62: What Kind of Help Do you Need?

Calm Down Tiger

 

Mark’s POV

 

It’s Sunday night and I am back here in Best house helping him with his school work and also I ate dinner in his house. His sister of course prefer having us here in the living room where she can see us because she said that she’s very loyal with Ai’Gun which I don’t really know why she’s behaving like that but as long as she’s not interested with Ai’Gun then both of us are good.

 

Honestly, I cannot concentrate very well today—not only today but since last Friday night because of what Ai’Fluke said. “It can’t be!” I mumbled feeling irritated all over again while thinking of my Ai’Gun probably dating a girl. Why a girl? I am here! Why not choose me? “It’s already late na khrab Mark, if we won’t finish this then—” “I won’t sleepover.” I cut him because I know he would suggest sleepover again, “I am very loyal with Ai’Gun too. I don’t want to make a misunderstanding between the two of us again,” I explained because even though I am bothered, I am still coherent.

 

Best shifted his position so that he is facing me now, “Then you need to focus na khrab,” he said softly to me but it only makes me frown, “I don’t get it Best—” I look at him too, “Why does my wife na khrab wants to meet girls?” it’s funny that I am asking Best about this kind of stuff, “Ahm—maybe because—hello Mark Siwat! He is straight na khrab!” does he really need to remind me that again? I roll my eyes before glaring at him, “Not funny anymore na khrab!” I said with my low tone voice.

 

“And it’s also not funny na khrab how much hurt I am gaining in this set up na Mark.” This is why I don’t want to do this this, “I told you before na khrab Best that I don’t want to do this because I can still have my Ai’Gun without your help but you insisted na khrab of using you and so I did—if you are feeling hurt already then I am sorry but you can back out anytime na khrab!” I told him because I am only human too. Of course, I feel mad at myself too whenever I feel like Best is getting hurt but as I said—I don’t have feelings for him anymore. I don’t want to use him but he said use him anyway—and now he is complaining about getting hurt. He can still run away from me if he wants.

 

Best suddenly looks so serious. His eyes looks so sharp as ever—the same eyes I saw when I broke up with him before, “You said—that if it’s not Ai’Gun then it’s not me—well Mark—same here—if it’s not you na khrab then I’d rather not have anyone,” that makes me nervous. I know him—so much that it hurts to see him like this, “Best—I don’t want to hurt you further na khrab than this.” I said before sighing deeply.

 

There are reasons why you shouldn’t be friends with your ex-lovers—and this is one of them. The whole living room was filled with silence and I am so glad that Nong Rina is in her room because I don’t want her to witness how I hurt her brother.

 

Again, I grab the neglected paper on the table and also the pen and started translating the lecture one more time. I didn’t try talking to Best again because this kind of conversation isn’t healthy for both of us. I was busy translating the last page of the lecture when I heard some loud footsteps and a yell, “P’Mark na kharb!” I quickly look at the direction of the stairs and saw Nong Rina running downstairs with her smartphone on her hand. I don’t normally talk a lot to Nong so I am not sure what she wants.

 

I didn’t say anything to her, “Here na khrab!” she pushed her phone on my chest and I frown, “Why are you giving your phone to me na khrab? I can buy hundreds of that phone without making me broke,” I am irritated even before she went downstairs so it isn’t my problem if I am throwing shades to her now, “P’—” her eyes are getting bigger just by look at me, “It’s P’Gun na khrab! He said he cannot contact your phone,” as soon as I heard my wife’s name, I grab the phone on Nong’s hand and saw the ongoing call on Line with P’Gun as the username. My smile voluntarily came out, “Thank you an khrab,” I told her before pressing the phone on my ears and also trying to get away from Best by standing up and walking to the other side of the living room.

 

“Hello na khrab,” I said with my sweetest voice but the other line only sigh deeply, “Why are you in P’Best house again na khrab P’Mark?” I smile. I like the feeling when he is asking me about my personal business. “I am helping him na khrab again with his lecture na Ai.” I explained with all honestly. Somehow, it feels like I am reporting to him. There’s a very long pause at the other line, “I am almost done na khrab Ai’Gun. I will go home soon,” see, I am really reporting to him.

 

‘What a great husband you are na khrab Mark!’

 

I want to pat my own shoulder for being a good husband, “Aww P’—it’s late na khrab—” “Well—I can sleepover he—” “No P’—you have car right? Drive P’ but you need to be very very careful because Ai’Plan told me a very scary story about ghost na khrab every night, but you don’t need to be scared na P’—ghost cannot harm you na khrab because P’Hyuk told me that. You also need to make sure na khrab that there aren’t animals on street because you might hit them and if they die they will be ghost—oh no P’Mark that’s very scary na khrab!” I am smiling the whole time while listening to his nonstop talking but I am not complaining.

 

“But P’—I am trying to call you khrab but the call is not connecting the khrab so I tried calling Nong Rina to ask if you are around and thankfully you are really in their house na khrab—though I am not thankful that you are helping P’Best again because you know Ai’Mean told me and Ai’Plan before that we will not learn if we will ask help all the time na khrab.” Somehow, what he said makes sense. I sigh deeply too, “Sorry na Ai’—my phone died already and I forgot to charge it na khrab. I will also take good care while driving and stay away from ghost and animals—” I tried turning to face the brother’s and sister’s but Nong Rina has two thumbs up and bright smile while Best has the best interpretation of his ‘What the ?’ look.

 

I groan a bit, “Ahm—Ai’Gun, why are you looking for me na khrab?” I asked him finally because as much as I love talking to him, I also need to finish the paper so that I can go home already and not make my baby worries for me, “Oh yeah—thank you na khrab P’ for reminding me. First na khrab P’—my P’Hyuk is back na khrab and all I want to say is that—P’, it looks like P’Hyuk and Ai’Cap are okay now and Ai’Cap is calling Ai’White probably telling him about the news so I thought, ‘Woie! I should also call P’Mark to tell him na khrab,’ because I don’t want to be alone again in the room while Ai’Cap is talking to his boyfriend na khrab~” it looks like Ai’White got lucky already, “Second, P’—Ai’Cooheart called me this morning na khrab sending me a picture of his friend na khrab and he told me that he sets up a meeting tomorrow na khrab and I am not sure why we need to have meeting na khrab because I only know meeting in schools but Ai’Cooheart told me to ask help from P’Mark on how to have a good and successful blind date na khrab—so P’—can you help me?”

 

I can feel my jaw clenching while listening to Ai’Gun. So the purpose of this call is to rub it all over my face about his date. I underestimated you Ai’Cooheart, “What kind of help do you need na khrab?” I maintained my sweetest voice because regardless of his date, I am still talking to him over the phone. I don’t need to sound so jealous—even if I am, “That’s the problem na P’! I haven’t had any blind dates before so I am not sure what to do na khrab!” his innocence will be the death of me soon.

 

I stared at Best suddenly because an idea pop in my mind, “Ai’Gun, you just need to be yourself na khrab and wear your best uniform in your closet na khrab. You don’t need to try to impress people because you are always impressive na khrab regardless of what you do.” I said those honest words to him again but I know, “Why P’—Why? Am I somebody else? Of course I need to be myself na khrab!” he will be clueless again. I laugh at once, “Yes you are Ai’Gun,” I mumbled before plotting my perfect plan, “Anyway na khrab, where and when are you even having your date?” I hope he won’t notice.

 

“Hum—Ai’Fluke sent me the message na khrab—it will be at Siam na khrab—it’s a Korean restaurant na P’—after my last class na khrab at 5pm, P’,” When we are already together Ai’Gun I will teach you not to say everything to people who is asking you, “Woie! Best and I will be in Siam too tomorrow na khrab! He said—” Best looks dumbfounded, “he will treat me for helping him in school work. We might bump into each other na khrab!” I sounded so excited thought Best looks like he will kill me soon and Nong Rina has this amazed smile on her lips.

 

‘Aghhh—there are only few Korean restaurant na khrab in Siam, we will definitely see you there Ai’Gun—your date—will be your last!’

 


 

We half run half walk in Siam because apparently Best is as slow as a turtle, “I told you na khrab that my class ends at 5pm too!” he said a bit angry but I am more angry, “That was why I said hurry up because your university is nearer to Siam than mine! Woie! I waited for 15 minutes in the parking lot na khrab!” both of us bring our own car but I am angry because first, I waited for him. Second, Ai’Gun messaged me already that he is with his date already.

 

“Anyway, I research all the Korean restaurant in Siam na khrab and they only have 5 so all we need to do is to find Ai’Gun and pretend that it’s a coincidence—okay Best?” and if he say not okay, I would still push thru my plan because I don’t want to hand over my wife to someone else—not to any boys and definitely not to any girls. Best walks ahead of me, “Not as if I have a choice—right?” and his answers to me these days are getting on my nerves.

 

We seldom fought when we were still dating but when we did—it was mostly about the way he answers me. He knows how much I hate it but he still does it. In the end, since I don’t want to start a fight between us, I just let him be and follow him towards the first Korean restaurant. Actually, it’s a bit crowded already because there are so many students from university but I ignore them—all I care right now if to find my baby.

 

“Did you see him?” I asked Best because there is no way we can miss Ai’Gun. His hair makes him stand out so much. Best shakes his head, “Not here,” he said before we both walk out of the first restaurant just to go to the next one which is on the second floor. I also grab my phone and open my mobile data to see if I can find Ai’Gun.

 

Best lead the way while I am busy scrolling my instagram and also refreshing couple of times to see if Ai’Gun will post something or not. “Turn left na khrab,” Best said and I follow him because right now, I am only half looking at my phone and half looking to where I am walking. “Just find him,” I mumbled before refreshing the feed one more time.

“Also not here,” he said again and I am getting impatient but suddenly my Ai’Gun decided it’s time to post something on his story and I quickly view it. He posted a picture of himself probably before he arrived in the meeting place but thankfully he put the location on the post. I quickly put my phone in my back pocket, “The next restaurant na khrab,” I said to Best and to my surprise he stays calm and we started walking together like we didn’t try finding someone half a second ago.

 

It’s just a normal Korean restaurant with grill in front and there are only few people in it probably because it’s a bit expensive than the other Korean restaurant. “Annyeonghaseyo~” they greeted us as soon as we enter the restaurant and I finally see my Ai’Gun grilling meat while a girl is smiling in front of him. “Table for two na khrab,” I said without looking at the waiter and he leads us to a table that is only 2 tables away from Ai’Gun.

 

My wife hasn’t seen me yet because he is busy talking and grilling at the same time and the girl looks so entertain. I sit opposite to Best, “Are you only looking na khrab?” he asked me with soft tone and I shake my head, “Nope—we will stick to the plan na Best.” I answered with burning desire all over my body. No one can take away what’s mine. Then I smile, “Woie! What should we eat na khrab Best?” I asked using my normal cheerful voice and thankfully Best follows right away, “Let’s see na khrab, do you want pork—or beef?” two can play better than one.

 

I scratch the back of my head, “Maybe—can we have—” “Woie!!! P’Best na khrab?” bingo! I smile but only Best can see it because I am facing him, “Ai’Gun?” he said with his most surprise tone. I turned my head, “Eh? Ai’Gun?” I also said making my best ‘what-are-you-doing-here-tone’ and Ai’Gun quickly shows his biggest smile showing his gums that I find so attractive to him. The girl with him also looks at us and I wai because I want her to feel like I am a good mannered person. Ai’Gun stands up and the girl finally wai back to me or to us, it doesn’t really matter, “You are right na P’Mark—we will really see each other today na khrab!” Ai’Gun’s voice sounds so excited as he reaches me and pat my shoulder, “This is so funny na khrab because Best and I were looking for Korean restaurant to eat na khrab just now and then surprisingly you are here too—and?”

Ai’Gun follows my stare and he smiles right away, “Ahh—P’Mark –and P’Best—this is Nong Prim, she is Ai’Fluke’s friend na khrab,” now I am able to look at this girl. She looks okay—white skin, but not as white as my Ai’Gun—she looks okay like the usual okay girls. “Sawadee kah, P’,” she said and I did the same, “Sawadee khrab,” and so did Best. But I can’t help looking at Ai’Gun who looks so excited, “Do you want to sit with us na khrab P’Mark? We can tell the server na khrab and they can put the table together na P’—er—is it okay with you too P’Best?” I have this confetti flying in my head already because I know this date is over the moment we stepped in this restaurant.

 

I look at Best and did my best to sound convincing, “Is it okay Best na khrab? I mean—Ai’Gun is inviting us over na khrab,” I make sure to smile at him and I saw his shoulder moved a bit meaning he is trying to stop himself from laughing, “Sure—no problem na Ai’Gun. Let’s tell the waiter to move our table closer to each other,” Best said and I heard a loud, “YES!” from Ai’Gun.

 

‘My adorable baby, you have a lot of things to learn if you really want to date someone—but you cannot date anyone anymore na Ai’Gun.’

 

I stand up and also Best stands up and when I tried to look at this Nong Prim, she has a forced smile on her face, “You won’t feel uncomfortable—right Nong?” I asked her to irritate her more and she just forced a smile again, “It’s okay—na kah, P’.” I know the victory is all mine now. I hope this will be the last one because I swear; I can do this over and over again if I need to just to prevent a possible date between Ai’Gun and any girls that Ai’Cooheart and Ai’Fluke are trying to introduce to my innocent baby. Do they even think that Ai’Gun can have a relationship? He doesn’t even understand most of my flirty words to him and he doesn’t get my hits—what made them think that Ai’Gun can even have a relationship with someone other than me?

 


 

Hahahahha because everything seems well with White and Captain, let’s take a look at Mark and Gun’s progress.