His Right Shoulder

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They woke early and managed to recreate and reposition their state of entrapment before they arrived with the blade and master key to set them free. Everyone stepped closer to September, “You. Captain.” the guard pointed at Baekhyun, “Come with me.” 

“Nooo.” Everyone cried out. Hana remained silent as Baekhyun was led away. 

“Do something.” Sung-kyung turned to September...

Baekhyun turned back and flashed them a winning smile, “This is good.” he assured them. “I’ll be right back.” 

September clenched her fists and moved forward. 

“I was instructed to shoot if you move,” a second guard stepped into the room. 

Hana nodded at Sung-kyung, “You’re with me. I’ll show you to your quarters. Master Yixing will want to orientate you to island life this morning.” 

Sung-kyung clasped September’s hands and followed Hana. 

The door was locked again. 

“I’ll have a wash first.” Davi said quietly, “Don’t worry that guy is a survivor. He managed to get onto this island and so far as I can tell, he’s got everyone dancing to his tune.” 

***

Baekhyun was escorted downstairs and outside where Zhang Yifeng waited out in the cool morning for him. “I thought we’d take a walk. Get to know one another.” 

Baekhyun had to work hard to keep the hatred from his eyes. All he thought when he saw Zhang Yifeng was DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!

Yifeng didn’t bring up last night’s incident. In fact, he didn’t reprimand Baekhyun, say how he would punish Baekhyun - nothing. It was unnerving. 

“My family has owned this island for generations but it was Yixing and I who decided to settle here. Yixing goes off to the mainland every now and then but besides a trip to Venice to take in the European circuit, I’m here. My wife, Davi remains on the island all year round…”
“Doesn’t she like to travel?” 

“Just try and get her to leave!” Yifeng laughed. He was scarily charming. His voice was measured and soft. He spaced his words out equally and perfectly. It dipped here and rose there - and his ear went along with that rhythm. It was only later that he realised Zhang Yifeng was seducing him. 

 “You are here now. I understand you boarded the ship quite by accident?” he also put words in people’s mouths and Baekhyun got the feeling that he wasn’t supposed to contradict anything so he nodded. 

“Well, I suppose that’s the adventurer in you. And now!” he opened his arms as they came to the edge of the garden and there was the ocean - as far as the eye could see. 

Yifeng gave him a little shove, a playful one but Baekhyun wasn’t expecting it.

“Careful.” Yifeng stepped back, observing him with guarded eyes, “We can’t have you falling. A celebrity footballer...what would people say?” 

Baekhyun glanced behind him. It was a steep drop. A fatal one. 

“I want us to spend as much time together as possible,” Yifeng told Baekhyun as they arrived at a small table where coffee was waiting to be served. “You’re here anyway. The schedule is wrapped around three things.” He held up a hand. Baekhyun waited. “Meals - entertainment or leisure and - sleeping or nightly rituals.” 

Yifeng pulled a small bell out his robe’s pocket and rang it. He was wearing an elaborate blue velvet robe over his suit. His hair was brushed back with a left-sided coif. He also wore eyeliner. Baekhyun was 100% sure of it. He was beautiful to look at. ing bastard. Die. Die. Die!!!

A butler appeared and served the coffee. “Tell someone, I don’t care who, that by this lunch September must assume her posit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter