74. One step at a time

This is the Choi Family

I know I kind of rushed Jeonghan's story a bit( a lot), and I don't really like how I wrote those chapters. But since they are already out and have been read, I won't be changing it until I finish this book. Since it has come to this, this chapter's style will be more informative on Jeonghan's case. 

------------

Since the first day Seungcheol and Jeonghan joined hands in fighting the Yoon family head, Jeonghan had been hovering over the fine line of ok and not ok. Is it okay to go against my own father? Is it okay for me to want something? He worried continuously about being selfish. At some point, somewhere in his brain told him. Why are you worried about being selfish? Since when have you ever been selfish? Think for yourself. But then again, not everything can be solved thinking about one thing this way or that way. It's not okay, you can't be selfish. Your parents raised you with the money their earned. Father is more important.

The precautions that Seungcheol took to find the most opportune time to reveal some key information was very elaborate. Jeonghan wouldn't trust anyone else but Seungcheol to do that job. When the time finally came, other incidents arose on both Seungcheol's family side and on Jeonghan's side. Wanting to just hide away and continue pretending, Jeonghan tried very hard to stay out of his father's eyes. He obeyed when called, he apologized when told to. 

He worried for Seungcheol since he couldn't find out much other than by word from gossipers, and he worried for the others around him. The day Mr. Choi had a press conference releasing the new heir to his company, Jeonghan thought that just maybe, the arrangement would be annulled. Yet, instead of being annulled, his father insisted on it some more. His father's brain is wired differently than his own. He must of noticed something that he didn't in this marriage. Without any reason, he was locked up again, cut off as if he wasn't hidden away enough. Being obedient didn't do nothing to fall into his father's grace. 

The next chance was coming. The moment he snuck a text to Seungcheol informing him of his father's schedule, his phone was confiscated and was really removed from society. It didn't matter if he couldn't foster feelings with Seungcheol his father decided. The marriage was going to happen anyway. It was just a little leeway his father gave him to enjoy the last of his freedom. Stuck in his room all day, nothing but a window to gaze out of, Jeonghan stared blankly.

Perhaps it would be better on the other side.

-------------

Although the days at the children's house were being passed slowly and happily, work outside was not that easy going. After making sure Jihoon, Wonwoo and the kids are all green light, he could finally get back to the tasks at hand. His company has been saved for the time being, his father has run off to god knows where. After the last text from Jeonghan, he hasn't heard from him at all. No matter how hard he tried to find him, it was impossible. And this only meant that Yoon father must have locked him up right next to him. 

The next chance was the coming event. It was a high profile party, an anniversary of a museum's opening. Seungcheol attended them often as a kid, but as an adult he'd been slipping away. But when he was younger, he knew why he was sent home and his parents stayed out for a couple more hours. Drinking. 

Hiring a photographer with a good nose for scandals, he was going to start the snowball that will roll down the hill.

----------------

The event was a success, the photographer got the right pictures and the plan could once again start. 

HEADLINES

The Yoon conglomerate head is out late at night! Read more to find out what happened!

On the evening of the Museum of Arts Anniversary celebration, the after party moved to the high end bar, Play Time. As usual, the top contributing families would go together and have some fun, drinking and eating. However, the usual Mrs. Yoon wasn't present. It seemed like a normal men's night out, but instead of their own wives, these men where holding other women!! What happened to the honest and loving men who loves their wives dearly? Here are several photos of that night.

Smack dab in the middle, the largest picture had Mr. Yoon and a blurred woman in his arms. 

--------------

This was only the beginning. Calling on the media, the previously used investigations were pulled up again. The man had several instances of fraud. Tax fraud and evasion, bribery and laundering, now bad character is tagged to his face, he can't possible come back again. The auditors from the government took action again, this time with a new team so that there weren't any biases and moles left to change evidence. 

Mr. Yoon was arrested on those accounts and was to be further investigated. Instead of fighting for her husband's release, she was very bitter about finding out about her man and idled at home for a while as punishment. When she did come up to say something, the reporters basically locked her in asking repeatedly if she knew anything about the money laundering and other unlawful things that her husband had done. In the end, in order to not drag mud onto herself, she cried pitifully telling them again and again that she didn't know anything, hoping for other people's sympathy and maybe getting the police off her back as an accomplice. 

At that moment, she had the brilliant idea of blaming everything on her husband, trying to get away from all of the mess. The man in jail was beyond angry and with a few phone calls, she was found guilty as well. Now with both heads of the family away, the housekeepers and bodyguards had no one to turn to for their salary. Releasing the young master, there was still something they could do, but the moment Jeonghan was freed, he fired all of them. Well, to put it nicer, he straight up told them that the company doesn't have his name on it, his father left him nothing, there isn't anything in any bank that could continue to pay them their salaries. 

Reporters once again swarmed the family home trying to get a glimpse of the sole witness to the entire case, hoping for some words. As the housekeepers and guards were willing to testify for Jeonghan, he really had nothing to do with his father and mother. He was just pitifully locked up and suppressed for a very long time. Eventually more and more stories of how he was treated by his own family surfaced, from family friends and rivals. Half were true, the other half were exaggerations but he could careless. He was still trapped at home with all those reporters squatting outside.

Left with only the things in the house, he was going to contact Seungcheol first, when the noise outside escalated. Someone else outside was causing a ruckus. Taking a peek out with the many security cameras of this house, the one person he least expected to come was here. Joshua was at his front step. The noise outside started making sense. 

Did Choi Seungcheol send you here?! Are the two still getting married?! Mr. Hong! A word!

Not thinking anything else, he opened the door. 

"Joshua!"