99: Social Experiment

Calm Down Tiger

Best POV

 

Time check, 7pm already and I thought I was too early when I arrived at 6:45pm. Where am I? I am in Mark’s university, the only café near college of Theater Arts. What am I doing here? I didn’t go here by myself; I was summoned to go here.

 

Plus points, the drinks and cakes are really good here so it’s okay to wait more. I also check my phone from time to time to see the incoming messages but the last messaged I received was the invitation to go here at 7pm. There aren’t many people here and it’s amazing that this café is open despite the fact that it’s already vacation. There are only 4 costumers, a girl sitting in the middle with her laptop, two guys talking loudly at the corner, and of course me—sitting near the door. There’s also one server today, a quite tall, tan guy, with great smile.

 

I drink my coffee again while looking outside. The orange hue and blue of the sky is making the road a bit dark already. I sigh before I heard the wind chime of the door. I look at it and again sigh, “Oww—sawadee khrab P’~” his perfect set of teeth greeted me. I stand up from my seat and wai back, “Sawadee khrab~” but I frown when I look at his back. He isn’t alone; there is another guy with him. I was introduced to him before too, “Woie! Ai’—wadee wadee~” he sounds so playful and his smiling so big.

 

Both of them sit at the table that I am occupying for a while, “P’Best, you don’t mind me bringing P’Yatch na khrab right? We are all going together in Korea na P’ this Saturday,” his way of being polite doesn’t feel right actually but it’s better than my cunning ex-boyfriend, Mark. He is—unpredictable, “Chai, I don’t mind na khrab,” I really don’t mind because both of them surprisingly find out my phone number and both of them are messaging me from time to time about the flight and stuff.

 

But this is uncomfortable, “Ahm—Ai’Kris, what do you want na khrab? P’ just got his pay check from internship na woie! P’ can buy what you want~” and this one is so loud just like that Ai’Gun. Making me feel irritated because I don’t want to think how Mark and Ai’Gun are probably having a good time together now. I sip my drink and listen to them at the same time, “Wow P’—congratulations na khrab!—” then Nong Kris looks behind maybe checking the menu, “Hum—maybe coffee latte na P’—and choco marble na P’~” then he looks at us again with his still perfect set of smile.

 

I thought this Ai’ will go already but now he looks at me, “How about you Ai’Best? I mean, I know that you have your food already na khrab but do you still want more? I can buy for us na Ai’~” dead-pan, I want to have my poker face but I know that I need to stay polite, “Thank you Ai’Yatch, but I am good already,” so I declined him politely. He nods anyway and then stands up already.

 

When Ai’Yatch went to the counter already, the awkwardness doubled up—so instead of having a conversation, I decided to focus on my cake. The spoon is already in front of my mouth, “You were P’Mark’s ex-boyfriend na khrab, right P’Best?” nothing new actually so I still eat the cake on my spoon and hum as a response, “Don’t you—feel hurt na khrab P’ that—P’Mark is running after my P’Gun na khrab?” I chuckled, “You aren’t the first person na khrab that hit that fact on my face na Nong, and to answer you—Mark made it clear to me from the beginning na khrab that he loves Ai’Gun—and not me anymore,” just what kind of person these people think of me?

 

Third party? Wreaker? Actually, he is mine first and Ai’Gun came into the picture and decided to steal those affections away from me. The only wrong thing I did is agreeing to break up with him before, “And you are okay with that P’?”

 

‘NO!!!!’

 

I smile, “Have you ever been in love na khrab Nong?” as soon as I asked, a tray of food was placed down on the table and the smiley Ai’Yatch looks serious. I shake my head, “Never mind I—” “Can you make me P’?” Nong Kris asked but on the corner I can see Ai’Yatch eyes, he is looking intensely at me, “Ai’Kris,” it’s a warning tone from him but Nong Kris is also looking at me intensely with that warm smile on his face.

 

These Nong and Ai are scaring me, “It’s not okay for me to see Mark being so in love na khrab to Ai’Gun—but what can I do?” I changed the topic—no! I go back to the first question to escape the topic about making someone fall in love. I didn’t notice how close the three of us are sitting, not until I pulled out a bit and drink my coffee nervously. Ai’Yatch put their food on the table and set the tray aside, “Your P’Hyuk is making me work hard na khrab already about Ai’Gun’s situation Ai’Kris—so don’t add up,” I didn’t know that Ai’talktaive can be Ai’Serious too.

 

“Wanna make a bet na khrab P’Yatch?” and this Nong Mr.Nice guy is actually Nong Scary, “Bet?” “First one who can make P’Best fall in love na khrab win,” I cough loudly making me spit out some of my coffee back to the teacup. I keep on coughing while Ai’Yatch handed me some tissue paper, “Not funny, Ai’Kris!” now I know, why in this university, they called Engineering students as barbaric. Right now, Ai’Yatch engineering side is coming out. That tone of voice and serious face—something that will send chills to your bones.

 

While this Nong is crazy, “Let’s take this P’ as—social experiment na khrab,” “Don’t push it!” I exclaimed but this Nong is something, “In my major na khrab—Psychology, professors always give us social experiments na khrab. Now, I want to test if my hypothesis is correct na P’s by having this experiment between the three of us,” he put both of his hands on the table. I am scared and Ai’Yatch looks mad, “P’Yatch hasn’t been in love—I haven’t been in love—and P’Best is broken hearted na khrab. If one of us can make P’Best back on track na P’Yatch then it means people are capable na khrab of making someone fall in love with them. I don’t actually believe in platonic love na P’s and when P’Hyuk told me na khrab that it was love at first sight he experienced with P’Donghae—I don’t see the science behind it—so—I want to prove that love is something that we earn na khrab and not just because he lay an eyes on someone for the first time,” then he sips on his latte like he didn’t say something unbelievable.

I grind my teeth, “I’m not in!” I announced ready to stand up but, “I’m in!” I can’t believe it. He was against this a while ago and now he is in? And what happened to his angry look a while ago too? He looks calm with that playful smile on his face, “And I am in too P’,” Nong Kris said flatly. I cannot believe these two guys in front of me, “You!” I pointed my accusing finger to Ai’Yatch, “Why did you agree?” I demanded and Ai’ chuckled, “You don’t know Ai’Kris—he is crazy na khrab—and the idea too excites me—so why not enjoy it. Besides, what are you afraid of Ai’Best? Falling in love na khrab with either one of us?” I gulp. This is double trouble.

 

I inhale sharply, “Both of you—I don’t know what I am still doing here but you two are wasting my time!” I grab my bag already and put my phone inside, “You don’t have any chance with P’Mark already na khrab P’Best—he will break your heart again—and again—especially now,” I rolled my eyes and try not to listen to Nong Kris, “My P’Gun—knows how he feels na khrab,” I stopped.

 

I slowly look at him, “What know?” Ai’Yatch asked him and Nong Kris shrugs his shoulder, “His long overdue feelings na khrab,” he said while looking straight into my eyes.

 

‘!’

 


 

Are you ready?

BTW, choose your fighter. It's Yatch vs Kris hahahahaha