean, what experience do I have in this field? I should give her some space. Breathing room, right?

"Are you still tired?" I asked her.

She nodded. "A little. Why? Did you want to do something?" She seemed to perk up like a puppy who knows it's dinner time.

"Ani, just wondering." I smiled. "Unless you want to do something?"

Were we in middle school? Why is it so hard to talk to my soon-to-be wife?

"Nothing comes to mind..." she said quietly, her eyes glazed over. "I–" She aborted her sentence.

"You what?" I insisted, keen on anything that could be considered conversation.

"It's nothing to bother you about. Sorry." she turned back to her plate.

"Bother me." I said.

She sighed. "I... I kinda miss working. I mean, at least there are people around me. Now, it's not the same. You're working most of the time and when you're not, you're tired, or I'm tired, or we're both tired. Boss and Jolie can only be so much company." She twirled her fork in her food. "I didn't want to tell you because you'll feel useless when there's nothing you can do. It's just a matter of time, then I'll have two more people in this house." She smiled.

"Kim, you know, you need your rest, that's why you can't work. I just don't want to put you in any danger, big or small." I said, wanting to help her, but knowing just as well as she did that I couldn't.

"I know. It's fine, really. I'm fine. I just sometimes wish I had a hobby, or a project to work on."

"Well, you can get into a hobby. Hey, shopping's a nice hobby to get into." I said, trying to make her laugh. I got partway there when she cracked a smile.

"I can just go out and hang out with my friends, o-or my dad! Yeah, I can hang out with my family, and maybe Kelly, or JiNel or both." She nodded to herself, her straight chocolate hair swaying.

I nodded. "Just don't exert yourself, alright?" I kissed her head.

"Yah! Your mouth is oily!" she said, laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter