14: Say it First!

Calm Down Tiger

 

Hyuk’s POV

 

I am not sure why I don’t feel good right now. I was enjoying my birthday party a while ago and I shared some few good drinks with my friends and even Nong’s from  Engineering but suddenly when I looked around, I wasn’t able to find my two jumpy brothers so my precious Hae went out with me and we saw two more boys driving expensive cars.

 

“What’s wrong Hyukkie?” Hae asked me while we are sitting here at the dining table together with my friends, “I’m not sure, Hae. My brothers are—very weird—like they are trying to hide something from me. ” I am always honest with Hae because I don’t want to give him a reason to doubt me.

 

He pats my back while saying, “Do you want me to talk to them?” I smile when I hear his suggestion. I really like it when Hae gets involve with my faily—it’s making me feel like he is already part of my family, “You don’t have to Hae. I should be the one doing that.” But as much as I love to let him be involve—I still know that it’s better for me to talk to my brothers rather than Hae.

 

He understands it, “I will be here, don’t worry.” He assures me before he told me that he needs to make a call to Korea because his brother, Donghwa Hyung needs to talk to him about their café business.

Peraya

I told him to make it quick which earns so whistling sounds and more teasing from my friends. Ai’Off is still hosting a drinking competition between old hazer and the current hazers. They are so loud and everyone keeps on cheering like crazy. “Don’t you want to join Ai’Hyuk?” I look at my right side and find Ai’Singto getting another can of beer from the refrigerator behind me.

 

Ai’Singto is a great friend of mine during university but we haven’t been in touch from a longtime because of our works. The last thing I’ve heard about him is that, he moved in with his long time boyfriend who is one year younger than us, Ai’Krist. They’ve been together for the longest time that I can remember, “Hae would be upset if I get drunk.” And we both laugh because I know how strict Ai’Krist is.

 

“We are on the same boat na khrab Ai’.” He said with that gentle smile on his lips. Many Nong’s before likes him because of his approachable personality but Ai’Krist is a very possessive wife to him. “Khrab~” we laugh in sync because of my answer.

 

He passed a can of beer to me and I gladly accept it. One can won’t harm, “So—how are you and Ai’Krist?” I decided to ask him. A while ago, I saw Ai’Krist with Ai’Sammy. Ai’Singto shakes his head, “We still fight na khrab—a lot but Krist is more understanding now. He supports my career path and our family met each other already.” I can hear the wedding bells already for them.

 

“I am glad that it works fine for you Ai’,” and I am really sincere. The loud noises keep on getting louder and louder that Ai’Singto and I decided to stop talking because we don’t understand each other anymore.

 

Also, I am started to worry because Heemi is missing too. Heechul hyung is just somewhere but he will kill me is something happen to his daughter, “Ai’ khrab, I will find my friend’s daughter first. Enjoy the party, khrab.” And I bid goodbye already.

 

I stand up and start to roam around my house where there are so many people drinking and chatting loudly, “Yeah, I also saw him with Nong White—I thought they are together already or something kah.” One Nong from Engineering class said loudly but I don’t know who they talking about.

 

I continue walking, “Woie—P’Mark kah? The handsome—rich guy from IC? What is he doing here?” “Shiya—don’t tell me it’s because of Ai’? They both look so handsome—why they ended up together?” gossips are everywhere so I tried to ignore them.

 

I decided to go outside to breathe some fresh air. The smell of different perfume and alcohol is making my head spin. When I was in the front lawn, all I can see are some of my neighbor looking at the expensive cars in front of our gate. “Ai’Gun looks nervous when I called them a while ago, I wonder why?” I asked myself.

 

I inhale and exhale more air when suddenly, “Ahm—P’ khrab.” Someone called out my attention. I looked behind me and find one of Ai’Gun and Ai’Cap’s rich friend. “Khrab?” I asked him. I actually don’t like the way he stared at Ai’Gun when I saw them—he is like—a predator.

 

He handed me a paper bag with a luxury brand printed on it.

 

‘Is it just the paper bag or what inside the paper bag is also expensive?’

 

I feel awkward. I don’t personally know this guy but he gave me a gift—regardless if the gift is expensive or not. “Ahm—khawp khun khrab Nong.” I said but didn’t refuse his gift. Regardless of what he gives me, I don’t think it’s polite to refuse a gift. “Ahm—Nong—what is your name?” I asked him so I can tell Ai’Gun to say my thanks again to his friend.

 

He wai at me, “Siwat Jumlongkol khrab—Mark is my nickname na P’.” Aside from how he looks at Ai’Gun, everything is perfectly okay with this Nong. He is polite, “Nong Mark,” “Chai, P’,” he smiles at me but behind those smile, his eyes looks sad.

 

“P’ khrab—can you do me a favor, khrab?” I don’t know this Nong very well but if the favor is something that I can do—then why not, “Say it first.” I answered. I thought he would feel a bit intimidated by me but he just continues, “Please look after Ai’Gun na khrab. He is a very clumsy guys P’ and he is very oblivious. He just does what he wants but that is part of who he is. I am glad that I was able to know him for a month P’.” I don’t understand this Nong anymore.

 

‘Why does he want me to look after my own brother?’

 

“I need to go now P’, I still have late night classes na khrab. Happy birthday P’,” and again with good manners, this Nong wai at me before walking towards his car.

 

I can’t help but mumble to myself, “Weird Nong,” and soon he is driving away with his car. I shake my head but didn’t dare to open the gift he handed to me.

 

I move a little when I heard the front door open, maybe someone is already going, “Aw—P’Hyuk, what are you doing here outside?” that’s my brother’s voice. “I just—” but when I turn, I saw Ai’Cap with the other rich friend, “want to breathe some fresh air,” I finished my answer.

 

This other Nong looks more harmless than that Nong Mark but he has this look in his eyes that I don’t like. “Is your friend going now, Ai’?” I tried to ignore my weird feeling, “Chai, P’, I have 7pm class na P’, I just pass by to say happy birthday.” Then like déjà vu, Ai’Cap’s friend handed me a paper bag with a different luxury brand logo, “Ahm—khawp khun khrab Nong—” “White P’, my name is White.”

 

It’s really weird receiving gifts from people who are not even my friends. “Ai’Cap, I will go na khrab. See you in university tomorrow.” And what’s weirder is the way he talks to my brother—he sounds so—delicate.

 

“Okay P’ be careful driving P’.” And weirder when my brother sounded just like him.

 

Nong White wave goodbye to both of us before walking towards his car. “Come on P’, everybody is looking for you na khrab.” I feel Ai’Cap’s hand on my arm but I still can’t help but think that he is acting weirder now than Ai’Gun who is usually the weird guy in the family.

 

‘I better tell this to Hae.’

 


 

Okay—done with this. Almost done with the full pack party of Hyuk.