Chapter 25

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stayed to watch me pack both my things and Jess's things.

"Tell me about your brother." he said.

"My brother's cool. My age, obviously. He's married. I haven't seen him in ages."

"Is his wife hot?"

I laughed. "Moya!!"

"What?" he smiled painfully. That's right. We're not dating anymore... I'd forgotten already. It felt so natural to just be with him.

"She's very hot." I said.

"Mm. Just my type. Too bad she's married. She got any friends?"

"Plenty. She had like, 20 bridesmaids."

"Huh... Where did you say she lived, again?"

And I almost answered him. "Jiyong!" I scolded. "Don't do that!"

He laughed. "Okay, I'm sorry."

I was packing my last item and he stood up.

"When do you leave?" he asked.

"Sometime tomorrow. I don't quite know yet." I would have to ask the manager.

His face went blank. Then it got sadder and sadder, by the second.

"This entire time, I've been trying to act okay, but I just had to go and ruin it." he said. A tear rolled down his cheek and stopped mid-way. He reached to wipe it but I grabbed his hand. I stood on my tip-toes and kissed it off.

"I'd rather you show emotion." I said. "Don't make my mistake. Don't build walls." He nodded.

"And find someone." I continued. "Find someone worthy of you, who makes you feel whole. Who makes you happy when you're sad and acts drunk with you on planes and has the same taste in drinks." I was crying now too. "And she has to love you. She can't just like you. She has to love you. If she doesn't love you, you call me and I'll teach her how to love you, okay?"

He nodded. "And you find someone who doesn't endanger you, someone with the same star sign and the same favorite color. And he must protect you from everything. Anything that means you harm. He has to promise before you give him your heart."

I nodded too, and he pulled me into a hug. 

We stayed like that for a bit. Then I had to go and ship Jess's luggages. Ji offered to come with me, (actually he begged) but I declined. I think he was trying to spend every minute left with me so that none of it is wasted, but I couldn't bear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter