And then...Boom

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Will you be able to get into the apartment tomorrow?” September asked Baekhyun. 

“Isa…” 

“I have a feeling President Wu saw Lilly Kim right before he went missing or...” 

“Isa...are you okay? Wait, what?” Baekhyun glanced at her panicked, “Are you sure? How do you know?” 

“I checked the footage for Lilly Kim’s apartment building and there is no footage…” 

“Then how?” Baek interrupted. His pulse was racing. This was so ing exciting. He almost felt guilty when hyung was probably out there missing - almost.

“I mean, there’s no footage at all for the night that President Wu went out so should we assume that someone deliberately erased it?” 

“OMO, omo, otoke!!!!” Baekhyn wrung his hands and then quickly returned them to the steering wheel. “But then how can we prove it?”

September sighed heavily and looked out the window and the night scene, “We can’t, not unless you find something in the apartment. It’s a long shot. We might not find anything.”
“Then we can’t prove it but Isa this means the others were right all this time. We can’t let hyung marry her!” 

“We can’t go to Director Jongin on a hunch.”
“Sehun plans to step back tomorrow. He’s gonna tell hyung to do what he wants - nicely.” Baekhyun quickly shot her a concerned look, “You know he doesn’t care about that woman anymore. Knowing Sehunah, he didn’t end it at all. You understand? He should end things properly so that there’s no misunderstanding later. You don’t want someone throwing water on your face.”  

September laughed bitterly, “Why would I bother getting upset? It’s good that he has Madame Xi. I'm leaving. I don’t expect the Director to deny himself. The Song Estate needs an heir.” 

“Yah!” Baekhyun hated hearing her like this, “You’re a really pessimistic person you know.” 

“What does someone like me have to be optimistic about?” 

“You have Sehun. Aish, do you know how many women will cry if they realised he’s off the market?” 

September shoved his shoulder. 

“I’m driving here!” he laughed despite himself. He couldn't help it around her. He was sad but then laughed, he was angry but then felt at peace, he was confused but had moments of clarity. She was good for him. “Hey, I’m the only one allowed to be sad. My wife died. Did your wife die?” she shook her head, “Then don’t act so full of it.” 

“I think, I just might, probably...” the words tumbled out before she even realised or could make sense of the overwhelming emotions she felt toward him,  “you know toward you- like a brother.” 

“Out of nowhere,” Baekhyun thumped his chest, “I think, I just might - probably...also you know...like a sister.” he smiled softly over at her. 

“She curled her legs up on the seat, “Can you drive around?” 

“Sure, anywhere?” 

“Anywhere.” September rested her head against the window and rubbed her arms up and down, “Tomorrow we will get you into that apartment.” 

“What if she makes me disappear too?” Baek joked nervously. He switched on the heater, “You’re the only one who knows what we’re doing. I could just vanish. People would think I lost it over Hyeran.” 

She closed her eyes, “Less talking - more driving.” 

***

Kai searched the crowd for Lilly and located her talking to Xi Miranda. Ironic, that his fiance and Sehun’s on the side were getting along. Satisfied Lilly was taken care off, he ducked under the do not cross rope and walked up the stairs of the store, he’s seen Sung-kyung go up a couple of minutes ago.

Sung-kyung turned when she heard someone approaching, “No one’s allowed up here…” 

“Even an old friend?” Kai asked as he came into view. 

“You’re taking a risk? What if your fiance notices you’re missing? Go away Kaiah. You made it clear that you’re staying with her. I will keep my promise and design the dress if - Lilly still wants me too.” 

“Why did you come up here?” Kai came up behind her, “You should be down there celebrating yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter