38: I am Not Crazy

Calm Down Tiger

 

Hyuk’s POV

 

The cold war in our house is not over. I cannot even look at my brothers and Hae during breakfast and to think that it’s already Tuesday—it has been three days since we all fought. I was surprise to see Ai’Cap sitting with us during breakfast but I don’t need to ask why. He was probably eating breakfast with his ‘boyfriend’ for the past few days that we weren’t able to eat together. I am not that slow not to realize that my brothers were hiding something from me but I wasn’t ready for the outcome.

 

I am mad of course but I am more upset. Hae—I hope I can assure him that everything will be okay but not with my current state. I cannot even look at him because I am still hurt for what he did. I thought we will be able to talk the night after the confrontation but I found out the next day that he slept at my brother’s room. But honestly, I think it’s better this way. Hae and I need to be separated for a while because up until now—I still haven’t regret getting mad at him. I was hoping I will but I haven’t because I still feel bad for what he did.

 

I sigh and drink another glass of alcohol here in Ai’Singto’s house. I’ve been here since 4:00 pm and right now it’s almost 9:00pm, “Woie Ai’—you need to slow down a bit~” I heard Ai’Singto’s voice but I finished my glass first before looking at my friends. I told them that I have a problem and Ai’Krist was understanding enough to let us borrow their apartment. Right now, most of my friends are here. I put the glass down, “I don’t understand na khrab. Am I wrong?” I asked them feeling more problematic that I am right now. I’ve told them what happened—everything because I want to know their opinions.

 

Ai’Tor pats my shoulder, “You can only answer that Ai’.” But he is not so helpful so I look for other answer, “You know na Ai’, your brothers are so obedient to you na khrab for the past years. I am not sure if you are aware of this but I think you are making them feel suffocated na woie,” surprisingly, Ai’Off was able to pull off that comment. I sigh, “I only want what’s best for them,” so I don’t see myself as being pushy to them.

 

Ai’Yatch decided to sit beside me, “P’Hyuk, we all know that you are the protective kind of brother since university na khrab and we saw how much respect Nong Gun and Nong Cap have for you na P’ but you know—they are both growing up and soon they will live alone—you cannot say what to do to them na anymore P’,” Ai’Yatch has this kind of personality. He is very playful but serious when he needed to.

 

But what they are saying doesn’t make sense, “Let’s say they have their own lives—and I should not interfere anymore but how about Hae? How about him na khrab? I though he understands me! I thought he will not betray me na woie! I though he will be on my side—but he chose to support my brothers. He knew what happened to us in Korea and how hard it is up until now for us! Does he want my brothers to be the same with us?” I know—I know I shouldn’t be upset and maybe Hae just want to help us but he isn’t helpful at all.

A loud sound coming from the kitchen can be heard and soon Ai’Krist walks fast toward me and hit the table loudly using the glass full of water, “You drink this first!” he commanded me but—“I am not thirs—” “Drink it or I will force you!” I am not afraid of Ai’Krist but he looks so serious and Ai’Singto is gesturing behind him to drink up the water—so I did. I grab the glass full of water and drink it, “Feeling more relax now na P’?” he still sounds so mad and I don’t know why. Ai’Krist’s temper is still the same since we were in the university so I really admire Ai’Singto for keeping up with him for a long time.

 

I put down the empty glass of water, “Alaiwa?” I asked right away and Ai’Krist clenches his jaw, “Listen to me P’Bastard na khrab. I don’t know how P’Donghae might feel right now and I am not sure if he has the same sentiment as you right now P’ but one thing is for sure—you hurt him—more than you can imagine,” he didn’t even know Hae personally so how can he be sure? I only look at him—challenging but didn’t say a word—I forgot that this Ai’ isn’t afraid of challenges.

 

“Do you think P’ that you are mighty and all? Do you think you can tell people na khrab what to do and what not to do? Right now P’—you are being hypocrite na khrab! You are in a relationship with P’Donghae—he is a guy in case you don’t remember anymore. He loves you and you love him so why do you need to tell Nong Captain who to be his lover or not? Isn’t you are the one letting him know right now what would the society do when they found out that he is gay? Look at us na khrab P’—Singto and I—we are also in a relationship—we are both guys—what’s wrong about being in love and why do you need to be in between them P’? Also—P’Donghae—when you introduced him to your parents na you are letting him be part of your family. Do you even know why P’Donghae helped your brother? Because P’—he was probably concern about them because they are important to you!!” He is breathing fire now and I don’t know what information to process first.

 

He glared at me this time while everyone in the room is silent, “You shouldn’t introduced P’ to your family if you will just hurt him like he is an outsider. Did you even consider of being with him and making him part of your family P’?” I quickly answer this question, “Of course, I am not crazy not to let him be part of my family,” but I underestimated Ai’Krist, “Then why did you tell him that he shouldn’t interfere with your family affair P’? Why do you need to hurt him na woie? You are such a frustrating guy! If Singto does that to me—I am out! The relationship—regardless how long we’ve been—but if he will hurt me like that then I don’t think we need to continue na P’!” believe me when I say that I’ve tried to understand Ai’Krist. I wanted to understand him but I guess this is me, “There are things that you still as a lover shouldn’t be part of Ai’. I understand that you and also Hae are upset—but I am also upset. You haven’t felt being betrayed by all of the people you’ve trusted!” and I stand up—grab a can of beer on the way out before slamming the door hard.

 

“ARGHHHHHHH!!!!” I yelled in frustration outside their house. Talking to my friends just make more things complicated!!

 


 

I will all give you freedom to get mad at Hyuk because I am also mad at him! He is being a hard headed and stubborn. Very close minded person!!!!