64. I'm worried

This is the Choi Family

Since the last time Hoshi had messaged Woozi, there hadn't been a response. Woozi has gone completely silent, not posting updates or answering fan comments. Hoshi was worried. What he saw at the hospital... no no no. That doesn't confirm anything. Besides, as if he could, he's too busy with his family. Brushing off his train of thought, he focused back on the mirror before him and practiced all his emotions away.

------------

Jihoon's test reports were in and the doctor wanted to talk about it, so Seungcheol left Jihoon and Wonwoo reluctantly. "Be good and stay still okay?" He warned the two. Wonwoo chuckled before waving him away with his good arm. "As if we can go anywhere."

Finding the doctor's office, he knocked before entering. "Oh! Choi Seungcheol-ssi, come sit here." 

Feeling a little uncomfortable, Seungcheol asked first. "Is there something going on with Jihoon?"

"My, you are perceptive. Yes, there is something I'd like to tell you." The doctor turned the computer screen so that Seungcheol could watch as well. "You see, Lee Jihoon, your adopted brother, does not have a single medical record. The only medical history that our hospital could find was his birth certificate." The file labeled Lee Jihoon literally held 1 file labeled before the latest testing. 

"So? What does that mean?" Seungcheol didn't understand the beating around the bush.

"This means that there isn't an official record that says that Lee Jihoon has autism." At that, Seungcheol shot out of his seat. But before Seungcheol could ask anything the doctor continued. "I know what you are going to ask, but I'll have to ask you to calm down first. This doesn't mean that Jihoon doesn't have autism, it just means that nothing is confirmed."

"Jihoon's behavior most definitely resembles a person with autism; from lists that anyone can find, he has poor communication and social abilities, and from what I have seen, a repetitive behavior. From what you have told me, when he gets scared or overwhelmed, his right hand repetitively taps his left chest, right? Sometimes picks at his fingers too. But all of these symptoms does not always mean autism. 

His behavioral patterns may be trained from his parents, or the people around him. The need to follow a strict schedule could be OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, albeit a mild case. His speech pattern is most likely caused by social anxiety, and again this could be from his upbringing. The repetitive behavior could be categorized as ICD, impulse control disorder. Either way, all these possibilities are not socially observed as negatively as autism." 

"So to confirm if Jihoon has autism or not, we would like to have him talk some behavior tests, some time during his stay here. I need your permission to proceed."

Seungcheol was in a state of shock. What about the being slow in school, the savant syndrome that Mingyu told him on day 1? Wait, what was he good at? Did Mingyu ever tell him? Wait, wait. "Yes, you can give him the tests. I would like to know as soon as possible."

-------------

Tapping his finger against the blanket on his lap, Jihoon looked listlessly out the window. Wonwoo fell asleep after several unsuccessful attempts to wake his dead phone. Jihoon placated him with his own phone and downloading the Uprising app, so that the moment he wakes Wonwoo can do whatever he wanted to do. Jihoon didn't care what Wonwoo was doing, as long as it would put Wonwoo at ease. 

The weather today wasn't particularly nice, but it wasn't particularly bad either. Jihoon was restless with the need to be doing something but all he could do was pick at his blanket as the kids were being taken care of by Joshua and he had to stick to bed rest as requested by his doctor. 

"Hm." Finding nothing better to do, he walked carefully over to Wonwoo's bed before fixing his blanket neatly without a single wrinkle. Still feeling a little uncomfortable, he decided to wiggle in next to Wonwoo, cocooning himself in shared warmed. Whenever Jihoon didn't know what to do with himself in the middle of the night, and Wonwoo was staying over(before the children got adopted), Wonwoo would roll him up into a blanket burrito and pull him into bed. He'd tell him that everything was perfect, everything is well, and it would lull Jihoon into sleep. 

Well, it wasn't exactly bedtime (mid afternoon ish), but the warmth of the blankets and Wonwoo's presence was just enough to comfort him into sleep. Wonwoo won't mind. He was complaining that the hospital was too cold anyway.

-------------

Now in the children's house, Joshua was tirelessly pulling the energetic children away from danger. "No, don't touch that, you've never touched that when Jihoon was here but now you want to touch it?" 

"Wait! Don't climb that please!"

"Come back here where I can see you!!!"

"....please.... calm down......"

"............huff..."

Hoshi wasn't coming until a little later; their schedule was: Joshua takes the kids to daycare and school, and heads to work, Hoshi picks up Mingyu only and takes him to work with him, the kids stay in daycare for a couple more hours (Joshua paid for it), Joshua picks them up in the early evening, Hoshi comes to help at around dinner time. There is a 3 hour gap between picking up all the kids (and Mingyu from Hoshi) and Hoshi returning from work that Joshua had to brave through.

"How does Jihoon take care of all of them by himself?!" He complained to no one. Mingyu took pity on Joshua and helped wrangled all the kids into one place. Except baby Chan of course, he was still too young to do much except stay in his crib. "Yah! Myungho, Seokmin, Seungkwan, Hansol, Chan! Everybody STOP!!!!" he yelled over their heads. All the little ones froze in place, their escape was so close. "What would Jihoonie hyung say if he saw us breaking all the rules? No grabbing the tv remote, no climbing on furniture, no chewing on things that aren't meant to be chewed on! What if Jihoonie hyung gets tired from cleaning up after us? That can't happen! So everybody STOP!" Mingyu lectured the little ones and Joshua was grateful for having him. "You are the best Mingyu, I love you." He said quietly, anime tears pouring out his eyes. The door unlocked at that moment, Hoshi was finally here.

"Uncle is here!" The children screeched to life and ran straight for Hoshi's legs. All the children out of sight, Joshua  slumped onto the couch and sighed. "Now bother Hoshi for the rest of the day, I don't got the energy to continue....."