A Common Enemy

Golden Quill - The Leaders (GQ3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowd was unaware of the confusion caused by Taemin’s arrival and surrounded Sung-kyung, congratulating her, asking for a tour of the store. Some ladies wanted to find out if she was taking on any new private clients. Sung-kyung was used to it and answered their questions with ease. Minah had invited all her publisher and media friends and leaving her family to sort out the Taemin mess, went with Taehyung and Jungkook to facilitate a media briefing. 

Lilly had gone off to chat with the models. She’d met the popular idols before and wanted to say hi before they were whisked away by their manager. Kai had seen Lee Taemin arrive, but really couldn’t be bothered. He’d sort out his issues with his so-called uncle at the competition. 

His feet moved on their own and he found himself in the store where the media interviews were taking place. Leaning against a pillar he admired how the store turned out, from the lighting to the displays, the flooring, the way the second floor was open, with a full view of Haneul’s chandelier. Those punks really knew how to flex. He realised suddenly and his heart swelled, that he missed them. They were his family. When his parents were gone, they were all he’d have. He imagined how much fun it must have been to sit around planning this store, arguing over details with disputes most likely settled through fighting it out. He chuckled softly to himself. 

‘What’s so funny?” Sehun came to stand beside him. Kai wanted to sling an arm around his shoulder as he did so many times in the past but now there was a wall between them. “Sung-kyung is a natural.” Sehun admired her easy way with the media. They loved her. She smiled and batted her lashes dramatically. 

“Taehyung samchon really soaks it up doesn’t he?” Baekhyun pushed his way between them and closed his arms around his brother’s waists. They were too tall for him. He pulled them closer to him. Neither Kai nor Sehun protested. 

Sehun cleared his throat, “Can we meet tomorrow - hyung?” Kai’s eyes widened. Sehun called him hyung! “There’s something I want to chat with you. I hope you will have the time…” 

Baekhyun looked up at Kai, waiting for his response. 

“I’ll make the time,” Kai said.

Baekhyun checked his phone, “I’m going home. My ride’s here.” 

No one tried to convince him to stay. He’d done well coming out tonight. It was a big crowd and most of the media had been respectful and kept their distance from the celebrity footballer. 

Sehun walked Baekhyun out, “You’re really gonna tell Kaiah its okay to marry Lilly Kim?” 

Sehun laughed shortly, “Baek...when you say it like that doesn’t it make me sound like a completely ridiculous person?” they cracked up laughing, “Who am I to do all this all over some woman?” 

“You’ve never trusted Lilly Kim…” Baek hesitated, should he mention his suspicions about the model? He shook his head, Isa had said not to. Maybe she’d found something at the Woo Estate...but what if Sehun was right to fear Lilly and if Sehun gave Kai the go-ahead tomorrow, wouldn’t it be his fault for not saying anything? 

“Sehunah…” 

The brothers turned and saw Miranda, “Get rid of her,” Baekhyun warned and exited to the undercover parking. 

Sehun waited for Miranda, “Hi!” she smiled warmly and taking a quick look around slid her arms around his waist and pressed her cheek against his chest, “Ah...I’ve missed this smell.” 

Sehun at first wanted to push her away, but then he softened. Miranda didn’t know he was married, or that he’d stopped falling for her a long time ago. It happens, you experience an attraction, it’s awe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter