Confused

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLMXfnOrX4

------

Your eyes flew open. You sat up with a gasp spilling from your lips. You looked around the room and then down at yourself. You were still in your party dress from last night.

*Last night.* You remembered the wonderful banquet, the heartfelt gifts, the lighthearted laughter, and then…it all crashed down in that one moment when Kris had confessed the truth. *I’m half-alien, and Kai is my half-brother.*

Your shoulders sagged at the heavy weight of reality.

With a downcast sigh, you got up and headed to the bathroom for a hot shower. After washing and dressing, you sat on your bed. Your hair was still slightly damp. You looked around, at loss of what to do. *It’s only 6 in the morning. I don’t know what I’m doing up so early. I wish I could have slept more. Being awake is confusing.* You looked to your nightstand and saw the picture of your dad. You knew what you wanted to do then.

Quickly, you got ready for a trip to visit your dad. You put your backpack on and silently crept out of your room. You paused, trying to hear if any of the aliens were awake. Everyone still seemed to be asleep. *I wonder if Kai…* You tip-toed towards Exo-K’s bedroom. Biting your lip, you twisted open the door with great care.

The door creaked, and you slightly flinched. *Please don’t let anyone have woken up.*

Cautiously, you poked your head around the door. You spotted only five sleeping bodies in the room. Your shoulders drooped in disappointment. *Kai didn’t come home last night.* With a dreary sigh, you shut the door and left on your journey.

You bought a train ticket to your destination. The train was mostly empty, except for a few passengers. You sat in one of the empty booths by the window. Slowly, the train began to move, and you let your mind wander away.

Out of nowhere, you heard a bunch of giggles. You turned your head towards the noise. Two small children were jumping and running while trying to shoot each other with the water gun. The girl seemed to be about seven years old whilst the boy didn’t seem older than five. The mother looked weary with a haggard, pale face and wrinkles under her bloodshot eyes. “Haemi, Jiwon, sit down, please. We are in a train. I told you that you can’t play around like this.” She met eyes with you and gave you a small, apologetic smile, as if she was saying, “Children? But what can we do about them?”

You gave her a warm, assuring smile that it was okay. You watched as the children continued to tease each other.

“Take that! And that!” The girl squired the gun in her little brother’s face.

"Mom! Noona shot me in the face!” The boy whined.

“You did it first!” The girl stuck her tongue out.

“Did not!” He protested. “Did, too!” She argued.

The blame game continued until the mother couldn’t take it anymore. She forced them to sit next to her and scolded them for being a disturbance to the other passengers.

You shifted your attention back out to the passing scenery. The sun was rising towards the sky. *Another day. Why do I feel as if everything changed though? Everything will never be the same now.* You turned your gaze to the children once again. They had fallen asleep already.

The boy was leaning her head against his sister’s shoulder, and her head was resting on top of his. Their hands were lightly intertwined, and the callow brawl had been long forgotten.

Your expression softened. *I wonder…if Kai and I had been brother and sister from the beginning…would we have been like them? Fighting about the most immature things, but knowing that in the end, we’ll always have each other?*

You shook your head to take your mind off such questions. *It’s useless pondering such questions now. Just like this train, Kai and I have to move forward.* You weren’t sure it would be an easy passage though.

 --------------

Meanwhile, Exo had woken up. They presumed that you were still asleep and left you alone.

Suho finished making breakfast, “Sehun, can you call Star?”

His eyes rounded, “M-me?!” He wasn’t sure how to approach you in this situation.

“I’ll go.” Chanyeol offered. He jogged upstairs and tapped on your door. “Star, can I come in?”

There was no answer. Luhan came out of his room, “Mei-mei is still asleep?”

*I think so.* Chanyeol nodded and knocked again, “Star, Suho hyung made breakfast. You can go back to sleep afterward.” Again, there was no reply. Chanyeol felt that something was wrong. Without another warning, he burst into your room. His eyes widened.

You had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter