10: P' and Nong are in Different League

Calm Down Tiger

 

White’s POV

 

It’s been a month since I started courting Ai’Cap—do we call it courting? But I don’t know if he also likes me. He told me about his class schedule. We messaged each other every day and I usually pick him up for lunch—but he hasn’t told me if he likes me too or not.

 

Another problem, his brother is back in Thailand. Before, I thought that he was being paranoid when he told me that his brother is not an easy person but now that we both are in this situation, I realized how scary—or how scared he is with his brother.

 

“Ai’Mean you idiot—why aren’t you answering your phone?” I mumbled while walking out of the classroom. I am so bored because Ai’Mean and Ai’Cap are both absent today. Ai’Cap just told last night not to find him today and Ai’Mean told me yesterday that Ai’Plan invited him to a birthday party.

 

“Maybe I can go to Siam and eat lunch there.” I told myself while continue walking out of the building when someone blocked by path. Instantly, I look up, “Ai’—we need to talk.” I can’t help but feel nervous. The last time this P’ and I talked—I stopped seeing Ai’Cap for a week.

 

I was about to say no but he was so quick, “About Nong Cap and Ai’Gun.”

 

I nod and we both walk side by side while people are looking at us. Why are they looking? Most of the students here in IC are rich because as people know the tuition fee is so much higher in this college—but in school parking lot, there are only 3 sports cars. One is Ai’Mean’s metallic gray 2019 BMW Z4. My matte black 2019 Marcedes-Benz GT and P’Mark’s metallic blue 2019 Audi R8 Spyder.

 

“Are we going out of school, P’?” I can’t help but ask because P’ is already opening his car. “Chai, we will go out. Hurry up!” this P’ has really good manners to elders but very bossy to students here in our university. I wonder why?

 

I grab my car key in my back pocket and open my car, “I’ll follow you P’.” I said before opening the driver seat of my car.

 


 

“One Oprah Cinnamon Chai and—” P’Mark looks at me quickly before looking back at the cashier, S’mores, khrab,” I can’t help but shake my head because this P’ is really weird. He gives his credit card to the cashier and we both find a seat while waiting for our drinks.

 

He sits opposite to me, “Well—P’, what do you want to talk about?” I asked him right away. I am not close to any seniors in IC but I heard a lot of things about P’Mark.

 

He is on top of his class. Smart guy and very rich—but no one knows about his family background. He got a recommendation later from our college dean because of his excellent thesis during his third year. A side from that, he is really good at soccer and P’ is very handsome. But, even though he has so many good qualities, people still say something bad about him. For instance, he is a very manipulative and intimidating person.

 


 

Flashback

 

“Why P’?” I asked him straight to the point. I was about to go to my next class when this P’ blocked my way and dragged me here in the parking lot. Nobody is here because classes are probably ongoing now. I don’t want to miss a class but I am not sure how to tell this P’ that I want to go now.

 

He scanned me first from head to toe, “No wonder,” he said before those sharp piercing eyes look straight into my eyes, “I will give you my thesis material from last year and write a recommendation later for you so that you will be able to have internship at Berli Jucker PCL. or CP All PCL. ” if my eyes can fall off its socket, it probably did by now. “Woie—really P’?” This once in a life time opportunity it won’t happen twice. The companies that P’ stated are the companies that I really want. Even Mae and Pa cannot help me get into one of those companies. They don’t like to interfere with my studies.

 

He smirks and nod his head, “Chai—chai—but—” he stops and move a bit closer to me. I am a few inch taller than him but he has this overwhelming aura, “You need to—stop bothering Captain.” Instantly, my smile disappears and my face turns stiff, “Ai’Cap—from College of Music na khrab, P’?” I need to make sure. This P’ in front of me dropped the honorifics to Ai’Cap and now I am not sure how they are related.

 

Again he nods his head, “Chai—Cap from College of Music.” I don’t like the way he calls Ai’Cap. It’s very—intimate. Even best friends don’t usually call each other by name. “Why—should I P’?” again I asked him but this time my voice changed.

 

I am a very serious person and Ai’Cap is my business right now, “Before asking me why, aren’t you curious how I know you and Cap?” he leans his body to one of the cars here in the parking lot and he looks so confident. All I can do is gulp, “How? Better yet, P’ who are you?”

 

I am scared, and for the first I felt this way. I don’t like it, “I am the person that can give you a free access to whichever company you want to have your internship. Name it—and I will give you—but in one condition, Nong. I want you to stay away from Cap, khrab?” Why is he so pushy?

 

“No—I can work hard to get an internship and I can make my own research for my thesis. Thank you for you offer P’ but Ai’Cap—is more important than those companies that you can name.” I wai at him ready to go, “Chuay-duia Nong—” he stopped me again.

 

[chuay-duia – wait in Thai]

 

This is what I hate about myself, I am very polite. So I turn around again and face him, “P’, seriously, I love Ai’Cap—I will not stop seeing him.” “Did you also ask him if he loves you back? Didn’t you think about how he feels?” My fist clench as I know he is right. P’ has a point, what if Ai’Cap didn’t like me back?

 

“I value his feelings P’, I won’t force him if he doesn’t want to be my boyfriend.” My teeth are grinding as well because I am trying to control myself. P’ moves away from the car and his annoying smirk is back on his face, “Good—then leave him alone. Cap is—not even an inch interested at you.” He sounds so sure and I almost believe him. My heart is pounding so loudly.

 

“You said that you value his feelings right?” he asked me and all I can do is nod. “You should be happy because I am not even mad at you—instead I am offering you an alternative so that you will realize our difference.” He is standing so proud and tall—taller than how my parents presented themselves to people.

 

I hate that confidence, “What—difference, P’?” I found my voice back but that’s the only thing I can ask. P’Mark put his hands on his pocket, “That—you—and I—are in different league. That I am three times better than you in any aspect—that Cap—will never choose someone like you because he already—chose me.”

 

I held my breath as I can hear my heart shattering into pieces. How can this be possible? “No—no P’, I’ve been following Ai’Cap for almost 2 years now—I don’t believe that Ai’Cap has a boyfriend.” I want to scream that he is just joking but I am also not sure if it’s real—or not.

 

He instantly pulls out his smart phone from his pocket and opens it. “Then suit yourself.” And he passed his phone to me showing Ai’Cap’s picture sitting on top of the sink counter while only covering his lower part with a piece of navy blue towel. And that I know—I’ve lost already. Ai’Cap is really in a relationship with this P’.

Back to Reality

 

-----

 

This P’ mentally scares me but good thing Ai’Cap came back to me and explained everything to me. Also, I’ve watched the soccer match where P’Mark shamelessly confessed to Ai’Gun. This is guys is scary—I hope Ai’Gun won’t fall from his trap.

 

-----

 

Let’s pretend that I didn’t say that this is a joint POV of White and Mark.

Woie—Mark—why are you so evil?? hahahahha