47. Best Friend

This is the Choi Family

Today was a slow day Jihoon determined, as he groggily sat up in bed. They were moving into the new house the day after tomorrow so that they could grab the rest of the stuff from the other house. Rolling himself to the edge he checked on Wonwoo who was next to him was already up and gone. Stepping out to the living room, the children were still sleeping peacefully. Following his usual routine never straying from it, he set off cleaning himself up then getting the children. 

"Hyuuuunnngggg I don't wanna go to kindergartennnnn....." Whined Mingyu as he was pulling him away from his siblings. "N-no Mingoo y-you h-have to go." 

The rest of the children were just as whiny but they were all half asleep so no tears were shed, just being jostled into the desired position. Mingyu freshened up by himself, saying he's a 'big kid'. All the kids were ready to go, Seungcheol showed upright when he was needed so all the children were shuffled into the car and sent to daycare/school. Mingyu was reluctant to leave Jihoon as usual and Wonwoo and Jihoon got to school safely. 

After Wonwoo helped him with his desk and left for his own classroom, Jihoon sat patiently waiting for the teacher to arrive. The rest of the classroom was relatively quiet from the moment Wonwoo and he arrived but he took no note of it. 

The other students were observing Jihoon ever since Seungcheol had removed a few bullies "quietly". Some whispers were going around but Jihoon being Jihoon didn't hear any of it. 

"Don't mess with him, his adopted brother will step in!" 

"If they knew that he was being bullied, why won't they move them to a 'special' school?"

"It doesn't matter! If the goody two-shoes Wonwoo doesn't tattle to the brother we are fine." 

"Look at him staring off into space. Looking all stupid."

The door slid open, the teacher walked in and everyone quieted down. Class began and Jihoontried his best to understand everything. It was still early in the school year so the class was still learning the basics of chemistry. "We are going to practice balancing equations today. Next week in the lab, I expect all of you to have finished this worksheet so we can go straight into the experiment. If there are any questions, please come up and ask me." Jihoon patiently waited for the teacher to hand each student their paper. Looking over the equations, he tried to solve them like math equations; making the left side equal the right side. He was quick to find that the first section of balancing equations were easy but the next part was not so easy. The teacher must of gone over it not long ago but he couldn't remember. There was more than one equation and it was asking for enthalpy? He remembered that enthalpy was the heat of the whole reaction, but what is that one equation separated from the rest?

Jihoon tried his best until the end of class and moving on to the next subject, making a note to stack the work he didn't understand on the side to bring to Wonwoo later.

-------------

Getting to the meeting place under the tree today took a little struggle. People were not being nice and blocking his way, more than usual. Did they not learn their lesson with the ones that were kicked out? Either way they weren't leaving him alone. He tried to get through but they just won't make way for him. Jihoon was getting anxious as time ticked, falling from his routine made him scared and stressed. "E-excus-se m-me." He called out, but people either didn't hear him or chose to ignore him. "P-p-please..." Jihoon frowned, hands beginning to twitch around the books he was carrying.  He scooted his way forward a little at a time, but people were beginning to bump into him on purpose. In the end it didn't matter if his main tormentors were whisked away. The entire school was full of stuck up people, Wonwoo and him the only ones not. 

Jihoon stressed, and the more stressed he got the more twitching happened. He couldn't control his hands, his head began flicking from side to side, trying to find a way out fast. "H-hyung." He called out, looking for Wonwoo. By the time he finally made it to the meeting place, Wonwoo was already pacing back and forth looking for him. "Jihoon-ah!" Wonwoo caught sight of him and bounded quickly over, wrapping an arm around him. "H-hyung.." Jihoon half wailed. Shushing Jihoon in his arms, he moved them to the tree, restoring routine. "Come on Jihoon, calm down." He rubbed Jihoon's arms up and down, straightening his fingers and removing the books. "You're okay buddy, breath with me." 

Jihoon calmed down with Wonwoo's help and set to work opening up the work he didn't get. Wonwoo was concerned for him, worried since Jihoon was still fidgetting with his hands and looking around every once in a while. He didn't know how else to help his friend so he followed Jihoon's lead. "Okay, let's... get to work." 

He patiently explained again Hess's Law and helped him practice on 2 questions before moving to the next subject. They worked through some math theorems and literature before Jihoon was calm enough to slouch back against the trunk of the tree. "H-hyung." He called out. Wonwoo sat next to him, humming a response. "I-I ... t-they...i-in the h-hallw-way..." Wonwoo shushed him knowing the situation. "Maybe I should start coming to your classroom and walking with you. I don't mind it and I feel like I should have done this earlier." Jihoon was going to protest but Wonwoo shook his head. "You know what, I'm going to do that. Wait for me during break and lunch, I'm going to walk with you so that they can't bother you anymore than they can."

Nodding to show he agreed, Jihoon leaned onto Wonwoo's shoulder. Today was a rough day, but what made it better was having his best friend around.