29: Mean-what should we do?

Calm Down Tiger

 

Plan’s POV

 

It’s Friday already and tomorrow is Songkran which I am super excited because after that I can go on a vacation with Mean and we will also have band performance after. I’ve heard from Ai’Gun that he will go to the hair salon today after class to change his hair color. He always change his hair color, I wonder why but because he wanted to change hair color, I also want so I told him to wait for me because I will bring Mean with us so that we will have a car and not use the motorcycle. Mean hates it when I am using motorcycle because he is afraid that  I might get into accident.

 

“Mean—you should be supportive to us na khrab. I want to change my hair color too~” I whined over the phone because my boyfriend doesn’t like the idea of changing my hair color—but he didn’t say anything about Ai’Gun changing hair color. This is so unfair, “Plan—listen—your hair will be damage if you will put color on it. I like the feeling of your hair—besides you look good already with your current hair color.” I don’t understand why he likes my hair—it’s my hair.

 

I bit my inner cheeks while my good friend Ai’Gun isn’t paying attention to me. We are still in the classroom and still have one class left, “Why can Ai’Gun change hair color and I am not? You are so bias Mean. If you don’t like na khrab to go with us—we will just use our motorcycle! I didn’t know that you are such an unfair guy—I even dated you for many months now—” “!” my eyes got so wide.

 

“WOIE!!! MEAN PHIRAVICH ATTACHITSATA!! DID YOU CURSE AT ME???” everyone in the classroom looks at me, even Ai’Gun. He is mouthing something to me but I don’t understand, “You don’t need to go here! I will take care of myself!” I was about to hang up but Mean plead at me, “Wait—hang on Plan! I’m sorry okay? I didn’t mean to curse just now na khrab. I was just taken a back. There are so many traffic accidents these day na Plan so I’m just worried. Fine—don’t get mad. I will ready the car na soon. Wait for me later~” I am still mad but he will fetch us later so it’s sort of okay.

 

“Fine—you also need to buy dinner for us na khrab! I am still mad at you Mean,” I said before ending the call. When I am mad at Mean, I don’t say goodbye to him. Ai’Gun shakes his head, “You know—if you will keep on getting mad at each other na woie every day—it’s better to break up na Ai’,” he said with serious look.

 

I am shocked, “How dare you na Ai’Gun—I love Ai’Mean, why do we need to break up na khrab? We are just fighting over simple matter na woie—take it back Ai’—I will not break up with Mean khrab!! You are soooo bad my friend!” I don’t know why Ai’Gun is so bad about people who are in a relationship these days. Maybe he is really lonely because he doesn’t have anyone.

 

Ai’Gun glares at me, “I am always in the middle when you are fighting na woie! If you will continue fighting like this—I am out khrab! I don’t want to be the middle person—the third wheel—even Ai’Cap was so happy talking over the phone last night and Nong Heemi gave him a book to read. It’s so unfair na khrab. Nong said she will only let me borrow books if I have lover already. THIS IS SO UNFAIR NA KHRAB!” I shake my head because the heat of Thailand is getting into Ai’Gun’s head now.

 

I sigh before standing up, “Find a lover na khrab Ai’ instead of complaining to me. I cannot recommend anyone to you—or better yet—just download the book that Nong Heemi is reading so that you don’t need to wait na woie to have a lover,” and I walk towards the front to talk to my other classmates. Ai’Gun is very hard to talk with these days.

 


 

I don’t know what color will Ai’Gun want but I am already decided to what I want and actually Mean is sitting here beside me because he doesn’t want to wait in the lounge of the salon. Besides, no one can say no to him—I am not sure why but he told me that his name is enough to let them say yes. Weird—because when I hear his name—I don’t say yes most of the time. Like last time when he told me to go to his condo for sleepover—I have papers to finish so I say no to him.

 

“How many more hours do we need to wait na khrab Plan? Aren’t you hungry? I can buy burger for you na khrab,” Mean asked me with his bored voice. I glared at him, “You are still not forgiven Mean. If you are bored na khrab just go home. Ai’Gun and I can grab a taxi later to go back home.” I don’t like it when Mean has this attitude. If he doesn’t like to be with me—then go home already.

 

He sighs, “It’s late already Plan, do you really expect me to let my boyfriend and his friend to go back home riding an unknown car? No khrab!” but he is so stubborn. The hairstylist giggles when she heard our conversation but I didn’t really care about it. Ai’Gun on the other hand is sitting on the other far side of the salon so only me and Mean are talking right now.

 

Mean suddenly whisper something to me which makes my small eyes bigger, “You know na Plan—remember the guy that visited P’Mark last time?” I nod, “I found out that he is P’Mark’s ex-boyfriend,” “what????” I controlled my voice so that Ai’Gun will not hear me. I know that Ai’Gun isn’t interested with P’Mark but he also doesn’t like to hear P’Mark’s name. I am being a good friend here.

 

“Chai Plan—so I asked P’August what was happening and he said that P’Mark has been meeting his ex-continuously. Also—P’ said that P’Mark’s attitude is changing these days and he thinks it’s because of his ex-boyfriend na khrab. Actually—I don’t want Ai’Gun to hear about this because I think P’Mark only used him na khrab as fall back before. I think P’Mark wasn’t really in love na khrab with Ai’Gun—maybe infatuation but not love because if he really love Ai’Gun—he will do something by now and not meet up with his ex—khrab!” I nod again and again and I actually get what my boyfriend is trying to say.

 

Now I feel bad for my friend, “What should we do na Mean? I don’t want Ai’Gun to find out about this na khrab.” I asked him because he is way smarter than me. Mean smirks, “We can talk about this later Plan. Do you want to come over later to my condo? I promise—we can think about Ai’Gun’s problem and we can go to Songkran together tomorrow—what do you think?” a suddenly sleepover?

 

I think first, “Okay khrab!” before answering. Mean looks so happy by the way but I am not complaining. I am always glad to see Mean so happy because his smile is so cute.

 


 

After 3 hours, our hair is done and all I can say is, “WOW AI’GUN!!!” because the color makes him paler than usual. He smiles at me, “Good thing I searched for good hair color na khrab. But yours looks so good too na Ai’Plan. You should style it very well.” I knew this hair color will suit me well. Actually Mean wasn’t so supportive before but now, “Of course—my Plan will always look good at any hair color na khrab!” He sounds like my Pa when he found out that I got into my university.

 

Ai’Gun acted like he is throwing up, “Yuck! Your sweetness is making me puke na woie!” he said and all I do is laugh, “You really need to find a lover na khrab soon Ai’Gun,” I said before we started walking towards the restaurant that I forced mean to treat us. “I want Japanese cuisine—hummm or Chinese cuisine—or Italian—woieeee I am not sure what I want, Ai’Gun help me!!!” I complained while thinking hard.

 

Ai’Gun is walking a bit far from us because Mean and I are holding hands and it’s weird if I will also hold Ai’Gun’s hand, “Humm—can’t we just go to buffet na khrab so that we don’t need to choose? I like every food na woie~” I am so amazed, “WOW AI’GUN!! YOU ARE REALLY MY FRIEND!! SO SMART!!” I show him my thumbs up and he looks so proud. But my boyfriend is not saying anything—well whatever, I can choose what I want.

 

We were walking to the third floor of the mall when Ai’Gun suddenly run and disappear. He is acting weird, “What happened?” I asked Mean but he also shakes his head. “I don’t know~” he said. I quickly grab my phone in my back pocket to call Ai’Gun but his number cannot be reach.

 

“Plan—hide!!” I suddenly feel a strong force and suddenly I am behind the pillar near the Thai oriental restaurant. “Why?” i asked Mean but he only point his finger in front, “Oh no! Is that—” “Khrab—P’Mark and his ex-boyfriend,” and suddenly I know why Ai’Gun suddenly disappear.

 

P’Mark is walking happily together with his ex-boyfriend. They are talking with smiles on their faces, “Mean—what should we do?” I can only rely at my boyfriend.

 


 

I AM SO DISTRACTED BY MY FRIENDS CHATTING HAHAHHAHA!!!!