Chapter 31

Dragon of the East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found it! It was perfect! The way it looked, the way it felt, the way it SMELLED! This was the apartment for me. I did a little twirl, feeling like I was in a movie, arms outstretched. My agent laughed at me.

"I take it you like this one?"

"Nope. I LOVE it!" I said. My voice echoed on the unfurnished walls. It even sounded amazing.

"I hope you love the price, too. It's right at your price range, more to the start price, actually." She took out a folder. She set it down on the kitchen island. I bounded over, feeling childish and giddy.

Whoa. Like... WHOA! "How come it's this cheap? Is it haunted or something?"

She laughed. "No, actually." she pointed outside the balcony. "It's a quiet area."

"What?! Isn't that a good thing?" I was pretty darned shocked.

"People around here like busy stuff and noises. The more you see when you sit at your balcony, the better."

This was perfect! Thank God people had questionable taste in homes around here. "When can I move in? When can I move in?"

The previous owner had to send back the household appliances like he'd promised, so my agent said probably by next week at the latest. I felt amazing as I went back to Hiu-tuk's house. I felt so attached to this new apartment that I didn't even call it my own home anymore. I got to the bus stop and stuck in my earphones. I pressed play and on came some BIGBANG. To top off my extremely awesome afternoon. I smiled and the lady with the two little kids looked at me funny. I didn't care, I was happy.

The bus pulled up and I got in. I stuck a hand in my pocket and pulled out some Liras. I stuck them into the box and took a seat. I lightly hummed along to the song.

At the stop right beside Hiu's apartment, I bounced off and strode inside. I snuck into the house, wanting to surprise Gülizar.

"Ben geldiiiim!" I sang. (I'm hoooooome!)

She poked her head around the kitchen door. She spoke in Turkish to herself, saying "she's home early, maybe she went shopping again."

I replied to her in Turkish. It was time to break this wall in between us. "Yes, I was shopping. But not just regular shopping."

She gaped at me. "You understand Turkish?"

"Yeah, I've been learning. But guess what?"

"Wait. One minute. I'm still in shock." she took a seat in the eating area. "You speak Turkish?!"

I nodded.

"Okay, what?"

I beamed. I joined her at the table. "I found someplace."

"What do you mean?" she was trying so hard to hide a smile she deserved.

"An apartment. It's not far from here, it's cheap and it's cozy! It's perfect!"

"You're moving?" she asked. The smile was fighting her facial muscles.

"Yeah. I've troubled you guys enough. I've been here for a year, I think it's time to go."

The smile won. "I'm sorry, I'm happy for you! I swear!"

"Yeah, I'm sure!" I said, pushing her arm playfully. We laughed and then we heard the door open and close.

"What are you two laughing about?" Hiu-tuk asked.

"I'm moving, brother!" I said in fluent Turkish. It didn't surprise him as much as it had surprised Gül.

However, the news itself did. "Why? What's wrong with here?"

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter