21: Why did I Matter?

Calm Down Tiger

 

Gun’s POV

 

I told Ai’Cap that I will go back home early today because I was not in the mood to practice today. I also told him that I can give him a ride since I know that he has a late night class but good thing he said no because I didn’t really expect this person sitting in front of me in the café inside the campus to be really here and sit in front of me.

 

Ai’Plan told me that he will go back home early today because his mom needs to go out this evening and no one will be in their house so I got shocked when I saw Ai’Mean in front of our building leaning on his expensive car and waiting for me. So here I am not, sipping my Frappuccino while Ai’Mean has this sharp look on me.

 

“Woie—Ai’ can you stop that?” finally I snapped. I don’t really feel comfortable when someone is looking like at me while I am eating or drinking or doing something. Ai’ sigh before shaking his head, “I don’t really get it—” “Get what? You are really confusing na Ai’. I should call Ai’Plan na woie to get you out of here.” Ai’Plan and him have been dating for almost 6 month or more than that—I am not sure, but I haven’t had a single decent conversation with Ai’Mean.

 

I gave him a chance better to get closer to me since Ai’Plan normally hang out with me but he messed up so when Ai’Plan said that they are good again—I decided to ignore him or ignore what he did before for the sake of Ai’Plan, too. I know how much he loves Ai’Mean and if my opinion matters to Ai’Plan, I might ruin their relationship by now.

“Look Ai’Gun, I keep on telling you that it doesn’t really matter if you like me or not na khrab but I know that this is important to Plan. He constantly tells me that I need to be in a good talking matter or have a good relationship with you because you are special to him khrab. I know I shouldn’t be the one complaining especially to what happened before and I know Ai’ that you are still mad about that issue but Ai’Gun, I changed already. I think I’ve proven myself to you already and Plan is very happy with me—” I suddenly have this urge to cut him—and so I did, “Woie Ai’, Ai’Plan and I were talking about this issue this afternoon and I promised him that I will give you a chance again na Ai’. I don’t even know why did I matter in your relationship na with Ai’Plan. Woie—I am not even in a relationship with you or with Ai’Plan!” then I complained in the end.

 

It’s true that Ai’Plan and I have been friends for a long time but why did I matter? Ai’Mean sighs, “Ai’Gun, I am not sure na khrab if you can see yourself clearly or you are just plain dumb!” I frown because that was not a compliment, “But Ai’, my boyfriend—Plan is just oblivious most of the time and he cannot understand some of my words but that’s what I love about him—nope—I love everything about him na khrab that’s why I am here in front of you and talking to you because you are important to him, Ai’. At first, I also don’t understand why Plan values you so much especially when we were just starting but after that incident—after Ai’Cap punched me in the face—and after Plan explained to me that you were the one that encouraged him to open his heart to me—that was when I realized that you matter. You’re opinion has so much impact in my relationship with Plan.” I still have this confused look on my face for sure.

 

Ai’Mean grabs the cup of Frappuccino that I am drinking and set it aside, “I’ve been in love with Plan since I entered the university na khrab. You are aware of my personality and my attitude Ai’Gun and I know you won’t believe me when I say that Plan can be bigger than my ego and pride. When I entered the university, I saw him with you—you were practicing your bass and Plan was just sleeping peacefully beside you na Ai’. I was thinking,Damn! How can that guy sleep while his friend is making a lot of noises?’ but he was sleeping like a log. I can’t help but shake my head but still decided to eat my lunch in your college cafeteria.” This is the first time that I’ve wanted to listen to Ai’Mean.

 

“I don’t understand na Ai’. When I asked Ai’Plan tha woie—he said you suddenly came up to him one day and confessed na khrab and Ai’Plan run away from you na Ai’ because he got scared.” That’s the story that Ai’Plan told him when I asked him how did Ai’Scary looking confessed to him.

 

Suddenly, Ai’Mean smiles at me, “Of course—because I never told Plan na khrab about this story—meaning Ai’Gun—I entrusted this story to you na khrab.” Suddenly, I feel a heavy burden on my shoulder of controlling myself not to tell this to Ai’Plan. “Plan accepted me—the whole me na Ai’ without holding back. Without looking at my family background. Without judging how I interact with people. Plan just simply loves me just like on how much I love him. It doesn’t really matter how many times I commit mistakes or how many times I get mad at him because Plan is simple. He loves me and as long as he loves me—he will be with me.” Is it possible for me to admire this person sitting in front of me right now? I can see a different light with Ai’Mean so suddenly.

 

“Then—if Ai’Plan loves you that much—why do I need to be involved na Ai’?” I asked him to get to the point. Ai’Mean is still smiling at me and I am starting to get used to it rather than when he is frowning with me, “Because—Ai’Gun, you gave Plan the courage to love me and that reason is enough for me to value your opinion in our relationship. Plan loves me—but he loves you too as his friend. I wasn’t even got jealous of you Ai’Gun because I know the difference of love Plan for both of us—but I don’t want you to be the reason of our misunderstanding or even break up. You matter because you are you Ai’Gun. You matter because of Plan. You matter because even though it’s hard for me to admit—but I do look up on you. You are very passionate with your music. You love Ai’Cap and your P’Hyuk so much. You love your friends that you wanted to get revenge from me for the mistake I did. You are a good person Ai’Gun and I saw the goodness in you—” Ai’Mean suddenly stopped.

 

He stands up and bow his head, “Khor thot khrab na Ai’Gun. I know this is the lamest apology and very late apology but I really regret what I did. I regret what I did to Plan. I regret not explaining my side to you. I regret everything na Ai’ so I hope you can really forgive me—completely.” Maybe what he did before was wrong and maybe if I will go back to the past I would still want to kill him—but, “All you really need to do is apologies sincerely na Ai’. I don’t want to hold grudges with you too na woie because Ai’Plan keeps on telling me khrab how perfect you are that I am starting to get feed up by him na Ai’. But—in the future Ai’Mean, if you hurt Ai’Plan again—you will not see Ai’Cap in your classroom because I will do what I wasn’t able to do last time and I will make sure na khrab that you won’t be able to see Ai’Plan anymore.” I am serious—I am 100% serious this time.

 

Ai’Mean raised his head, “I understand na Ai’Gun. Thank you~” and I think that’s enough for me.

 

‘Ai’Plan you lucky bastard! Your boyfriend is here right now begging for forgiveness and me your awesome best friend is protecting you! You need to help me one day na khrab when I needed your help.’

 

After that, Ai’Mean and I exchange Line ID and we continue chatting randomly while drinking at the café. I also a little with the vacation that Ai’Plan told me this afternoon, “He really cannot keep things to himself.” Ai’Mean complained because my Ai’Friend shouldn’t tell the vacation to anymore but he told me about it regardless.

 

I laugh, “you’ve been dating him na woie for 6 months—you should get used to it na Ai’.” And Ai’Mean laughs too, “Well—you’re right na Ai’.” And maybe this is the most peaceful talk I have with Ai’Mean and also the most laid back.

 

We still talk about random stuff when suddenly, Ai’Mean opened up a topic that I don’t really want to talk about today, “You know Ai’Gun—I came across P’Mark today before I’ve met you in your college.” He looks at me for a while before continuing, “P’Mark can be so irritating, right Ai’?” I nod without saying anything, “So I thought he will beg to come with me when I say that I will pay you a visit but he just looked at me with his cold eyes and said, ‘Ah? Really? Okay then.’ I tried to ignore the conversation, “It was so weird na Ai’ so I stopped him and asked if something’s wrong na khrab but he said he decided to stop bothering you na Ai’ so I said I understand and then decided to go to your building.” This time, I can’t help but sigh.

 

“I talked to him na khrab. I said that I don’t like him—I am not in love with him—he shouldn’t be with me na Ai’. I am straight na khrab and I don’t want him to keep on following me. Surprisingly, he is true with him words.” It’s amazing how P’Mark lives up with his words.

 

When I look at Ai’Mean, he looks bothered. “You know Ai’Gun, I don’t want to interfere with your relationship na khrab but Plan keeps on telling me about your situation na Ai’. You might hear a lot of bad stuff about P’Mark na Ai’ but that’s the opposite. Yes, P’Mark is crazy proud about what he has and he will play mind game with you na Ai’ but when he confessed to you after the soccer game. I was there because I played soccer with him, he was so nervous na Ai. I had this once in a blue moon conversation with him after he dropped the mic and he told me that he thought his heart would stop beating na Ai’ when he saw you run from the stadium.” I shake my head, “Still Ai’, he shouldn’t force me into something that I don’t want to do,” I defended myself.

 

Ai’ looks worried now, “P’Mark was—hurt by his last relationship. I am close with P’August—his classmate. P’ once told me that P’Mark was so hurt that he decided to shut himself to people around him. His ex was his high school classmate na Ai’ but they broke up before the start of university. That time, P’Mark was so different. Not sociable and very bad at people. That was when rumors about him started to spread but P’ ignored all of them. I am not sure what was the reason of their break up and the only reason why I asked P’August about him was because Plan wanted to make sure that the person courting his best friend is a good person na khrab.” I smile knowing that it’s not only me to try to investigate about Ai’Mean before for Ai’Plan but also Ai’Plan did it for me.

 

“Regardless of the Ai’Gun, I can assure you that P’Mark is a good person—but I am not sure na khrab if he moved on already. Well maybe—besides it has been 4 years already na khrab, but if P’ is still in love with his ex—then I think using you na khrab is not good. Besides, they say that competing with the past is like a losing battle. You already lost before the battle even started.” And Ai’Mean decided to shut up right after he told me that.

 

‘Arghhh Ai’Bastard how can you left those words to me—now I need to think hard na woie if P’Mark really used me before na khrab or not na woie!!!’

 


 

I went back home after my unusual conversation with Ai’Mean. He told me that he will send me home but I told him that I have my motorbike with me so he just told me to take care. Suddenly, Ai’Mean and I became a bit closer to each other and I can’t wait to tell it to Ai’Plan tomorrow.

 

Bad news, Ai’Cap was already in our room when I arrived but good news he didn’t ask me why I just arrived. He has this crazy smile on his lips while looking at his phone, “Woie—Ai’Cap, are you okay?” I can’t help but asked me but my Ai’Crazy brother smiles at me and even hug me, “P’Gun—I am so happy na khrab~”

 

‘I can see that Ai’—I can totally see that!’

 

I let him hug me, “Why na khrab?” I asked him while hugging him in return, though I still think that hugging is weird. Ai’Cap suddenly hug me tighter, “P’Gun—you will be the first person who will know this na khrab because Ai’Cap loves you so much~” something is wrong. I knew it!

 

Ai’Cap doesn’t usually act like this—what? Cute brother? Not unless something really good happen to him. “O—kay na khrab~” I said and suddenly I heard Ai’Cap’s giggles, “P’ khrab—” “hum?” “Ai’Cap decided to—date P’White~” and suddenly I push him hard making him detach from me and shouted, “WHAT?” following a loud knock from the door, “Ai’Cap—Ai’Gun—did something happen?” and a concern voice of our P’Hyuk but still Ai’Cap has this smile on his face, “We are just playing na khrab P’Hyuk~” and he was able to answer P’Hyuk.

 

‘Woie!!! How crazy can this day be?’

 


 

I am back people!! Vacation is over!!