122: You Did a Good Job Mean

Calm Down Tiger

 

Mean’s POV

 

Ai’White: Ai’Mean! Help me escape!

 

Ai’Mean: Escape? Ai’Bastard what are you talking about na khrab? And where are you? You’ve been absent for few days na khrab and P’Mark is so pissed off at you right now!

 

Ai’White: I’ll answer all your questions na Ai’Mean but I really need your help right now. Bring your car na khrab and we will talk once you are here.

 

And even though Ai’White’s house has a really tight security, I was still able to get in because Ai’White and I have been friends for a long time.

 

I march straight into his room. Everyone in the house knows me anyway so no one is stopping me, instead they are bowing  politely at me but I am also pissed off at Ai’White for dragging Ai’Captain into this mess and now he hasn’t been showing up in the university. That idiot!

 

I didn’t know, I burst the door open and saw Ai’White on the corner of his bed looking miserable but I careless right now. “Ai’Bastard!” I called out to him but make sure that the door is close. Before I can even go to him, he already opens his mouth, “I know—damn—I know you are mad na khrab Ai’Mean—but what can I do? I also cannot get out of our house right now too,” and I stop on my track.

 

I look at him, “What do you mean?” but didn’t put an effort to make my vice softer.

 

He sighs, “Mae khrab and Pa khrab—they told me to stay at home na Ai’Mean. As you can see—our house na khrab has tight security again. They—want me to—stay out of it,” his voice keeps on dropping.

 

I decided to sit on the edge of his bed but a bit far from Ai’White, “Stay out? What do you mean stay out?” I asked.

 

When I look at him, he looks much more miserable if that’s possible, “Stay out—like—I am not part of it na khrab and—” “ YOU!” I can’t help but cut him off and burst out.

 

For the past few days, I saw how P’Mark got stressed running around the whole university, trying to fetch Ai’Gun and Ai’Captain just to stay out of publics eyes. To think that it’s almost graduation time for P’.

 

I saw how those engineering boys lurking around the whole Music College just to protect Ai’Captain.

 

I saw how Ai’Gun did his best to always stay beside Ai’Captain as much as possible.

 

Damn! Even Plan doesn’t have time with me because he wants to stay with Ai’Gun and Ai’Cap too.

 

Lastly, I saw Ai’Cap. His eyes look tired. He looks scared and hurt but at the same time, he is doing his best to survive and to fight. He loves Ai’White so much and this bastard in front of me is telling me that his parents want him to stay out of the issue? him!

 

“Ai’Mean, listen to me first,” and now he is demanding me to listen?

 

I shook my head, “What more Ai’White? What more? Because I am so close of punching you right now!” I grind my teeth trying to make myself calm.

 

He also shook his head, “You need to—understand me first na khrab,” he plead one more time.

 

“Ai’White—aren’t you asking for too much na khrab? Have you texted Ai’Cap since the news broke out? Or have you ever read the news? The one suffering so much—is Ai’Cap. He hasn’t even been eating properly lately and Ai’Gun is so worried. Plan keeps on telling me this and that and even P’Mark stepped in already to help your boyfriend—yes Ai’White—in case you forgot—we are talking about your boyfriend!” I want to say more. I want to get mad but at the same time, but I know that Ai’White is a reasonable person. I just can’t help but to feel bad at Ai’Cap.

 

My friend here looks worried so suddenly, “He…isn’t?”

 

“He…isn’t!” I tried my best to calm down a bit.

 

“But…I…my phone was—” then he looks at me, “confiscated na khrab by my Mae. They told me that—it won’t do me good if I will keep on reading news. I told them that…I need to talk to Cap na khrab but told me to rest assure because nothing harm will come to Captain…but—” is he serious right now?

 

“This morning…while I was eating my breakfast—I heard some Par na khrab whispering about the issue and saying that media na khrab are trying to dig on Cap’s family—so—I got worried and messaged you using my laptop na khrab because I want to see Cap and to make sure that he is okay but I know that Mae and Pa na khrab will not let me go easily…damn—I even deleted Line application on my laptop to make sure that they will not see na khrab that I was asking help from you…” he suddenly grabs both of my hands, “Ai’Mean—help me!” he begged.

 

I don’t understand how things turned this way.

 

I open my mouth, “You really—don’t have—any idea?” I asked again. I just need to make sure.

 

His grip tightens on my hands, “Ai’Mean…you know how much I love Captain na khrab. You can still remember when I was…courting him na khrab and almost give up—right?” I nod, “There’s no way that I will let things happen to him if I am aware na khrab. Of course I am glad that there are many people around him—trying to help him—but I also want to protect him. And right now—I am not sure na Ai’ if I want to protect him from the people’s judgment or—from my family.”

 

I gulp loudly, loud enough for him to hear, “Are you sure na khrab? I am not trying to discourage you or something na Ai’White—but—the moment you step out of your house—you might not be able to get back in. The moment you stand beside Ai’Captain—you are standing against your parents na khrab. Are you sure?” just how far can he go with his love? I want to know too.

 

Never did he blink, “I talked to them nicely na khrab. All I want is to make sure that Captain will be safe. They taught me to stand on what I think is right na Ai’Mean—to follow my heart—and to be brave. I will be with Captain this time—and probably face P’Mark and P’Hyuk’s wrath. I don’t care na khrab!”

 

I smirk, “You are ready!” I said before pulling my hands off his grip.

 

I inhale deeply before standing up, “You better hurry up,” I said again but that makes him confused, “Huh? Hurry up?” he asked me too while standing up slowly.

 

I don’t go to enemy’s territory without planning things out first, “When you told me na khrab to help you escape—I knew something was off. So I called P’Mark na khrab and told him that I am heading to your house. P’Mark was so pissed off but he cares for you too Ai’White. While on the way, P’Mark told me to ask you if you really want to do this because we all don’t want you to regret any rush decisions. So when I asked you na khrab just now—I want to make sure that you are ready.” He looks funny with confused expression.

 

I walk around his room while continuing my explanation, “In short, you passed. So now, P’Mark is in the backyard na khrab—do you remember when we were playing computer games before in my house? You told me na khrab that there’s a broken fence at the backyard and you were able to go to my house na khrab without telling your parents? Well good news—the fence is still broken and P’Mark’s car is there. I don’t want to make a conflict between my family na khrab and your family so I will step out of your room. Let people see you for a while na khrab then go to the backyard after 5 minutes maybe and P’Mark and I will wait for you—and oh—give me your valuable things. I will bring it out na khrab.” I finished my explanation feeling proud.

 

I turn around and saw that bright wide smile on Ai’White’s lips. His eyes are sparking for some reason, “I knew I could count on you na khrab. I’ll get my things. Tell P’Mark that I am thankful na khrab and ready to accept his scolding.” This guy—really.

 

I chuckled and nod my head while helping him pack some of his things.

 


 

Going out of the house is like a mission impossible movie scene.

 

I have a big backpack with me which I didn’t have when I entered the house so technically the Pars are eyeing me and whispering by themselves.

 

I have a very good face muscle control so I can hide my nervousness somehow.

 

I walk calmly and arrogantly—like how I usually do and walk pass the main staircase but when I reach the bottom, at least two bodyguards greeted me. We actually expect this already.


“Khun Chai, sawadee khrab!” they both wai at me and I wai back arrogantly, “Wadee! Do you need something?” I ask in my not so nice tone.

 

People here knows me well and I don’t get along well with strangers—so whenever I go to Ai’White’s house I only try to be polite to his parents.

 

The bodyguards look at each other before one of them say, “Khun—may I know what’s in the bag?” without hesitation. Good thing I am smart?

 

“Just books that Ai’White borrows from me and some printed out notes.” I open my bag bravely because one thing I’ve learned, if you want to hide something, you need to expose yourself bravely so that people will not point their accusing finger at you.

 

The bag is full of books and handprints when I opened it, “I hate it when people interrogate me. Do I look like a beggar?” I asked them while they are trying to check the content from one book to another.

 

“We are sorry Khun Chai. This is a protocol by the master of the house. Please be careful on your way home.” They both bow down at me while I am zipping the bag.

 

I groan with irritation, “If this thing happens again, I’ll tell this to the master of the house!” I said angrily before marching out of the house.

 

I pulled out my car key and press it to open the car door.

 

See, acting arrogantly really suits me well.

 

I throw the bag on the passenger seat and glared at the bodyguards one last time before closing my car door and drive out of the house.

 

When I am out of the main gate, I sigh deeply and heavily. “ you Ai’White!” I mumbled and proceed to where I left P’Mark.

It wasn’t hard to find P’Mark’s car because he is driving a flashy one just like mine. I pulled out beside his car and went out. P’Mark is leaning on his car hood, “P’!” I called him and he just nods.

 

Ai’Gun is really the exemption for P’s good attitude. In front of everyone, he is distant and unapproachable.
 

Luckily, P’Mark loves Ai’Gun so much. I cannot imagine how we will all try to solve this problem by ourselves. Even Ai’Title doesn’t have any idea what to do with the situation. P’Hyuk was trying to help with all the engineering boys but the biggest contribution is from P’Mark. To think that his graduation will be in 2 days—he is still trying his best for those brothers—or rather for Ai’Gun.

 

“Will he come out?” he asked me. Did I say before how much I hate it when P’ stared at me? He is very intimidating.

 

I nod my head, “Yup he will. I told him to come out in few minutes. Let people in the house see him na khrab.” I answered and also lean on my car hood and put both of my hands on my pocket.

 

Again, P’ nods his head, “Good.” Only that response, “What did you bring out na Ai’?” he followed up.

 

I sigh, “Credit cards, debit card, passbooks, passport na khrab, important documents na P’—laptop too. I told him not to bring clothes, we can buy it or let him borrow some from us na khrab,” that was why it’s easy to hide his things inside the bag full of books and print outs.

 

P’ cut the stares, “Good! We will go first to the bank na khrab. Tell him to withdraw as much as he can because soon his parents will freeze all of his accounts.” He has a point.

“Hum!”

 

“Also, he will stay in my apartment,” that I frown.

 

P’Mark and Ai’White aren’t so close to each other though I know that Ai’White really likes hanging out with P’Mark but I doubt P’Mark likes it too.

“P’, he can stay with me,” I said.

 

But P’ disagrees right away, “You told me na khrab that you don’t want conflict between your families. If Ai’White went missing, the first place they will search na khrab is your condo and house. Now, if they find Ai’White with you, you will create a big mess between two families na khrab. He also cannot stay at Ai’Cap’s place because his parents will surely come looking for him in their house and I don’t want Gun to get stress over a small matter na khrab. While in my case, his parent doesn’t know me much na khrab. We don’t have many pictures together—always with you guys so his parents will not think that I am hiding Ai’White.” P’ looks at me once more but now he is squinting his eyes on me, “What I want you to do na khrab is to stay in your condo after this. Make sure that you are there so when his parents call, you can prove your point that you just visited Ai’White and didn’t do anything after!” I gulp. Why is he so intimidating right now?

 

Listening to him, he really makes sense and he knows what he is talking about.

 

I sigh deeply, “Okay khrab, I will follow your instructions na P’,” I said finally. Regardless if I have a good or bad relationship with my parents, I don’t want a politician vs business tycoon issue to happen. There’s no way I will do that.

 


 

I went ahead. P’Mark told me to go back home right away and don’t wait for Ai’White because in any moment, the bodyguards will report him missing and his parents will call me. I need to stay in my condo.

 

At least I thought I would be alone but when I arrived, I saw Plan sitting on the ground outside my door. He looks tired. “Baby~” I called him and when he looks at me, I feel like all the tension is gone.

 

His lips immediate crack a smile, “Mean na khrab, where have you been?” he asked while standing up and brushing some imaginary dust on his pants.

 

I smile right away and reach out to hug him, “Hum—did you wait long na khrab?” I inhale the scent of his hair which smells like mint and smoke. He probably commutes going here.

 

He shakes his head while he let me hug him longer, “Just 5 minutes na khrab. I knocked on your door many times na Mean but no one is answering then I thought I should just get in na khrab but I forgot the key in my other bag so I just wait for you.” He explained.

 

I chuckled by the too detailed explanation before pulling out from the hug but make sure to interlock our hands, “I’ll change the door lock into an electronic lock na khrab and put our anniversary date as the password na Plan. So that next time, even if you forget your keys—you can still enter my room.” I said while opening the door.

 

He just giggles but didn’t say anything.

 

I put the key on the bowl near the door and Plan is already running inside leaving me at the door way.

 

I was ready to go back to my boyfriend when my phone inside my pocket started ringing. I pulled it out and saw Ai’White’s Mae’s name on screen. Of course, P’Mark’s prediction is right.

 

I shook my head before putting the phone on my ear and walking inside. “Sawadee khrab Mae~” I said sweetly and politely.

 

[In Thailand, it’s normal to call your close friends parents as Mae and Pa]

 

“Sawadee kah sweetie—ahm—the guards na kah told me that you went in the house today?” her voice is so sweet.

 

I join Plan on the bed. He is lying on his stomach while looking at his smart phone and I sit beside him and rest my free hand on his back, “Khrab Mae, I got worried na khrab because Ai’White hasn’t been in university for few days. I left some notes na khrab and get some of my books na Mae,” I said still on my polite tone.

 

Plan glances at me and I smile at him, “Oh, you should have stayed in our house na kah for dinner na Ai’Mean~” she said and I don’t know but I feel uneasy on how the conversation is getting longer. Are they trying to catch me by my answers or are they trying to track me?

 

I chuckled, “Woie Mae I would love to eat at your house na khrab but my lover na khrab visited my condo na khrab so we will just grab dinner together~” I said trying not to sound tense. And why would I be tense? I am really with my boyfriend right now.

 

“Awww—I see na kah. Well, take care na dear. Sorry for making you go here in our house and bringing notes for White—ahm—did he contact you after?” See, she’s really fishing out answers from me.

 

I shook my head, “No Mae, he told me na khrab that you confiscated his phone. I just went there today because the professor na khrab was asking about Ai’White—ahm—is there something wrong na Mae?” this time I asked her.

 

I lay beside Ai’Plan now and hug his waist while my chin is near his neck, “Ahm—no no—not at all dear. Anyway, thank you for being concern na kah. Tell your parents that we will pay a visit na kah soon as thanks for supporting us with my husband’s case~” very political answer.

 

I chuckled, “Sure Mae. I’ll inform my parents—” I sniff, “Ahm—Mae—my lover is waiting for me na khrab, I am sorry I cannot talk longer. We will eat dinner first~” I said because I don’t want to talk anymore with Ai’White’s mom.

 

“Sure sure, sorry for interrupting you dear. Have a good night~” she said finally before we bid goodbye with each other.

 

I groan as soon as the call ended, “Why na kharb Mean?” Plan asked me but I buried my face on his neck.

 

“I just hate it na khrab, when I need to cover up for Ai’White. This is his problem but I always need to help him out,” I answered honestly while making my hug tighter on Plan. I need energy from him.

 

I feel his chest rising, “Mean is doing a good job na khrab. Plan is so proud of you for being a good friend to Ai’White but please tell him to show up or Ai’Gun will really go to his house. You know—Ai’Gun isn’t happy that we cannot see him these days na khrab—and I will side Ai’Gun if he gets mad because I also don’t understand why Ai’White isn’t in university after the news about him and Ai’Cap happened. I don’t care if he is your friend na Mean—but I will punch him if he will not show up soon!” and he is being honest to me. I know that his friendship with Ai’Gun is this deep.

 

I chuckled, “Of course, don’t worry na Plan—I’ll tell him!” I said while smiling.

 

Relationship is about honestly. Right now, Plan and I are being honest with each other.

 


 

How will I start the author’s note?

Last Sunday was TEMPT in Manila and I was there—can you imagine how much I screamed for Gun?? OMG HE IS SO PERFECT. I took a lot of their pictures and I will share it to some chapter hahahahaha.

 

I was able to talk to Gun, told him how much I stan him and I will support him with all of his project and since he was thankful he was ready to give a hug but the stuff scolded him—it was very funny because we don’t know what to do next. So while taking our pictures, I stand beside him and did some poses but I asked him if we got enough pictures because I’ve been smiling for a long time and he told me, “I also don’t know what’s happening~” he is perfect.

About the other members—they are all polite, they keep on wai-ing which makes me nervous sometimes so I wai back at them most of the time hahahahaha.

 

But hope you will enjoy my update today. Comment as much as you can lol and tell me what you can say with this chapter. Love you all~