Are we falling apart?

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy34SeRXsBc

-------

By the time you and Kris came back to Seoul, it was night. As soon as you stepped into the house, Chanyeol greeted you with a tight embrace. “Star, you’re all right!”

You blinked in surprise but softened and patted his back. “I’m perfectly fine, Yeol. You got my note, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, but,” He pulled back and gazed into your eyes with anxious eyes, “I was still nervous about you.”

“Star!” Suho, D.O., and Sehun ran over. “Hey, guys.” You waved. Suho softened, “Are you…all right?”

“I’m fine now.” You smiled. “I’m sorry for worrying you. I went to see my dad.”

Suho eyed Kris *Not alone, I see.* His gaze shifted back to you. “You should go check up on Kai.” Your face fell and you grew worried, “Why? Did something happen while I was gone?” “He wasn’t pleased you left.” Suho said.

“But I left a note-“

“Yeah, a note.” D.O. crossed his arms with a slight frown, “You didn’t respect us by telling us face-to-face.” Chanyeol stared at D.O. Sehun elbowed him, “Hyung, don’t blame Star.” He uneasily glanced at Chanyeol. He remembered how furious Chanyeol had been when Kris had kissed you. He didn’t want Chanyeol’s wrath to hurt D.O.

“I’ll go see him now.” You headed upstairs.

Exo-M worriedly watched you go up there. The rest of Exo-K went into the kitchen. Exo-M walked up to Kris.

“Good job, duizhang! I bet you scored some points with mei-mei!” Xiumin grinned, earning a slap in the head from Lay. “Ow! What?!” Xiumin yelped. Lay rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Luhan worriedly looked at Kris, “Do you think it’s all right to leave them alone? Kai was really upset. You don’t think he would hurt her, do you?”

Kris remained silent. He doubted Kai would hurt you, yet he grew edgy. *If he does, he’ll answer to me.*

You lightly rapped on Exo-K’s door, “Kai, are you in there?” You waited half a beat, and when he didn’t answer, you said, “I’m coming in.” You twisted the doorknob and slowly opened the door. The room was dark. *Huh? Is Kai not here?* You the light to find Kai sitting on his bed. “Oh!” You jumped at the sight of him. You put a hand over your thumping heart, “You startled me.” You paused then asked, “What are you doing in the dark?”

Carefully, you shut the door behind you and walked towards him. Kai didn’t answer. He just stared straight ahead with a vacant expression. You sat next to him on the edge of the bed and peered at his face, “Are you all right? I heard you were mad.”

*Mad doesn’t even cut it.* Kai growled in his mind.

You continued, “I understand that you’re upset. You have plenty of reason to be. I wasn’t thinking clearly then. I just wanted to be alone-“

“But you weren’t alone!” Kai hissed.

You furrowed your eyebrows, “What?”

“Just go to your precious soulmate and forget about me, like you always do.” Kai snapped.

You grew confused, “What are you talking about?”

Kai got up and strode towards the door. You quickly followed suite and grabbed his arm, “Kai, wait-“

He spun around with rage in his eyes, “Go to your damn soulmate and leave me alone!”

Before he could leave, you grabbed his arm and spun him around. “What the hell is your problem?! Why are you pushing me away?!” You sneered. Kai refused to even meet your eyes now. “You really want me to leave? Fine. I’ll do what you want. I’ll go to my ‘soulmate;” You walked past him.

Kai felt his heart cave in. *No.* He grabbed your wrist. You stopped.

“No…” Kai whispered, “Don't go…”

You inhaled and turned around. Kai looked dejected and helpless. You felt bad for him. You walked back towards him. “Look at me, Kai.” You whispered. You placed one hand on his cheek, and he lifted his chin up to meet your eyes. Your searched his hurtful eyes. “What’s going on? Why do you keep mentioning Kris? I thought you were mad at me because I left without telling you guys face-to-face, not because of Kris.”

“I’m not mad at you.” Kai confessed, “I’m frustrated because that damn bastard keeps coming between you and me.” Your eyes slightly rounded in surprise. Kai sighed and looked away in shame. “I feel like things are changing between us, Star. We used to be close. There was no one between us. I knew you best, and you were always in my sight. I’m here trying to love you as best as I can, but it seems like your attention is always on someone else. I’m waiting for you, Star. I’m waiting for you to see me. It’s not in my nature to be patient, but I’m trying so damn hard for you. Whenever you call, I’ll be there. And yet, someone else is always saving you. I hate the idea that we’re growing apart, and it kills me to think that someone else will replace me in your life.”

You softened. You had never heard such a heartbreaking confession before. *Poor Kai. He seems so tough and apathetic that I never noticed him suffering in the background. And he’s always there for me. I feel so ashamed.* You reached out and grasped his wrist,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter