98: I Know How I Feel

Calm Down Tiger

Donghae’s POV

 

Today, I decided to go out with Gun because he feels lonely—based on his message. It’s sort of like, P’, everyone went out already na khrab and P’Mark and I aren’t really talking so much. Is it okay na P’ if you can go out with me? I already asked P’Hyuk and he told me to take good care of you but I am not sure na P’ how but I will do my best!’ so in the end I told him that we can go out today and I will try to bring him to some places that he might enjoy.

 

Gun and I decided to eat first at a local Korean restaurant at Namdaemun. “Do you like to order other food Gun?” I asked him while he is happily sipping the soup of samgyetang. The weather might be too cold for him so I decided to buy this hot food for him, “Humm—it’s okay na P’—I am good~” he answered happily before trying out other food on the table. I smile happily, “It’s good if Captain is also here—right?” I asked him again. I know we passed the stage of being awkward to each other but I’ve never tried hanging out alone with either Captain or Gun.

 

“Yes P’, but woie! Ai’Cap is always busy with Ai’White na P’. I heard that Ai’White will go back home this Saturday because he needs to fix something na P’ but why is he fixing something? I don’t remember that Ai’ knows how to fix broken things na khrab. But I understand them because Ai’Cap loves Ai’White so much P’. Maybe I didn’t notice it before na P’ but the other night, when Ai’Cap helped me with P’Mark na woie because P’ was drunk na P’, Ai’White kept on helping Ai’Cap—even helped me support P’Mark instead of Ai’Cap!” I want to laugh—I don’t know if Gun is complaining about his brother’s relationship or complimenting them.

 

I swallow my food before asking again, “How about Plan and Mean? Why didn’t they go out with you today Gun? The three of you are always together,” they are like Hyukkie and I plus Heechul hyung when Hangeng hyung is not around. Well—Hangeng hyung will still not be around for quite some time so Heechul hyung will probably be grumpy for few more months.

 

Gun sighs and put down his chopsticks, “Woie P’—I don’t understand them both na khrab. Last night, Ai’Plan and Ai’Mean are both I my room and Ai’Cap was busy outside. They asked me about so many questions na khrab—mostly about P’Mark which I don’t understand na P’ because I am still upset na khrab about what happened to P’Mark and I and—oppss!” then he covers his mouth while looking at me, “P’~” I smile, “Go one first, continue your story first. I will not ask you yet,” I assured him.

 

Gun looks worried but still continue, “Well—they keep on asking me na P’ and I was so confused because Ai’Plan keeps on telling me that P’Mark doesn’t deserve me na khrab and if P’ will try to reconcile with me I should think it very well na P’. But P’—I am waiting for the time that P’Mark and I will talk.” I love all the changes in Gun’s facial expressions, he is the type of person who you thought you can read well but the words coming out of his mouth will still surprise you. I grab a piece of tteokbokki and savor the taste, “P’—do you remember na khrab when you heard me and P’Mark talking before?” I swallow fast before nodding my head, “Neh~” “Well—you told me before na P’ that I was cruel na khrab for telling those words to P’Mark and I shouldn’t be like that because I’ve hurt him—” I nod again remember that time I talked to him.

 

“I really think now P’ that you are right. I did hurt P’Mark na khrab and what makes me feel worse now P’—I didn’t know that I was hurting him like that na P’.” This is totally unexpected from Gun. I put down my chopsticks too and folded my hands on the table while look at Gun, “What do you mean?” I asked him. I know, I shouldn’t pry on Hyukkie’s brother’s issues again but I think there’s a reason why Gun decided to go out with me and not with any other people, “P’, will you promise me again—that—like last time na P’—you will not tell P’Hyuk na khrab?” I inhale sharply hearing the exact words that I told him before.

 

I know this isn’t right, “How about this Gun—let me listen first—then I will decide what’s right to do—” he looks sad so I followed up, “I love your brother so much Gun and I cannot let him get sad again because of me. You can understand me—right?” I want him to know that this time I will put Hyukkie in between of us. I just—don’t like to see the Hyukkie I saw in Thailand. I can’t anymore, “Okay na khrab—P’,” though I know that this is hard for Gun, he still chose to agree with me, “Thank you~” I mumbled.

 

Gun’s eyes looks serious, I don’t know how it happened but spending time with Gun, I’ve never seen him this serious, not until now. “I hate myself na P’—for always not understand what’s happening. I thought it was okay na khrab and my brothers thought it was funny too na P’ that I am sometimes clueless—but P’ I’ve realized that I shouldn’t be like this anymore.” I nod my head but didn’t say a thing. I want him to open up and express everything.

 

“Then P’Mark got mad at me na P’. I don’t understand why—I don’t know what I did na khrab—and I don’t know why I felt so hurt na khrab after that. P’ told me that—I always don’t understand and always don’t know na khrab. But what can I do P’—I really don’t understand the situation~” that stressed face he is making is not the Gun I’ve met. Somehow, I understand why Hyukkie wanted to protect him so much. I’ve learned to be so attached to him in a short period of time too.

 

I move my right hand and placed it on his right hand too which is lying on the table, “Do you mind—telling me—what happened before Mark got mad?” I pat his hand and the gesture is enough to make him smile a bit, “P’Mark—saw me watching—a video on my phone na khrab that I think Ai’Cooheart accidentally sent to me.” Then the smile disappeared again and he pulls his hand off mine. “ video na khrab,” I bit my inner cheeks not wanting to react. I pulled my hands off too and sit properly on my chair, “Not normal video na P’, but Ai’Fluke and Ai’Ohm’s video na khrab,” this time I gasped already.

 

How can I not react, I know those two kids, “I didn’t know that I was watching video na khrab because I’ve never really tried watching something like that before na P’. So we went home in a hurry na P’ and then P’Mark went upstairs and started shouted angrily to Ai’Cooheart and Ai’Fluke. I didn’t understand na P’ until now and I got scared too because after talking to then, P’Mark told me to meet him outside na khrab and then he got mad when I told him that I don’t understand what’s happening. P’—am I wrong? Did I do something that makes him mad na khrab?” I feel like my throat is so dry that I instantly finish off a glass of water before I can talk again.

 

 Somehow, I understand why Mark is mad. Yes! I know why he is mad, “Did you feel hurt because Mark told you those things, Gun?” and I think I understand why Gun feels this way, “Well—not only that na P’—but P’Mark also told me that he doesn’t want to see me anymore—then—” he clutches on his chest, “I felt so much hurt here na P’—actually, even now P’—when I remember how P’Mark told me those words, I can still feel hurt na khrab.” Gun is strong, maybe stronger that Captain. I am so proud of him for keeping the conversation with me without breaking down.

 

I sigh before standing up. Gun follows my movement but all I did is to change my seat right next to him and put my arm around his shoulder, “Do you know how you feel for him Gun?” he might be slow—but I don’t think Gun wouldn’t figure out yet. Probably that’s the reason too why Plan was trying to tell him that Mark doesn’t deserve him. “Chai—” he nods, “Chai P’—” then he looks at me, “I know how I feel for him na khrab,” and he sounds so sure. I sigh deeply and pat his shoulder, “I am glad~” and I am really glad for him.

 

“P’, will you tell P’Hyuk about this?” he sounds so—“Cute~” I laugh because he really sounds so cute. Hyukkie will kill me if he finds out that I find his brother cute, “Well—if you don’t want me to tell your brother—then you need to tell him yourself. Aside from that Gun—you aren’t in a relationship with Mark so this conversation we have—I will not tell it to your brother—not unless—the two of you are together then you need to tell Hyukkie—okay?” that way, Hyukkie will hear it straight from him and not by other people—or worse case like how he caught White and Captain before.

 

Gun finally flashes his genuine smile and I can’t help but pull him closer a bit, he is like a brother to me too, “You are really great na P’. No wonder P’Hyuk loves you so much~” he mumbled and we both laugh after that.

 

The heavy feeling was gone after that and Gun and I enjoyed our meal of the day. This day should be about looking forward to new discoveries and places and not about his feelings or even Mark’s feelings. Our goal for today is to enjoy—I want him to enjoy.

 


 

Gun and I literally walk around Namdaemun happily while chatting about random stuff. I showed him good places here like the famous gate of Namdaemun and also we eat and eat and eat a lot of street food.

 

“WOIE! P’—LET’S TRY THAT!” and he is worse than Heemi. Gun is like a kid—5 year-old maybe. He pulled me many times on food carts and we probably spend a lot of money but he told me, “Don’t worry na P’, I saved a lot of money for this trip na khrab~” he really surprised me so much.

 

We keep on eating so many street foods, and trying out so many accessories, “P’ which looks better na khrab—this earrings or this one?” he showed me another set of earrings for the 3rd time already I think and he has been choosing and buying stuff. I smile at him, “Well—both looks good on you though I think your hair color is getting faded, and this will look a bit out of place.” I told him honestly.

 

Gun is gaining so much attention. Now I know why Hyukkie told me to look carefully for him because he has this natural charm but it looks like he doesn’t notice it at all. “Awww, really P’, do you think I can change hair color today?” so I look at my watch and it’s only 1 in the afternoon. We still have plenty of time today, “Let’s go—I’ll bring you somewhere—let’s fix your hair color~” I have a hairdresser friend. I think he can fix Gun’s hair color today.

 

The happy kid follows me—and going out of this area is never been so easy especially when people are looking at his oblivious guy beside me.

 


“Gun, this is Zhoumi my friend,” I am regular here and I’ve made few posters for his hair salon many times already too. Zhoumi is from China but he has been working here in Korea for 5 years now, “Oh—Annyeonghaseyo P’~” I love how he talks the same way Heemi talks now. Zhoumi looks at him before smiling and talking to me in Korea, “What happened to your gorgeous boyfriend? I didn’t know you like younger guys now Donghae~” he teased me. He knows how much I love Hyukkie anyway.

 

I hit his arm playfully, “He is—Hyukkie’s younger brother. Please try to behave~” I warned him because; “You don’t want Hyukkie to go here, neh?” angry Hyukkie isn’t good for Zhoumi—especially for his business. He gulped loudly making me chuckled, “You and your crazy boyfriend,” then he looks at Gun again and finally speak to him in English, “You have a really good skin Gun so any color will suits you—heck you even pulled off that turquoise hair color,” he walks around Gun maybe trying to observe him better.

 

Zhoumi is a little weird—but weird in a good way. He loves his job so much and he takes it seriously. On the other hand, Gun looks worried and conscious, “Ahm—really—thank you P’.” See, he isn’t behaving the usual way. My friend stopped in front of him, “What color do you want?” he asked him finally but Gun still looks worried or something, “Ahm—anything P’—can you recommend something?” we went here without really thinking much so I understand if Gun doesn’t have any idea what to do with his hair.

 

 I smile at him, “Don’t worry Gun, he is the best~” I assured the poor kid before Zhoumi smirks and pull him towards one of his chair. I choose to sit down at the back where I can still see Gun—in case Zhoumi plays some trick on him. “I will make you—like one of those kpop idols. Believe me—people will love it~” Zhoumi promised him—and I know he will. When did he even fail?

 

Instead of doing nothing, I chose to message my boyfriend.

 

Hae: Hi Hyukkie! You don’t mind that I bring Gun in Zhoumi’s right? He wants to fix his hair color.

And then I send him Gun’s picture.

 

Hyukkie: Finally! That blue hair was too much! I glared at everyone here in the office because they are gaining attention!

 

Hae: Yeah! I understand you now Hyukkie! hahahaha

 

Hyukkie: Why? Don’t tell me someone tries to approach him? Or you? Tell me!!

 

Hae: Calm down Hyukkie! Well, people stared a lot but Gun didn’t even notice anyone of them—and I bet Captain is the same. You guys need to be alert all the time.

 

Same with Hyukkie, he is also a head turner which I really hate so much. He told me that it happens to me too but I don’t believe in him because all I can see are people looking at him, trying to get close to him.

 

Hyukkie: Arraso baby~ Anyway, take care—both of you. I’ll buy dinner for everyone later so don’t eat anything okay? Tell Heechul Hyung too to only cook rice.

 

Hae: Hum—okay Hyukkie. I love you~

 

Hyukkie: I love you more~

 


 

In this fic, it’s already Thursday. Mark this work—by Friday—you will see my baby MarkGun hahahahahha