5. The letter, Joshua

This is the Choi Family

After reading through the letter, Seungcheol's anger returned. His parents adopted not one but 7 children then left them here to live alone. That's why there weren't any servants around. That's why Jihoon was cooking. Seungcheol though his parents were only going on a short trip, not a world tour! Seungcheol though it over again and again. There must be a better reason, or a better way to put it. His parents were spoiling and competitive, he knew that. But were they responsible? He had to reevaluate them on that.

He played with the children until bedtime before retiring to his room.

"Good night, Mingyu."

As he turned away, Mingyu grabbed Seungcheol by the sleeve.

"Hyung..." Seungcheol turned back and squatted by the bed.

"Hm?"

"Hyung won't take Jihoon hyung away from us, right?" Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows. Creases appeared on his forehead.

"Why would I take him away?" Mingyu shook his head.

"Don't worry. I won't do anything to hurt you guys. You are part of my family after all."

"Thank you hyung." Seungcheol patted Mingyu's hair and said good night again before turning off the lights. Walking back to his room, he flopped on his bed and pulled out his phone. He needed someone to talk to and he knew who would definitely listen. Opening a chat room, he added HamziHoshi and Shua-yah.

Coups: Soonyoung-ah, Joshuaaaaaa

HamziHoshi: waz up hyung

Shua-yah: ?

Coups: remember the new family I got? they're all so cute......

HamziHoshi: I want pictures!!!

Shua-yah: Awwww~~~~

Coups: but there's a huge problem.... I'll start from the beginning

HamziHoshi: Storytime~

Shua-yah: Once upon a time....

Coups: At the last charity event, my parents adopted 7 children from the local orphanage. I wasn't informed. They were to live at the family home, parents reassured me that I wouldn't be bothered or something along the lines of that. I think what they did was wrong. It's on my family register yeah? They are my brothers. So I went to visit. I kinda screwed up the first meeting but the second went better and I got to know them. Turns out the oldest is slightly autistic, but I really didn't notice. He handed me a letter that was left for them. It was a letter from my parents.

Seungcheol snapped a photo of the letter and sent it.

Coups: Their words are so weird, what is this about staying away from me

Coups: also leaving them alone in the house all by themselves

Coups: there isn't a single worker left in this massive house

HamziHoshi: wow I'm also confused

Shua-yah: Didn't they adopt out of goodwill?

Coups: When I confronted dad he said he was goaded into it

Coups: that Lee Corporation again

Shua-yah: he didn't care about the consequence at all did he

HamziHoshi: the children were home alone the whole time?!

Shua-yah: omg what are you parents doing

Coups: I'm at the house right now, I'm staying cuz of the storm

Coups: Don't worry Soonyoung, they are doing pretty well on their own, so far

Coups: I was surprised that the house was so well kept

Coups: I keep forgetting they just got here this morning, stupid me lol

HamziHoshi: But you said the oldest was autistic!

Coups: Jihoon is SLIGHTLY autistic and he also has savant syndrome, yet he is taking very good care of the younger ones. You wouldn't have noticed the symptoms unless he speaks

Coups: btw hes 17.

Shua-yah: Well bro, I'm boarding a plane soon. I'm coming over to help solve your problems

HamziHoshi: Shua hyung your coming to Seoul?! OMG

HamziHoshi: We have to celebrate!! kyaaa~~~~~~

Coups: Are you coming because of me? I don't want you to leave your business for me

Shua-yah: Dont worry, I'm coming cuz of the new branch I'm opening in Seoul

Coups: Oh really? Congratz !

HamziHoshi: Congratulations hyung!!

Shua-yah: Care to pick me up from the airport at 3pm tmrw?

Coups: I can do that!

Shua-yah: Thanks bro

HamziHoshi: I'll come by tmrw!!!

Coups: G'night Soonyoung G'morning Shua see you guys tmrw

Shua-yah: yes go to sleep I'll be there in the afternoon

HamziHoshi: byeeeee

Seungcheol dropped his phone on the pillow next to him. Sighing, he checked the time. 2am, and the rain was still pouring heavily. Scrubbing at his face, he got up to go to the bathroom. passing by Jihoon's room, he realized his light was still on. Poking his head past the door, he saw Jihoon at the table working. Mingyu was sleeping on the other side of the room, light blocked out by the bookshelf between them.

"Jihoon?"

He was startled by Seungcheol's voice and jumped in his seat. Once his eyes landed on said person, he adverted his gaze.

"Y-y-yes?" He whispered, fingers fidgeting.

"What are you doing still up?" Jihoon turned back to the papers infront of him.

"My-my homew-work-k." Jihoon fidgeted with the pen in his hands.

"Well, if you must finish it, go ahead but I really suggest you go to bed. It's only Sunday tomorrow."

"Ungh."

Seungcheol glanced at the fidgeting Jihoon and smiled. Cute.

"If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm your older brother regardless of what my parents said. I'm going to stick around as much as I can."

"Ungh."

Saying good night once again, Seungcheol sauntered to the bathroom. That's right. It didn't matter what his parents said. He was an adult and he could decide for himself what he wants to do. Although he did their bidding while his brother was away, they are away right now too. If he wanted to be a bigger brother, he just had to do it. If he wanted to, he could do whatever he wanted. It's not like his parents cared anyway. They aren't even here, they wouldn't know. With that he returned to his bed and slept with a peace of mind.

——————-

"yung...Hyung...HYUNG!!!!"

"MWO-Oh, it's just you Mingyu...."

Seungcheol was startled awake. Picking up his phone he checked the time. It was 9 am, and by the sounds outside, the others were all up already.

"Come on hyung. Jihoonie hyung finished making breakfast. I've been trying to wake you for the past 10 minutes!!!"

Mingyu pulled his arm lifting Seungcheol up into a seated position on the bed.

"I'm uuuuuppppp......." He slid his slippers on and went to the bathroom, Mingyu on his tail.

"Go go hyung!!!"

Seungcheol washed his face and brushed his teeth and hair with the rushing of Mingyu and finally went down for breakfast.

"Finally!" Exclaimed Mingyu. He bounded to his seat between the boosters and high chairs and helped the children at his 2 sides. Jihoon was burping baby Chan. Seungcheol sat at the table still trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

"Good morning, everyone..."

"Morning~" They chorused, food in hand or in their mouths.

"...Ungh." Jihoon responded. They had a hearty breakfast; the children were playing with their food, Mingyu trying to clean them up, Seungcheol laughing, taking pictures and videos, and trying to help Mingyu, Jihoon also trying to calm down the rowdy breakfast. Baby Chan was holding the rails of his mobile crib bouncing and giggling at his family.

It was nearing 3 pm so Seungcheol grabbed his keys, wallet and phone and headed for the door.

"Jihoon-ah! I need to head out to pick up a friend. Is it okay for him to come over for dinner?"

Jihoon nodded and tried to get out of the mess of limbs his brothers created. Successfully getting away, he walked Seungcheol to the door.

"See you and the kids later okay?"

"Ungh."

Seungcheol rubbed Jihoon's hair. Chuckling to himself at the messy do he just made, he patted Jihoon on the shoulder and waved good bye. Jihoon waved back a bit awkwardly as Seuncheol got in his car and drove away.

——————

Once Seungcheol arrived at the airport, Joshua was already on the curb waiting. Getting out of the car to help his friend, he smacked him in the shoulder.

"Hey bro, how was LA?"

"It's really hot still, the skies are blue as the sea."

After bro hugging and a little catching up, Seungcheol helped Joshua put his luggage in the trunk.

"You're staying at my house like usual right?"

"Of course. You haven't thrown my stuff away have you?"

"Never."

Seungcheol started his car and they drove away from the airport.

"So, we're going to the family home first. I really want you to meet the kids."

"I was going to beg you to bring me to them anyways." they laughed together. 

Arriving at the family home, Seungcheol lead Joshua to the front door.

"They are all pretty shy at the beginning but they warm up really fast." He informed.

Joshua nodded in understanding. Seungcheol knocked on the door.

"Jihoon?"

He unlocked the door for himself knowing Jihoon was probably busy with something. Seungcheol and Joshua entered the house and found the entire house was quiet. Seungcheol began looking through the rooms. Living room? Nope. Kitchen? Nope. Baby room? Still nope. He finally arrived at the last room, Jihoon's room. Opening the door quietly, they peeked their heads in. The children were all napping. There was a pillow wall preventing Chan from falling off the bed, Jihoon was asleep with Mingyu on the bed, arm drapped over Mingyu's tummy, Hansol and Seungkwan took Chan's crib, Seokmin and Myungho were sleeping together wrapped in blankets on the ground. Joshua smacked Seungcheol in the back from excitement.

"They are soooo cute!!!!!!" He whisper yelled.

"Stop smacking me I get it!!"

He whisper yelled back. They decided to let them sleep and went back down to the living room to talk. Joshua pulled out a picture he snapped of them just earlier and demanded Seungcheol tell him all about them.