113. Thanksgiving

This is the Choi Family

For some reason, Seungcheol woke up extra early. Looking around, the sleepiness slowly left him. Ah, that's right, I stayed over. 

Rubbing his eyes and ruffling his hair, he sluggishly moved towards the bathroom to clean up. Peeking into the kids' rooms as he passed by, he saw they were all still deep in their dream worlds. A soft lazy grin grew on his lips, going in and fixing blankets one by one. 

Finally reaching the bathroom, he noticed the bathroom light was on. Standing in front of the mirror was Wonwoo, eyes half open, toothbrush in hand, moving slowly. Judging from the birds nest atop his head, Seungcheol didn't hesitate to mess it further. "Morning~" His voice garbled out, deep and raspy.

Wonwoo hummed back, finishing up his brushing. Rinsing his mouth, he wet his fingers to fix his hair. 

"Why you up so early?" Wonwoo asked. Usually, when Seungcheol stayed over, he would sleep all the way to lunch. The boys didn't bother waking him since one, Seungcheol was impossible to wake, two, because when Seungcheol could stay over, they wanted him to relax as much as possible. 

"No reason, what about you?" 

"I have to go shopping for ingredients. Gotta go early if I want to get the fresh ones."

"Alone?"

"Mhm, I told Jihoon to go back to sleep since we don't need a lot."

"Then I'll go with you."

Not refusing his offer, Seungcheol and Wonwoo quickly cleaned up and got dressed to go out. 

Hearing some sounds from the baby room, they went to check, only to find an awake Chan with another awake Jihoon.

"Jihoon, I told you to go back to sleep." Wonwoo chided.

"B-but..."

"It's okay, I'm going with Seungcheol hyung so we can take care of little Chan here."

"I...."

"Ah-ah! No more from you, give me the baby, you go back to sleep."

Watching the two behave like a couple Seungcheol felt a little tickle in his chest. Shaking his head of his thoughts, he personally plucked Chan from Jihoon's hands and plopped him in Wonwoo's arms. He grabbed Jihoon's shoulders and turned him around, escorting him back to the room next door. "Go to sleep Hoonie, just a couple more hours."

Settling Jihoon, he returned to Wonwoo's side who has dressed Chan warmly. "Welcome little munchkin, to our exciting morning adventure." He cooed at Chan. Chan squealed with some garbled words excitedly.

-------------

Arriving at the supermarket, Wonwoo beelined for the greens, Seungcheol who has carrying Chan trailed behind with a basket in hand. Now it looks like me and Wonwoo are a couple... Seungcheol sighed and chuckled at himself. 

Wonwoo like the other women nearby, looked at nearly each leave in each bundle before deciding, showing his expertise in housework, shocking them. Seeing Seungcheol behind, they beganing thinking what Seungcheol had seen and gossiped away. He's even carrying a baby!

Seungcheol and Wonwoo payed them no attention, quickly getting what they needed. 

"What else do we need wifey~?" Seungcheol teased. 

"We need breakfast for the other kids~." Wonwoo played along.

The gasps around them were loud, and the two couldn't help laughing at their reactions. Leaving the area and going to the next, getting fresh bread and another gallon of milk, Wonwoo recounted what they needed. 

"I think we have everything, most of the stuff we need for today is already in the freezer."

"Great, then let's get going."

Lined up at check out, the attendant couldn't help her curiosity. "Are you two...?"

"Haha~ no, we're just brothers."

"Then the kid...?"

"Is our youngest brother."

"Wow, your parents must be young."

With that they only returned a smile. Putting his credit card back in his wallet and grabbing all the bags, he nodded politely and left.

----------------

Arriving home, the reached the driveway, noticing another car. "Joshua is here this early?" Seungcheol connected car to person, quickly grabbing their groceries and headed for the door.

Upon entering, Joshua was in the kitchen, preparing a warm breakfast. "There you are. I was about to ask Jihoon."

"Hyung! When did you get here?" Wonwoo asked.

"Just a while before you returned. Get what you need?"

Seungcheol nodded and began putting away their goods. Wonwoo settled Chan in his highchair, noticing that the seat was becoming a tight fit.

"You've grown so much, our baby~!" 

Knowing Wonwoo was talking about himself, Chan giggled and cheered. "Yay~!"

One by one, everyone came down for breakfast, refreshed from good sleep. Jeonghan sat down at the table taking a whiff of the air.

"Is it clam chowder?"

"Yup~ along with the bread Cheol brought back with Wonwoo." Joshua answered.

Eating the soup and bread, the children were satisfied and happy.

Noticing how filling it was, they collectively agreed that lunch would be a bit later.

------------

The children danced about the backyard, chasing after the bubbles that Jihoon was blowing. As a childish request of Hoshi's, who had joined them just now, they started a bubble blowing contest.

"A test of lung capacity! First person to stop blowing bubbles, loses!"

Jeonghan was judge, restating the rules. "Ready, 3, 2, 1, GO!"

Hoshi and Jihoon started blowing bubbles.  *POP* "EH?!"

It was over as fast as it started. Hoshi blew, but he blew too strongly that the soap popped before bubbles could form.

"PFFFTT!!!!!" Seungcheol and Joshua keeled over laughing like crazy.

Jihoon's bubbles floated over the kids' heads, the little ones giggling away.

"You lose~" Mingyu yelled. He laughed and poked Hoshi in the stomach. "Be quiet you!" Hoshi growled, chasing Mingyu around the yard. 

Jihoon smiled lightly, and continued to blow his bubbles.

--------------------

For lunch, the entire table was covered in plastic, protecting it. Along the middle a row of ingredients for making kimbap.

"Everyone, did you wash your hands~?" Joshua asked.

"Yes~!" They all answered.

"Then, let's start making lunch!"

Helping the children spread rice over the seaweed, the kids selected their favorite ingredients, putting as much as they could on.

Jihoon look a look at Mingyu's roll, and his eyes almost popped out of his head. "Mingyu!!!"

"What?" 

In the roll he was squeezing, all that was in it was a stick of carrot, the rest was beef.

Wanting to say something but not at the same time, Jihoon's face cramped. Wonwoo took a look at what was causing such a face and exploded in laughter.

Seungcheol gave Mingyu a good rub on the head praising him. "That's right as men, we eat meat."

Everyone had fun, eating their creations.

----------------

Watching a movie in the living room, the children's eyes trailed after the brightly colored screen, in a trance. 

Even the older boys were watching focused. Jeonghan stole a glance at Wonwoo, who was sitting next to him. Taking a second look, he poked Joshua who was on his other side.

"Look."

Wonwoo was asleep in his seat, mouth parted. Since they were eating popcorn, they started putting popcorn in that open mouth.

The others that noticed started watching, waiting for Wonwoo to wake up.

They've already stuffed as many as they could, but Wonwoo didn't seem to be waking at all. 

Poking Wonwoo's side, Mingyu deemed it fit, and picked up Seungkwan. Lifting Seungkwan over Wonwoo's stomach, he let him drop.

"OOFF!!!!"

The popcorn in his mouth went flying out, creating popcorn rain.

The children squealed, eyes no longer on the tv, looking at the popcorn around them. The others laughed until they couldn't no more, Wonwoo glaring at them silently. 

"I'll get you for this."

---------------

The grill was hot, the smell of meat wafted through the air, the evening sun setting the mood. Jun passed the plate of cooked meat over to the table, grabbing another to cook more. 

"Don't forget to eat too." Seungcheol chided.

"I know, I know. You take care of yourself and the others first."

Hoshi held up his cup of beer, calling for a toast. "Happy Thanksgiving~"

"Dude, we didn't even say thanks yet." Jun said over his shoulder. 

"Don't you think it's more cringe if we say it out loud?"

"...suit yourself."

Clinking glasses with each and everyone of the children's apple cider, Hoshi beamed. Drinking his beer, he made noises like an old man. "Kueeeee~ That's what I'm talking about~!"

"Oh my god, there's barely 5% alcohol in it." Joshua retorted, sipping his own while cringing at Hoshi's act. 

Wonwoo looked with Jihoon, amused at their interactions. "Hoshi hyung, don't you have to protect your throat? Isn't alcohol a no go fo singers?"

"It's off season, let me drink all I want." Hoshi said.

They had a happy, full day.