36: By Hook or by Crook

Calm Down Tiger

 

Mark’s POV

 

“Arghhhhhh!!!” I ruffled my hair in frustration when I remember what happened this afternoon during Songkran. I groan as well, “Arghhh that Ai’—seriously!!” then I lay still on my bed when I remember how he ing look so nice with his hair dripping and, “Damn!! What was he thinking? Why did he change his hair color? He looks more edible now!!” I don’t want to sound so or something but what can I do? That’s how I feel for him when I saw him—but nope—before I even commented on his appearance—I saw his hands.

 

Damn, I cursed at Best when I went back after giving Ai’Gun a ride back home, “Damn it Best!” I mumbled again because that guy laughed at me while saying that it’s no one’s fault. Does he even know that a musician should always protect their hands?

 

I roll to the other side of the bed. I’ve been meeting Best lately—my high school ex-boyfriend. The reason of our break up is very reasonable but still it was the reason why I shut myself so much to people. We both knew that our relationship won’t go any further. He has a very promising future and his parents don’t want him to be distracted. I also have a very good future and we both knew that time that we were better off without each other. I may be lying if I say that I wasn’t hurt—but yet that was all in the past. I moved on—and damn it the guy that I want now just threw me away the last time we talked.

 

I was so hurt when Ai’Gun told me the harsh reality between the two of us. Maybe that was the reason why Best decided to show up again—to rubbed in my face the sad reality that I shouldn’t court a straight guy. I don’t know how he found out about Ai’Gun and I but he suddenly showed up in my college. I do hope that no one knew about my past relationship with him.

 

I keep on rolling on my bed before I sit down on it and decided to dial Best number. I need to talk to him, “You better answer!” I whispered before I clicked the call button and wait until my call connects to him. Good thing I don’t need to wait long because he already answered my call, “Alaiwa!” he sounds so mad. I don’t think him getting mad should be an option right now, I should be the one getting mad, “Woie! Get a grip of yourself Best! I am still irritated about what happened this afternoon na!” I think my forehead is already creating those lines because I cannot keep a straight face right now.

 

Best laughs at the other line, “You are such an over protective person na Mark—but you don’t have the rights to act like that because Nong looks uninterested at you,” does he need to rub it on my face? I have this urge to go to his house and punch him but I scratch the idea, “Seriously Mark—just get back together with me so that you don’t need to be so stressed about Nong Gun.” I smirk because by the end of the day he is still insisting what he wanted from me.

 

I thought he would just hang out with me when he showed up last time and I was so eager to hang out with him—but when we were about to go back home from the mall before Songkran—Best told me that he wanted to get back to me which I declined right away because, “Isn’t it obvious? I am waiting for my wife to beg for me and want me back na khrab!” I told Best which before I am so afraid to hurt him but I think Ai’Gun gave me all the reason to fight for him.

 

There’s a loud ticking sound at the other line, “I wonder if ‘your wife’ is aware that you claimed him already na Mark. When I talked to him today—he looks like he wasn’t interested with you na khrab,” I know he is right but I already know my game and I know Ai’Gun, “He will beg me Best—believe me he will,” I am so confident because I will do whatever it takes to make Ai’Gun fall for me—by hook or by crook, “Just remember that I am here for you na Mark when he rejected you again,” Best sounds like he is kidding but I know he wasn’t.

 

Maybe if Best talked to me before I realized my feelings for Ai’Gun—I will accept him back—but now—I know that I cannot love Best again. I know that I am so dedicated to my Ai’Gun now.

 


 

I don’t know what’s wrong with the atmosphere today but this Ai’White decided to eat lunch with me and Ai’August. He looks so down—so down for someone who already got his wife, “Why are you eating with us na woie!” I can’t help but complained. When he got together with Ai’Cap, he messaged me more until midnight because he cannot believe it. I don’t remember that our relationship improved already but this Ai’ is acting like we are so closed.

 

Ai’August smiles at us, “P’—are you abandoning me now? I thought we were alliance already na khrab?” Since when? I raised my brows on him, “Says who?” I asked him. I am too straight forward for him and for many people but it doesn’t really matter to me. Ai’White sighs, “Because I can help na khrab to know about Ai’Gun?” my wife’s name sounds so appealing every time someone says his name so immediately, I focused on Ai’White, “I expect more from you Ai’. Now—as I was saying—why are you here na Ai’? Why aren’t you eating lunch with your Ai’Cap?” my voice is getting more and more sarcastic—I hope he doesn’t mind.

 

I am so amazed on Ai’White’s patient, I would probably snap at myself if I were him, “Actually, P’—yesterday—P’Hyuk caught us,” I wish my eyes are big enough to let Ai’White know that I am shocked, “Woieeee that’s why na khrab Ai’Gun was in a hurry yesterday when Ai’Cap called~” it felt like one of the biggest mystery in the world has been unveiled. But this Ai’, “Why did you let their P’ caught you? I was so nervous when I went to his birthday that time na Ai’,” then it sink it. This Ai’ is probably worried, “His P’—almost punched me. I was so scared na woie—but Ai’Gun was so braved and also P’Donghae—so I thought I can do anything, khrab.”

 

I am glad that Ai’White was brave enough and wasn’t get punched by P’Hyuk but—“Did you say that my Ai’Gun was so brave? Why na khrab? What did he do?” I asked him so eagerly ignoring the fact that he got caught by Ai’Cap’s older brother. Ai’August decided it’s time to talk, “Honestly Ai’Mark, I thought you moved on already to Nong Gun because you are keeping in touch lately with your ex-boyfriend—” “ALAIWAAA!” yes, Ai’White shouted but we ignored him, “So when Ai’Mean asked me about you na khrab, I told him about you and your ex-boyfriend—and knowing how close Ai’Mean to Nong Gun—I think he told Nong about you and your ex-boyfriend.”

 

I didn’t get scared or mad.

 

‘Interesting—and to think that Ai’Gun acted like he didn’t know about Best na khrab last time!’

 

All of my brain cells are functioning very well today. A smirk immediately formed on the corner of my lips, “I think—I can have him,” I mumbled to myself before grabbing my glass of Thai tea. I sit comfortably on the cafeteria chair but not Ai’August and Ai’White, they have the same weird looking expression at me. “P’—I want advice na khrab~” Ai’White said but his problem is really complicated, “You know what Ai’—” I was about to say something stupid but from afar, I saw my wife—technically I saw his hair sticking out in the crowd. An idea popped in my head, “Listen very well na Ai’—” I said seriously.

 

I pretended not to see Ai’Gun walking near, “What I’ve learned from my previous relationship—” and this is real, “When you want something—you need to work hard for it. Meaning—if you want na khrab P’Hyuk to accept you—you need to prove him that you are good for his brother,” because I thought I was good enough for Best before that was why I worked hard for our relationship but I was able to get the recognition though we broke up in the end.

 

Ai’White looks so pleased with my advice—and so did my precious wife, “Woie—Ai’Gun,” I pretended to look up a bit and got startled by his presence. Both Ai’White and Ai’August look at him but he wai at us.

 

‘My wife got good manners—I am so proud~’

 

“Ahm—” he looks so awkward, I wonder why, “Chai—ahm—Ai’White—have you heard na khrab when will Ai’Bastard Mean will come back? He kidnapped Ai’Plan so suddenly, we will have band practice this week,” he complained but still looks so adorable. Ai’White immediately shook his head, “I thought Ai’Plan will tell you more.” He said honestly and all I did is smile because I am happy just by looking at him. “Okay—khrab,” then suddenly he turned to me which is very unexpected, “P’Mark—khrab,” and I got nervous just by that.

 

I want to shake my head—I am so whipped for this boy, “Khrab?” I responded but try to hide my amazement, “Last Songkran na P’—ahm—thank you na khrab for giving me a ride—and—” oh, there’s more? “Thank you na khrab for—treating my hands,” this must be my lucky day. Not only my wife said thank you to me—he also smiled at me. “It’s okay Ai’—I hope I wasn’t so nosy last time. I don’t want Ai’ to think that I don’t have one word. I said—I will stay away from you and—” “It’s understandable P’—and actually P’—it’s not that I don’t want to see you na woie—I just want nothing more than friendship from you—na khrab,” and there’s my golden opportunity already.

 

I stand up from my seat which makes Ai’Gun to back off a bit, “Then—” I raised my hand, “Let’s be friend—na Ai’Gun~” and I can already see what is the good thing to do with Best—he will probably help me.

 

‘Mark!! You are such a smart person!!’

 


 

Sooo now you know….Mark will be Mark…do you expect something more from him??? haahahha