Chapter 41

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I awoke with a jolt. Wow, my life was boring back when I lived in Bucheon. I was in Seoul again, and I felt like a child, you know, when you fall asleep on the couch and you wake up in your bed and you feel like you teleported? Same feeling.

Uhh... What? Did BIGBANG exist here? How about Jaeminhi and the other girls? They felt real.

I searched through my contacts and past text conversations. "They're here." I said to myself.

That meant Nel was still in a coma.

I walked out of the room, still dressed in yesterday's clothes, just different in that now they were wrinkled.

"Good morning." said my dad, gruffly.

Oh yeah, I was in trouble. "Good morning." I said. "Can I make you breakfast?"

"No, that's fine. You should take something for that headache." he said. I hadn't noticed, but now it did feel like twenty bajillion holes were being drilled into my skull.

"Yeah. Thanks." I said. I reached for the painkillers. I took two, after reading the label, and downed them with a glass of water.

"So, what drove you to drink last night?" he asked casually. "Was it that Jiyong kid on TV?"

Ugh, this was pretty awkward, but I owed him an explanation. "Yes. It was him. And I didn't drink a whole lot, just like, two glasses."

"Good. So you're not a strong drinker. That's good." he said. "Next time, though, answer your phone."

"Sorry. The place was loud and I didn't hear it."

"Okay. It's okay. Let's just never repeat this, alright?"

I nodded and he kissed my forehead. He left for work. I went back to my room. How did I even wake up? That was some deep sleep.

Then my phone rang again. I heard Jiyong-ssi's familiar voice sing the opening to one of the best dance songs in history. I jumped for it

"Yeobohsayo?" I said.

"Yeobohsayo." Junghwa-oppa said.

"Ah, oppa! How are you? I'm sorry for last night." I said, reddening.

"It's okay, and I'm fine. How's your father?" he asked tentatively.

"Definitely better than last night." I answered.

He was relieved. "Phew. And how are you?" he asked.

"I just took a painkiller. The pain is stubborn and it won't die." I said. He chuckled.

"Well, you tell that pain that if it doesn't die soon, I'll kill it myself. No one hurts my dongsaeng!"

Except you... I thought. Just his mere existence hurt me because he wasn't with me. Wow. These feelings felt like a trip down memory lane, back in the summers of high school, when I would visit my dad. That's when I met him, and that's when I fell for him. And when I say fell, I mean the head over heels kind.

"Are you still there?" he asked.

"Oh, yes. Sorry, just lost in thought."

"Whatcha thinking about?" he asked.

You. "Nothing. I mean, everything. I mean..! Ugh. My thoughts are so everywhere that I don't even know anymore." I said.

"I know the feeling." he said.

"You do?" He seemed like the kind of guy that had a mind so organized, his thoughts were in alphabetical order.

"Yeah, it happens when I'm talking to someone I like." he said. I could hear him smirk.

I giggled. "So how often would it happen?" I asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter