8. My ex from LA...

This is the Choi Family

Seungcheol was visiting his company(CSC Ent.) when he received a call from his dad. Sighing as he picked up the phone, he prepared to listen to his father's nonsense. 

"Hello?" 

"Ah, son! How have you been?" His father's chipper voice replied. Ah, his father's voice did nothing but sour his mood.

Seungcheol pinched his glabella. Gritting his teeth he answered, "I'm doing perfectly fine." His dad chuckled on the other end. 

"Son, I've got good news for you." 

"I've got bad news for you, dad." He retorted angrily.

"Huh? What bad news?" Seungcheol cleared his throat, ready for a rant. 

"I thought you were going on a short trip before the adopted kids arrived. What is this world tour that I'm now informed of? Why did you leave the kids to live on their own? They are only children!! Why are you doing this?! I really can't understand you!!" 

Silence. His dad must of realized that he read the letter left for the children.

When his father didn't reply even after a few minutes(seconds really, Seungcheol has no patience), he yelled. "DAD!!" 

"Sigh... son. Seungcheol. They are doing fine. I'm giving them enough money. They can hire anyone if they need to." Seungcheol's blood boiled. His father was outrageous. How are children suppose to be capable of looking for help when they don't even know what help they need?

"YOU-" "Son! Forget about that! I have good news." Breathing out, he forced himself to stay on the line. 

"What." 

"You're getting married!!" 

If he was drinking something, this would be the perfect time for a spit take. 

"ME?!!" he choked out.

"Yes, you." 

"WHY?!" 

"It's for the good of the company. The Yoon Industries are interested in a collaboration and your marriage will seal the deal." 

Seungcheol regretted staying on the line. But then again, he didn't have a choice to begin with. 

"I...its going to happen regardless as what I say...right?" Sighing in defeat, he knew his parents won't give in to him, they never have. 

"Here's an ultimatum. You marry their son, I leave you entertainment company alone. If not, you know what happens." 

CSC Entertainment was the only expansion his parents allowed. It was the only bit of freedom that he got from his parents. It was entirely his. For something so precious to him, he would do anything. Then again, they always had to set things like ultimatums even though they knew he would obey.

"Fine. You said son right? Name." 

"Yoon Jeonghan." 

"Bye." 

Ending the call abruptly, Seungcheol speed walked back to his car. He was in no mood to work, and was certainly not in the right mind to see the children right now. Sighing for the nth time, he drove back home. Arriving home, his eyes landed on Joshua sitting on the couch head bobbing sleep slowly trying to take him. 

"Oh! Hey Cheol...." Joshua greeted as soon as he noticed the presence. 

"Hey Shua.... whacha doin'?"

"I'm trying to fight jet lag right now." he replied, shoving more chocolate in his mouth. Sugar seems to be the only thing keeping him awake. Seungcheol nodded and flopped in the seat next to him. 

"Got enough awake in you to listen to my life problems right now?" Joshua nodded. 

"Of course dear cousin. All ears." 

Laying his head on Joshua's shoulder, he explained the marriage conversation that happened before he arrived. 

"So, it seems I'm getting married." 

"With that ultimatum, I guess you have no choice." Joshua drummed his fingers on Seungcheol's arm in a soothing manner. 

"Your company means everything to you. How could he use that as a bargaining chip." Seungcheol continued to mope. 

"Cause he's my dad.... that's why." 

"He shouldn't have used it, you always listen to him anyway." Joshua shifted into a more comfortable position. 

"Did he say who you were marrying? What's the girl's name?" Seungcheol shook his head. 

"It's a boy." Squishing a pillow into his face, he muffled, "A guy named Yoon Jeonghan." Joshua stiffened. 

"Yoon...Jeonghan?" Seungcheol felt the subtle change. "Why? You know this guy?" Seungcheol probed. Joshua only looked down. After a moment of silence, Joshua decided to spill.

"Remember when I told you about my crush a couple years back?" 

"Yeah? The one you saw back in LA? The pretty long haired person who went to your coffee shop almost everyday with his friends?" He remembered, of course, Joshua was really infatuated. Once he started talking about his 'angel', he went on for hours.

"That....was Yoon Jeonghan." Seungcheol's eyes widened. 

"Wasn't he in LA? Why is he- wait he was a Yoon? Oh my gosh. Joshua!" Joshua wore a bittersweet smile. 

"It's okay. We only ever dated until he disappeared without a word." He answered with a roll of his eyes, pretending that it was nothing.

"You 2 went as far as dating?! This is not okay!! I can't marry the one you love!!!" Joshua patted Seungcheol. It wasn't Seungcheol's fault.

"It's okay, he must of disliked me to disappear without a word. Your company is at risk, just go through with it." Seungcheol did not like the expression Joshua had but he couldn't do anything at the moment to break the marriage AND keep his company. "Besides, I.. don't love him."

"We'll think of a way out of this okay? The date isn't set yet, we can still think of some ways." Seungcheol said, ignoring Joshua's last sentence.

Joshua appreciated the gesture, but he believed that there was no other way. Even if he still yearned for Jeonghan, he didn't know if Jeonghan still liked him. Seungcheol felt useless. His parents controlled him and his life, but now what his life is leading to is making the people around unhappy. Frustrated at this predicament, his brain whirled for an answer. What can he do to help?

-------------

It was Friday afternoon, in the last class of the day, Jihoon's head was bobbing. The other night, the children wouldn't go to bed, and after they did, Chan didn't want to sleep. When he finally had time for himself, he had to finish his homework. Staying up until late, he didn't get enough sleep. Whenever he turned his head, the dull thumping in the center of his brain would turn louder. Finally the bell rang, indicating the end of class. Walking carefully, he waited for Wonwoo to arrive. Once he arrived, Wonwoo immediately noticed his friend's discomfort. 

"Jihoon? Got a headache again?" he asked, concern written across his face.

"...Ungh..." Jihoon was in pain and tired. He brain was slowing down too, delaying his answers, not understanding a thing in class. 

Putting a comfortable arm over Jihoon's shoulder, Wonwoo lead Jihoon towards Mingyu's elementary school. 

"You didn't seem ill during break or lunch. Lack of sleep?" Jihoon didn't respond. 

"Well, lucky you, I'm staying the next three days. I'll make sure you get enough sleep." 

Jihoon didn't show it but he was really grateful for his friend. When they arrived at Mingyu's school, Wonwoo had to block Mingyu from charging straight into Jihoon at the gate, and warned him that Jihoon wasn't feeling well. Mingyu obediently held Jihoon's hand and they walked quietly to the daycare. He knew when his hyungs were serious, never needing to be told twice. 

The babies back in their quad stroller, Wonwoo pushed the stroller as Mingyu lead Jihoon by the hand back home. Jihoon was always quiet, but when he felt ill or uncomfortable, not a single word would come out of his lips. They quickly reached home, Mingyu was very helpful, taking care of his siblings. Wonwoo helped Jihoon into his pajamas and tucked him in for bed. Jihoon wasn't protesting, his whole body like jelly. Grabbing the essential oil off the desk, he poured the lavender scented liquid on his hand, and massaged Jihoon's forehead. His fingers worked meticulously, figuratively massaging Jihoon's headache away. 

"Don't worry about anything. I'll take all your worries away. You trust me don't you?" Wonwoo whispered soothingly. Jihoon mumbled a reply, fatigue quickly taking him over. 

"That's right, leave the children to me. I'll take good care of them. Sleep, sweet baby." 

Wonwoo continued to rub Jihoon's forehead, whispering comforting words until Jihoon fell into deep sleep. He cooed at how cute Jihoon looked wrapped up in blankets and clutching Wonwoo's shirt in his sleep. Removing the pale hand and closing Jihoon's door after him softly, he turned around to see curious eyes watching him. 

"Come on children, let's let your hyung sleep for a while. For now, let's go back to the living room and play quietly." he ushered the children away from the door. Mingyu raised his hand. 

"Is Jihoonie hyung okay?" Wonwoo ruffled Mingyu's hair lovingly. Mingyu was very empathetic of others, always understanding and obedient when needed to.

Wonwoo sighed as he squatted to their level. "He will be fine after a good sleep. Now, if you want for him to be well, remember to sleep on time every night. If you don't, the flu will take your dear Jihoonie away, understand?" Giving them a reassuring smile and a pat on their bums, the children nodded, promising they would be good.

The children nodded and returned to the living room. Chan gurgled in his crib, oblivious to his surroundings. Wonwoo picked him up in his arms and checked his diaper. "Baby Chanie, you will understand in the future how much your Jihoonie hyung has sacrificed. When that time comes, you will always stay by his side won't you?" Chan only giggled and poked Wonwoo's face with his tiny hands. "Haha, that's alright. You will know later." He chuckled. Placing baby Chan in the crib again and turning on the mobile, he went to the kitchen to prepare dinner for his 7 dear brothers.