Even if you weren't my destiny, I would make you my destiny

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdtfTcyKLvk&feature=related

-------

A few people couldn’t sleep that night, and Kris was one of them. He stared up at the ceiling, expressionless but preoccupied with different thoughts. His chest felt like it would explode with too many feelings. *I can’t take this anymore.*

Kris sighed and sat up. He looked outside. It was like the night air was calling him. *I need air…I need to fly.* Kris slipped on his jacket and left the house. Meanwhile, you were having trouble falling asleep also.

“ARGH!” You kicked your blankets off of you. It was un-ladylike behavior but you didn’t care. You sat up and slapped your head several times *Why can’t I sleep?! Turn off, brain! Come on!* You lay back down, pulled the blanket back over you, and shut your eyes.

Ten minutes passed, and you started to twitch. *I give up. I can’t sleep right now.* You sighed and opened your eyes.

Wearily, you got up and slipped your bare feet in a pair of white flats. Then quietly, you crept out of your room. Warily, you glanced side to side for any sign of life. *Is anybody else awake? Maybe Baekhyun?* You keenly hoped.

However, all you heard was Tao’s snore and knew there was no one else awake in the house.

Your shoulders slumped in disappointment. *Whatever. I can stay awake by myself. I can heat up some milk.* You tip-toed downstairs in the darkness. You reached the first floor and held out your arms like a zombie. You felt your way to the kitchen but ended up bonking your face in the wall. “Oof-ow!” You rubbed your sore nose with an annoyed pout. *That hurt.*

Grumbling to yourself, you entered the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. You poured milk into a glass and stuck it in the microwave. You leaned against the counter and crossed your arms as you waited for the milk to heat up.

Coincidentally you glanced outside and did a double take. *What is that?* You came closer to the window. In the moonlight’s shadow, you could see a tall, dark silhouette. You scrutinized the shadow, and your eyes widened. *Can it be…Kris?!*

 -------------

Kris came onto the rooftop of your home. He walked across and stopped at the edge. The breeze drifted by and seemed to calm his heart. Kris deeply inhaled and shut his eyes as he held out his arms. *At least, I feel at peace. It was so stifling in there. It seems as if everyone blames me for what happened tonight. I don’t care about the others. All I want is for Haebin to trust me…* He opened his eyes and looked at his right hand.

The ring glistened underneath the moonlight. The wind passed by and he curled his fingers to ‘catch’ it. But the fickle wind slipped through his fingers and rustled past him. *How am I supposed to reveal everything to Haebin? There’s so much that she doesn’t know. You never told me, Ara. You never told me she would be clueless about our world. You never told me she would not know about you. You never told me…she would be so beautiful and captivating.*

His intense gaze softened and his eyebrows creased together in the middle with concern and worry. *I don’t want to hurt her. You said it was my duty to protect her and to cherish her. But what if by telling her everything…it opens up a wound in her heart? I don’t want to be the reason that her smile disappears. I want to do what you told me to do and more. I want to be her castle. I want to keep her safe in my walls and let nothing, even something so trifle, ever harm her. How do I do that, Ara? Guide me…show me…*

“Having a spiritual moment?” A voice broke his thoughts.

Kris lifted up his chin and saw you. You smoothed your nightgown and glanced around, “So bothersome coming up here. You aliens are lucky. You can just jump up here whenever you want.” Kris’s gaze softened. *Thank you, Ara. You answered my call.*

You looked up at him and noticed him staring at you in a gentle manner that he had never looked at you before. *Don’t tell me our kiss changed him into a love-struck monster.* You warily stepped back, “What?”

“…I didn’t jump up here. I flew.” Kris stated but his tone was soft.

You stuck out your tongue, “Well I’m sorry, Mister Angry Bird!”

Kris lightly rolled his eyes and chuckled to himself.

You warily walked over, “What are you doing out here?”

“Probably the same reason why you are out here instead of sleeping.” He lightly shrugged.

“You wanted milk?” You innocently blinked. Kris raised an eyebrow at you.

You waved your hand, “I was just pulling your leg.” “My what?” He inquired.

“Your- never mind. It’s an idiomatic expression FOR HUMANS. You wouldn’t get it. Aliens.” You muttered the last part and shook your head.

The chilly breeze passed by. You shivere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter