Rules of the Competition

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Hi everyone! So last chapter was pretty important and I know some of you were in shock cause it was definitely a longer chapter than I am used to writing. I make up for it this time with a really short chapter.

I tried to reply to everyone's comments. Please forgive me if I missed out something. I hope you don't mind me replying with my silly statements on the characters. 

Also, it might not have been too obvious but something did happen between Yifeng and Isa at the end of the last chapter but I just couldn't bring myself to explicitly write it. I'm sure you've realised by now - I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to this sort of thing. Haha - I am going to try my best moving forward. 

And finally to you awesome readers - stay awesome and thanks for taking the time to read and comment and upvote.

 

When Yifeng and September arrived back on the island it was approaching 11 PM and besides Yimin practising piano with Mika, no one else was around. Yifeng retired for the night. He was tired from being out in the sun most of the day. September wanted to go have a bath, to wash off the entire day but she stopped in to listen to Yimin's playing. When she lived on the island, she'd been responsible for his lessons. 

Yimin stopped playing when September came into the dining room. “Has brother gone to bed?” September nodded. Yimin turned to Mika, “You can retire for the night. I’d like Isa to teach me for a little.” 

“Of course,” Mika quietly left them. 

September slipped onto the stool beside him. 

“Your friends were very worried about you.” Yimin started to play Sonata 14. September watched his technique. It had improved since she’d left. He must have practised like this in the night - when his brother couldn’t critique or pinch his hand when he hit G instead of A. 

“They will realise it’s no use worrying.” 

Yimin stopped playing and September took over to cover their conversation in case Mika was still lurking around. “Do you think I would be a good leader?” 

“What would be one of the first things you’d do?” 

“I’d…” he hesitated, ‘I’d set you all free. Or ask if you wanted to remain with me or leave.” he watched her hands float across the keys, back and forth.

“You’d be a good leader because you realise you cannot force people to your side only to stand behind you in the shadows.” 

“Isa did Yifeng...today...you know that thing?” he dropped his voice to a whisper. He had big eyes and filled with fear for what he was already imagining. 

September lifted his hands back onto the keys, “Shall we play something else?" 

“Jingle Bells,” Yimin suggested. 


***

Hana stood out on the porch watching Davi dance a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter