Greatest Fear

My Crazy Hot Aliens II: The Invasion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj_V9RL5jo

-------

Kai tried hard to switch roles from lover to brother.

However, he wasn’t trying in the way you wanted him to.

Instead of coming back to his joking, sarcastic self, Kai was more distant than ever. He avoided you like you were the plague. He hardly smiled. He tried to do everything that would evade confrontation with you.

The further he went; the closer to you went to him.

You smiled brighter. You joked too often. You weren’t sarcastic towards him but kind and patient.

Whatever he wanted you to do, you would do it.

The problem was…Kai wouldn’t even talk to you.

You felt like you were up a creek without a paddle. There was just no way that Kai would return to normal again. You felt hopeless and helpless, but you tried harder than ever because that was how much you believe in him.

Everyone noticed the change in the atmosphere, but they didn’t know how to deal with it either.

Finals were just around the corner. After studying in the library, you met up with Suho, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol.

“Why don’t we go eat waffles?” You suggested. “Yes!” Chanyeol cheered.

Laughing, you lightly punched his arm, “I knew you would be up for it.”

The four of you headed towards the café outside of campus. Coming out of the math building, you spotted someone familiar. Your eyes widened with hope. “Hey, Kai! KAI!” You called. You broke free from Chanyeol and ran towards him.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Suho stayed back and warily watched you run up to Kai.

Would he talk to you this time or ignore you again?

“Kai oppa!” You grabbed his arm. Kai became rigid at once.

“Hey! Are you done with class?!” You plastered a wide smile on your face, “Yeol, Baekhyun, Suho, and I are going to get waffles! You should come with us!”*I’ve never seen someone try so hard to please someone.* Suho thought.

Kai twisted away from you. Your expression froze, and your hand hung in mid-air. “No thanks.” Without even a glance, Kai hurried away. You stayed frozen in that spot like a statue. The rejection stung.

Chanyeol pressed his lips in a firm line and walked towards you. Gently, he placed your hanging hand back down by your side. He slipped his hand into yours and squeezed your hand comfortingly. “Come on, Star. I’m hungry for waffles. Let’s go.” He tugged on your hand, breaking you free from your numb daze. “Huh? Oh. All right.”

Suho and Baekhyun glanced at each other worriedly and followed you and Chanyeol.

 -----------

That night, you were at the PC room all by yourself. Your history book was wide open, and you had a final ten-page literature paper due in less than a week. Yet, you couldn’t seem to concentrate on anything. Your mind was only focused on Kai. *He keeps avoiding me. I know he said that it would take a while for him to adjust to all this…but I didn’t know he meant he would act as a stranger the entire time. I don’t know what to do anymore.*

You sighed in depression.

“Star.” A gentle voice called. You directed your gaze upwards. You sat up straighter at the sight of him, “Baekhyun.”

“I brought you something to eat and drink.” He held out a brown paper bag of strawberry pastries and a paper cup of white chocolate latte. Baekhyun came around the corner and sat in the empty chair next to you.

“What about the others?” You asked. *What about Kai?*

“They’re at home.” Baekhyun assured. *Including Kai.*

You nodded. “Here. Drink this first.” Baekhyun handed you the warm drink, and you took a careful sip.

Baekhyun opened the paper bag, took a napkin, and folded it around one of the pastries. “Here, eat.” He held the delicious bread out. You took it, but you couldn’t eat it.

“Why aren’t you eating?” Baekhyun asked. “Do you not like this pastry? I thought it was your favorite…I can go get another kind if you want.”

You shook your head, “Thanks…but no thanks. I’m not very hungry.” You placed the pastry back on the bag.

Baekhyun softened, “Is it…because of Kai?”

You lowered your head with a shameful nod. “He’s not talking to me, Baekhyun.” You sighed in frustration. “He refuses to look at me. It’s like I’m Medusa or something!” You shook your head and crossed your legs. “He wouldn’t even come with us today to eat waffles.”

Baekhyun gently touched your shoulder, “Maybe he had class.”

You shook your head, “He’s avoiding me, I know it. This doesn’t help anything though. He’s hurting himself…and he’s hurting me, too. I don’t like this. I feel like Kai will never be the same again. That’s my greatest fear. Losing him. I can feel him slipping away from my fingers already.” You looked down at your limp hands, “I was happy he was at least in my life as my brother…but I guess he doesn’t feel the same way.” You lowered your head in desolation.

Baekhyun grasped your hands and turned your chair towards him. He squeezed your hands in his big, reliable palms and pressed them together. “Be patient, Star. Kai needs some time. It’s not easy for him. Everyone has different ways of coping. Maybe this is his. Let’s just hope the old Kai comes back soon though. I miss him as much as you do.” You nodded in agreement.

“Now…” Baekhyun took the pastry and lightly wagged it. “Won’t you at least take one bite? If you eat this, I’ll buy you a Pucca pillow for your next birthday~”

You couldn’t help but chuckle. “I’ll eat it…if you’ll sing for me.”

“Deal.” Baekhyun smiled. He placed the pastry in your hands and lightly your cheek, “Eat, Star. You need energy if you’re going to study for the finals.” You gave him a small, grateful smile and took a tiny bite of the pastry.

 -------------

Late at night, you and Baekhyun closed u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter