115: It's a Deal!

Calm Down Tiger

 

Mark’s POV

 

P’Hyuk: Do you have time na khrab tomorrow around 5:00pm?

 

Ai’Mark: I have na P’. Do you want to meet Gun na khrab?

 

P’Hyuk: No! Don’t bring Ai’Gun. Just you na Ai’. I need to talk to you. I’ll send the place na khrab and you can take a taxi to go there. You don’t have to tell Ai’Gun.

 

Ai’Mark: Alright P’.

 

If I say that I didn’t get nervous while replying to P’Hyuk’s messages last night—I’ll be lying. Damn, I thought my heart will fall out of my chest when he told me not to bring Gun and not tell him.

 

What’s harder than meeting P’Hyuk alone is telling white lies to Gun just now before going out.

 

I can remember our exchange of conversation.

 


 

Flashback

 

“Why can’t I come na khrab Mark?” He asked me for the nth time.

 

When I received P’Hyuk’s messages last night, I quickly told Gun this morning that I’ll be going out today without him and he has been bothering me since then.

 

I know, I promised him not to lie anymore—but—“Gun, P’ told you na khrab that P’ will meet with Ai’Cherreen right? Ai’ wants to give something to my Mae na khrab~” it’s true that I will meet my cousin but that will be after I meet up with P’Hyuk because Ai’ has a late night class today. So technically—I wasn’t lying to Gun—I just didn’t tell him about his P’.

 

My boyfriend pouts while sitting on the edge of my bed. He followed me everywhere today, asking me about this and that. My supposed to be roommate Ai’Mean told me not to do anything while we are inside the bedroom. I haven’t event kissed Gun—and now he is imagining our non-existing life. What a bastard. Just because he did it with Ai’Plan almost—every time he can, doesn’t mean we will be like them. couple.

 

But I must admit, having Gun with me right now—in an enclose room—isn’t helpful at all but I am a gentleman; I will not do anything—hopefully.

 

“But I don’t hate Nong Cherreen anymore na Mark. I didn’t mean to shout at her last time na woie and I didn’t mean to get jealous of her na woie! You didn’t tell me right away so I got the wrong idea na Mark. Bring me with you na khrab—na na na?”

 

‘Hold it Mark! You need to be firm! Don’t look at those puppy eyes na khrab!’

 

I sigh deeply trying to tell my brain not to give in, “It’s not about that Gun~” I look at him and stop my action of combing my hair. It’s half past 3 already so I am fixing myself inside the room and Gun is just there—just watching me and complaining. I walk near him and sit on the other bed which is Ai’Mean’s and opposite to my alluring boyfriend.

 

I pull both of his hands and put it on my lap, “Ai’Cherreen loves you na khrab because she hasn’t seen me so—in love before. It’s just that—I don’t want you to get tired na khrab because I might go back a bit late na Gun. Also, you don’t want your P’ to think that I am being a bad influence to you na khrab—right?” I am sorry Gun. I want to be with you but your P’—

 

He sighs too and eventually interlaces our fingers together, “But—we haven’t really been spending time together na khrab Mark. My brothers and our friends are always with us na khrab—and you are Gun’s boyfriend na khrab. Gun wants to experience having date and going out with his boyfriend na Mark. Then on the last day here in Korea—you are going out without me na khrab~”

 

‘GODDAMN IT! SELF CONTROL!!!’

 

I didn’t know that going out alone will be this hard, “We can—” I need to think hard, “Have our dates in Thailand na Gun. P’ will make it special na khrab~” I told him and I really promise to make it extra special and memorable for him.

 

I thought it will be enough and I will not die of my baby’s too much cuteness but to make it all worst, Gun leans his body towards mine and put his chin on the crook of the left side of my neck with only our hands separating our body and the gap of the beds that we are sitting on.

 

“Come back quickly na Mark. I know that P’ will be busy na khrab once we go back in Thailand because of graduation na khrab~” he mumbles dangerously close to my ears and I don’t know how coherent I am thinking right now but one thing is for sure. Gun Napat will be the death of me for sure.

 

Back to Reality

 


 

It wasn’t hard looking for P’Hyuk. He stands out anyway with his hair color and somehow, even though we all look Asian, P’ has this distinct feature because he’s Thai.

 

P’Donghae’s family business is really popular among young people. There are so many students here right now and even the VIP room which is on the second floor looks pack. P’Hyuk is at the furthest corner of the second floor. He raised his hand and gesture me to come to where he is.

 

I quickly wai while walking towards him, “Sawadee khrab P’~” I said before sitting opposite to him. Between us is the table and the menu board, “Did you eat already na Ai’Mark?” he asked me while looking at the menu. I shook my head, “Not yet na P’. It was hard for me to go out because Gun keeps on insisting of coming with me na khrab,” I said honestly.

 

P’ raised his head, “Ai’Gun? What did you even tell him?” his voice isn’t the same when he is talking to Gun. He is probably trying to intimidate me and even me—the most intimidating person in our university is feeling a bit intimidated towards P’Hyuk. The power of the previous head hazer.

 

“Ahm—actually na khrab P’, I told Gun that I will meet my cousin na khrab—” “Did you just lie to my brother?” his voice raised a bit and I am already on my defense mode with both of my hands in front of me trying to shield myself in case P’ will try to hit me.

 

But before P’ can even touch me, a loud slap on his arm can be heard, “Hum! What did I tell about your temper Hyukkie?” the savior or the day came in with a tray on his other hand. P’Hyuk hissed in pain but didn’t say anything so P’Donghae looks at me with a bright smile, “Here Mark, you can have this~” and P’ put down a watermelon smoothie and a slice of cake on the table.

 

P’ sits beside P’Hyuk but I feel like I should explain myself, “Thank you na khrab P’~” I said to P’Dongahe before moving to P’Hyuk, “It’s true na P’ that I will meet with my cousin Ai’Cherreen later na khrab near Ewha na khrab but I just didn’t tell him that I will also meet P’Hyuk,” I explained. I didn’t even speak in English because I know that somehow P’Donghae can understand a bit of Thai.

 

“Ahh—so that was why Gun messaged me!” P’Donghae exclaimed making P’Hyuk and I to look at him.

 

“Messaged you?” P’Hyuk asked before I can even ask.

 

P’Donghae nods, “The other day Hyukkie. Gun asked me like why there are boys studying in Ewha but the university is called woman’s university.”

 

I can’t help but snort and chuckled, “Typical Gun,” I mumbled imagining my boyfriend with his puffing cheeks while trying to type the message to P’Donghae.

 

“But why did he ask you and not me? This is so unfair!” of course, the stage brother within P’Hyuk is kicking in.

 

P’Donghae laughs his heart out, “I don’t know~” he said.

 

The laughter just die down when P’Hyuk started the interrogation—I mean this sudden meeting between us. P’Donghae is just sitting quietly and not trying to interfere. P’Donghae is like the epitome of a perfect wife—definitely perfect for P’Hyuk’s wild personality. He is like the perfection to make P’ calm down—just like my Gun to me.

 

P’Hyuk put down his smart phone on the table with the latest headline in Thailand.

 

‘Thailand Prime Minister Plead Not Guilty With the Perjury Accusation’

 

And on that headline is an attached photo of the Prime Minister with his wife and their only son—Ai’White.

 

“You don’t look shocked at all na Ai’!” P’Hyuk pointed out when I only started at the phone and then sits properly again, “I don’t pry on my boyfriend’s brother’s family background na khrab P’. As far as I am concern, Ai’White and Ai’Cap should be the one dealing with this,” I said honestly. Of course I know about Ai’White’s family. I also know about the perjury incident since Ai’White entrusted Ai’Cap to me before he went back to Thailand.

 

P’Hyuk looks serious. I know how much he loves his brother so I can’t blame him, “Then—why didn’t you tell me about this?” P’ asked me.

 

Again I sigh, “As I said P’ na khrab, this isn’t about me na khrab. I can only help if Ai’White asks for help—but so far—the only help Ai’White asked me is to look after Ai’Captain.” I didn’t mean to sound rude but getting involve into something that isn’t about me or not even about Gun is like getting involve into a war that isn’t about my country.

 

“How confident are you Ai’Mark that you won’t hurt my Ai’Gun na khrab?” P’Hyuk asked me a different question this time.

 

I shook my head, “I am not confident na P’~”

 

He hit his hand on the table loudly making other people in the second floor to look at our direction but P’Donghae is still calm—sipping his watermelon smoothie while holding P’Hyuk’s arm, “Bastard!” he hissed but again I shook my head.

 

“P’! If I say that I won’t hurt Gun na khrab—you won’t believe me too and I am trying to be realistic na P’. I might hurt Gun in the future na khrab unintentionally. I might make him cry na khrab but in every tears and every pain he will get because of me—I will make him thousand more happy na khrab. I don’t like making empty promises na P’ na khrab and then you will only get mad at me na P’ when I didn’t fulfill my promise. Besides na P’—relationship isn’t only about me. If you want me to pledge my devotion to Gun—we need my boyfriend here right now na P’.”

 

I was ready for a kick or a punch for being blunt but all I get is a chuckled from P’Hyuk, “See—I told you that Mark is really interesting~” P’Donghae commented.

 

P’Hyuk is still chuckling, “Well—you have a point—na Ai’,” P’ said and I think me being so blunt isn’t bad at all.

 

I sigh deeply—the first wave is over but I know this isn’t the end.

 

“I’ll go straight to the point na khrab Ai’Mark.” He announced and the laughter stopped again, “I am very concern na khrab about Ai’Cap and his future especially once you guys are back na khrab in Thailand. Ai’White is indeed the prime minister’s only son and my brother is just a commoner no matter what we do. I don’t think this will be easy na khrab,” I get it where P’Hyuk is coming—but—“Isn’t it too early na khrab P’ to think about it? Ai’White sounds so chill about the situation and isn’t even telling me that he is worried na khrab about his relationship with Ai’Cap,” I said my honest opinion.

 

But even if I said that, P’ still looks serious, “I know—I know that I am over thinking na khrab but they say that prevention is better than cure. I just—want an assurance na khrab that if—something really happen na Ai’—I have those people who will be willing to be with my brothers,” I don’t know the feeling of getting worried over something because my older brother isn’t someone that I should get worried. He isn’t someone who worries about me too.

 

I sigh again and put both of my hands on the table, “Then—you have my words na khrab P’. I will—do my best na khrab to protect Ai’Cap!”

 

“Not only Ai’Cap, Ai’Mark—” P’ said still worried, “Also Ai’Gun,” hearing my boyfriend’s name in this serious conversation makes me a bit nervous now.

 

“Why even Gun na khrab P’?” I asked this time with serious voice.

 

P’Donghae smiles but his smile looks sad, “If—for example Mark that the relationship between Captain and White will be expose to the public—Hyukkie is worried for the backlash and the harsh opinion of people. What’s more serious is the fact that Hyukkie, Gun, and Captain are all in a serious relationship with guys. This is a disadvantage for Gun and Captain who are both in Thailand. Gun will get hurt too in the process of either protecting his brother or getting hurt by people’s opinion.” The moment P’Donghae explained the bigger picture; I can’t help but feel worried. He is right, we don’t know yet if Ai’White’s parents will like Ai’Cap—but the people won’t be accepting.

 

They have different opinions about homouality and even though Thailand is a very open country about transgender and gay stuff—a higher rank’s son in the government would be the center of attention once the relationship is out.

 

“What can I do na khrab P’Hyuk?” now this is business. I can’t let someone hurt my Gun.

 

I am so selfish thinking about my boyfriend but I will also protect Ai’Cap but my first priority will always be Gun, “Answer me first Ai’Mark—should I be worried about your parents too?” P’Hyuk’s sudden question makes me frown.

 

My parents?

 

“I am not the first born na P’Hyuk. My older brother is the successor and I have my own fair share from our family business na khrab. I don’t even ask help for my university tuition fee na P’Hyuk. I can stand up on my own and have enough money to take good care of Gun na khrab. If perhaps I need my parents help, then all I need to do is to bring Gun at home—introduced him as my boyfriend—then everything will be settle. P’Mawin will be responsible of my family’s upbringing na khrab and not me so I am off the hook na P’~” I answered honestly. I am not a bit sad that P’Mawin has all the rights rather than me because P’ really likes our business. I also have my own business. I have shares on our family business. And lastly, I don’t need to meet my family’s expectation.

 

P’Hyuk nods his head. I might have a very good family background but I don’t use that background at all. If it’s something that I can do—then I don’t need Mae, Pa, and even P’s help.

 

“I am just making sure na khrab that Ai’Gun will not experience the future that Ai’Cap will experience.” I love how concern P’Hyuk is about his brothers, “Now—if what I am worried about happen, then do your best to protect them. I don’t care what kind of protection you will give but protect them. That’s all I’ve asked for—in return—” P’ sighs, “I’ll slowly give you my blessings na khrab as Ai’Gun’s boyfriend,” some people might think that this part isn’t important but I know Gun. He was so chill about the whole confrontation but I know how big impact P’Hyuk’s opinion will be in our relationship.

 

Who wouldn’t want to have a good relationship with his lover’s family—right?

 

I raised my hand and put it in front of P’ waiting for him to shake it, “It’s a deal then P’~” I said confidently.

 

P’ grabs my hand and shakes it, “Deal!”

 


 

I will update Metamorphosis after this because damn it! UMWA dropped the trailer last night and my friends were like, “We were so confused about UMWA and METHA hahahahhha” so I will make them more confused lol~