51: The Lion's Den

Calm Down Tiger

 

Gun’s POV

 

I slept last night hearing Ai’Cap’s crying and I don’t remember what time he stopped but the next morning his eyes looks so puffy and red like he didn’t sleep at all. I didn’t ask him what happen because I don’t think I should be involved right now. But this morning P’Donghae woke me up—he didn’t sleep in our room anymore and when I go out I saw P’Hyuk wearing his casual clothes. He pats my head and said, “You are the older brother na Ai’Gun na khrab again, okay? You need to look after your Ai’Cap. P’Hyuk will just be gone for 1 week and your P’Heechul will go to China for a while na Ai’ so make sure to help Mae and Pa and also—try to make Ai’Cap smile,” I was so sleepy when P’ talked to me so I only remember receiving a tight hug from P’Hyuk and then from P’Donghae.

 

I stared at the 2 people sitting in front of me while I was retelling about my morning. “Woie—Ai’—I think Ai’Cap was so emotional these days so maybe your P’Hyuk just want na khrab you to look after him or something—” then he sips on his milk tea, “Thinking too much makes my head ache na khrab Ai’—why did you even call me here? I should be talking a rest with Mean! I am so tired na khrab from our performance yesterday! You are such a cruel Ai’My friend!” I sigh and I think calling Ai’Plan here at the milk tea shop near my house is a bad idea.

 

“I will not call you na khrab anymore—” I mumbled before also sipping the pearls from my milk tea, “You just need to do what your P’ told you Ai’Gun,” I continue sipping while listening and also nodding—I am multi-tasking, “You know—something probably happened last night that we all don’t know na khrab and Ai’Cap probably is very affected right now, so you need to be understanding to him na khrab,” I am not sure how P’s mind works but I think it works better than my brain and Ai’Plan combine.

 

I nod like crazy, “Chai—chai—chai P’—that was why I called you na khrab even though it’s not 3am na P’. I know that you have more sense na woie rather than Ai’Plan. This Ai’ only went here because Ai’Mean gave him money na khrab to buy milk tea and because he knows that I will let him eat later in our house na P’—do you know that Mae khrab is a really good cook na khrab?—Woie P’—you should eat at the house na khrab later!” I suggested so suddenly and I know Mae is already cooking lunch so later when we arrive home we can all eat there and also maybe make Ai’Cap happier. But P’Mark shakes his head and laugh, “I am sorry na khrab Ai’Gun but I need to go to Best house later na khrab. I promised him to help him with his papers. And I think his Mae already cooked food for us na too so it will be a waste of food if I will decline,” I voluntarily frown when I heard his reason.

 

“Woie P’Mark khrab, I am really worried na khrab about you~” I didn’t know that Ai’Plan and P’Mark are also close because Ai’Plan is worried about him, “Me?” P’ pointed his finger to himself, “Chai P’—because you know—I thought you are rich na khrab P’ but you are always eating with P’Best na khrab so—are you maybe—broke now P’?” but before P’ can even answer, I hit Ai’Plan’s head, “Ai’Idiot! I expect more from you na khrab Ai’Plan! P’Mark paid for our dinner na khrab last night—why would he be broke? Maybe—it’s P’Best who is broke na khrab that was why they always hang out together.” I concluded because there is really no way P’Mark will go broke.

 

P’Mark’s laughter stopped both of us from hitting each other’s head, “Okay okay an khrab—I really wonder how you two understand each other na woie but I am not broke. I just hang out with Best for many various reason na khrab.” He explained briefly but it makes me more confused, “Why do you have various reason na P’?” I asked him and make sure to sit properly first because I want to listen very carefully. P’ put one of his hands under his chin, “Hum—your P’Best is really bad na khrab with English but he needs to finish many reports na khrab but most of the articles are in English so your P’Mark is helping him translate some of it,” I nod again and again because surprisingly I don’t have any problem with English.

 

“Then P’ you should~” I wasn’t able to finish listening to P’Mark and Ai’Plan because my phone starts vibrating and all I can do is to stand up and excuse myself, “Hello?” I asked while walking to the other end of the café. A very nervous voice answered me back, “P’—P’Gun kah—ahm P’ this is Rina na kah~” I pull out the phone from my ears and look at the caller I.D which is not save on my phone.

 

“Ahm—Nong Rina? Nong Heemi’s friend na khrab?” I just need to make sure, “Chai P—ahm—am I not bothering you na kah?” she suddenly ask and I laugh, “Woie—not really na Nong, I am just drinking milk tea na khrab with Ai’Plan and P’Mark,” she has been a good friend to Nong Heemi and I like that she’s making Nong feels so at home here in Thailand. P’Hyuk told me before they arrived here in Thailand to make sure that Nong Heemi will enjoy her stay here, “Really P’? You are with P’Mark na kah?” her voice changed so suddenly.

 

She sounds more happy now, “Chai—why Nong?” I asked her with underlying curiosity. P’Hyuk used to tease me before that curiosity kills the cat but I only understand curiosity because I am not a cat and we don’t have a pet cat. “Ahm—P’—I have a problem na kah. Nong Heemi was supposed to help me na kah with my project na P’—but Nong suddenly went back to China so she told me to ask you for help~” I feel bad for her hearing that desperate tone and all I can do is to nod my head, “Okay na khrab—what can I help you?” I just don’t like it when people are having a hard time. As long as it’s something that I can do then I will help.

 

“Really P’? Well can you go to my house na kah today? Don’t worry my brother will provide the lunch na kah,” I feel more energized hearing about free lunch, “Okay na khrab Nong—send me the address already—but can I bring Ai’Plan? He should eat lunch na khrab at my house today but we cannot anymore and beside P’Mark will go somewhere too so maybe we will just grab a taxi na khrab going to your house. But how can I help you na khrab Nong? I don’t know anything about Math na woie! I will just mess up!” I suddenly remember the main problem. I am really bad at Math.

 

Nong chuckles on the other line, “Don’t worry na P’—it’s not about Math na kah—ahm—it’s about—ahhh—it’s about performance na kah P’—ahmm—I need to have a declamation na P’—next week and I need you to teach me about—ahm—good English pronunciation na P’!”

 

‘Woie? How did she know that I am really good at English?’

 

“Woie Nong—I didn’t know that College of Mathematics has English declamation na khrab? But you chose the right person because this P’Gun is really good at English na khrab!” I said with full confidence because really—aside from music, English will probably my next big talent. I would like to thank my Mae and Pa for exposing me to English in such an early age. “I am glad na kah P’—I will send you the address already na P’—and see you later~” we ended the call after that and I feel so happy about the good deeds that I will do later.

 

When Ai’Plan saw me again sitting down, he quickly complained, “Woie Ai’—why are you so slow na khrab talking on the phone? I almost run out of idea what to talk to P’Mark already because he knows a lot of things. I think he knows more that Mean knows—but I love Mean na khrab so I will not choose P’Mark over Mean na woie!!” I shake my head, “You need to make up your mind na Ai’—you said P’Mark knows a lot more that Ai’Mean so you need to choose which side are you and beside—I don’t even think that Mean will let you choose between him and P’Mark—also we are going somewhere na Ai’—do you remember Nong Rina—from College of Mathematics na khrab?” I asked him with follows by a quick, “Chai—the Nong you tried to date before but dumped you na khrab after she found out that P’Mark liked you before!” I nod my head eagerly, “Chai—that Nong na khrab! You are so smart na Ai’—I am glad you are my friend. But Nong needs my help na khrab and you know she said that her P’ will provide the food na khrab so we will go to their house and help her for today! Okay?”

Ai’Plan and I are both nodding our heads when P’Mark decided to ask me, “You tried dating that Nong before Ai’?” and his voice doesn’t sound so friendly anymore. I wonder why? Maybe P’ also wants to join us for free meal but he needs to go to P’Best today. I nod again but this time I am looking directly at P’Mark, “Yes P’ because I am really bad at Math na khrab and then Ai’Fluke—Ai’Cooheart’s best friend introduced me na khrab to his boyfriend Ai’Ohm and Ai’Ohm is from College of Mathematics then while hanging out at that College, I have a chat with Nong Rina about a problem I cannot solve then I decided to court her na khrab to make my Math improved. Ai’Plan liked the idea too because she can also help him na khrab~” and that is the story why I tried dating Nong Rina before.

 

P’ keeps on nodding but his facial expression doesn’t look so happy anymore, “Do you need to go now na Ai’? I mean—I can give you a ride,” but a smirk suddenly appeared on P’s face which looks really evil but also looks good on P’. I wonder if I can also do that.

 


 

Nong Rina’s house is really big just like Ai’Mean’s house that Ai’Plan showed to me on picture before. I don’t know why P’Mark is still with us and why everybody seems to know him, “P’—you can leave us here na khrab already. You still have appointment with P’Best right?” I asked him because I don’t want him to miss his appointment. We continue walking towards the front door with P’Mark leading the way, “It’s okay na khrab Ai’Gun. I can’t let you in the lion’s den unprotected na khrab~” what did he say? Lion? “Woie P’—don’t scare me na khrab! How did you know that Nong Rina has lion in their house na P’? I want to go home na P’—I don’t want to go anymore,” I said, “Chai P’—why did you bring us in the lion’s den na P’? Are you still mad that I told Mean to investigate about you before na P’ because you said that you like Ai’Gun? Please forgive me na P’~” Ai’Plan and I are both panicking now.

 

‘I am too young to die na woie and I don’t want to be eaten by a Lion!’

 

P’s laughter’s is so loud that the front door suddenly opens, “P’Gun kah! P’Plan kah!—eh? P’Mark kah?” Nong Rina came out with huge grin on her face. P’Mark stopped laughing then stared at Nong, “Tell your P’Bastard that I am here too,” the tone of his voice is not the same when he is talking to me. And who is P’Bastard? I only know Ai’Mean as bastard because I called him that sometimes.

 

Nong Rina laugh before yelling, “P’ NA KAH! P’MARK IS HERE!” and then Nong looks at us, “I am happy na P’Gun that you both are here. Get in please~” she said before making way for me and Ai’Plan and maybe for P’Mark too. I wai at her before entering their house and also before hearing a loud, “WOIE MARK NA KH—” then I look in front, “Eh? P’Best?” I called him and P’ also looks so shocked, “Ai’—what are you doing here?” P’ asked me but before I can even answer, I feel someone beside me and an arm suddenly on my shoulder pulling me closer, “A’Gun, I don’t think you are aware but Nong Rina and Best are sibling na khrab—right?” and I literally feel my mouth opening because of what P’Mark said.

 

‘Woie! I didn’t know na khrab~’

 


 

To compensate about my 2 days absence. Here’s an update. Enjoy~