36. How to be a good parent by Seungcheol

This is the Choi Family

Jun had managed to get inside information about Jihoon and Wonwoo's school, thanks to Seungcheol's dumb parents. Simply waving Seungcheol's name was enough to get workers to spill delicious tea. Following a fuming Seungcheol with a jog in his step, he found it amusing to see his older friend so fired up. Seungcheol was always very mild; he never blew up at mistakes, he never threw a fit, he was always composed in the public eye. Trying to keep his excitement away, Jun jogged to keep up.

Faculty members parted like the Red Sea once they heard Seungcheol demanding the principal, anger radiating off the clean cut man. Barging in without knocking, he sat himself in one of the many cushioned chairs in the office. The principal was bewildered, shocked into silence at who exactly was sitting before him. It didn't take long for him to pick up the sickly sweet gratuitous tone to greet.

"Mr. Choi, to what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?"  A clearly fake smile was plastered on the principal's face as he moved to sit across from the young businessman. Seungcheol crossed his legs and leaned back in his seat, his face stiff with no emotions. "I'm here to check up on how you are running things. My parents are thinking of raising another program for this school." he bluffed, attracting the principal's attention. "Oh my! That is excellent news. Our school and students will be very grateful for the donation." His greed was clear as day from Jun's perspective, whose understanding of people is much higher than others. The principal must of caught him staring intently at him for he gestured for him to sit. "Please, your secretary can sit with us." Seungcheol scoffed at that. It did bring a teasing gleam in his eyes as he eyed Jun in a side glance. "My secretary doesn't need that. We are going to be quick." Jun couldn't help rolling his eyes at his friend's teasing. Who was the older one again? Yeah, never mind. 

Getting down to business, Jun decided to fill this secretary role and flipped open a folder to begin the 'interrogation'. "So Principal Kim, principal of this high school for 8 years going on 9, has several grants provided by the Choi family and other corporations. No threats or serious matters ever arose on this campus. This public high school is considered a middle upper class campus, parents' income amounting over the median by more than 10%. It is also being promoted as the safest campus in the city." Looking over the school's public image, it was very clean. Maybe a little too clean. "There aren't any tax evasions, no exploitation, no bribery. Among the things that I have listed, at least 1 of them is a lie." In order to keep power over the school, there was always blackmail to use. It's an empty threat on their side but for the principal, his expression increasingly got worse. The smile never left his face but the color was draining and the sweat was running down his neck.

Seungcheol stepped in with his 2 cents. "It seems your campus is not doing something. And it is making me really upset." Leaning forward for effect, his eyes pierced straight through the principal across him. "Don't you know? My adopted sibling attends this school." He paused and glanced away, showing indifference. He asked a different question. "Do you know? Me and my new brother are very close. Just like real siblings. Do you know what he tells me whenever he gets home from school?" Seungcheol was making things up, but boasting his connection with Jihoon and his other siblings was something he proudly announced. It was to intimidate the principal into spilling, and what other things he was going to spill was what lead Jun to tag along. "My brother tells me that he gets bullied. Every. Single. Day. What does that tell me?" Jun repeated the fact from earlier. "Safest campus in the city." Jun smirked and added a cheeky wink at the principal. "Let's look at the list of grants and donations. Tell me Jun, what looks the most like a joke?" Reading off the list of grants, the ones he read aloud were the improved councilors, the stop bullying campaigns, and the equality grants. Seungcheol turned back to the principal, a scary smirk on the corner of his lip. "Didn't you know? Hiding in plain sight might work if this was really a public school, but underneath all this money, don't you think that was a bad idea?" He cracked down on all the evil things happening on campus. "There are druggies, there are bullies, there are slacking teachers and the students aren't good kids. Do you really think I want to invest more in this scheme?" The principal who was silent this whole time open and closed his mouth but no sounds left his throat.

"You are going to get these bullies and you are going to prosecute these students and you are going to get the money where it is meant to go. It wouldn't look nice if I put this on broadcast now, would it?" They had completely knocked down the high and mighty and had him quiver at their feet. Jun had that Cheshire grin, putting away his papers. "If I hear anything more coming from my brother and his friend, I will be back. And it won't be as civil and private as this meeting."

--------------

After getting the principal to promise on change, Seungcheol took Jun back to his company with a light heart. It felt nice to vent and protect his family. "This is great! I feel so much better knowing that I did something." Jun nodded along and made small noises of agreement to feed his fellow friend's ego. "You did good, hyung. Very fierce." Walking through his company, he spotted a couple detectives he hired for the leak case. 

They held a small meeting and with the help of Jun's information and the detective's work, they determined the leak to be a mole from the Yoon family. This riled Seungcheol up again but Jun was quick to placate. "Look at it this way. The Yoon family crossed you, you can use it to remove Jeonghan." He quickly advised Seungcheol to keep this information for later and just got rid of the mole. Since Seungcheol was still pulled taunt, Jun pulled out the fastest way to appease the man. "Here, a little bird told me that Seungkwan and Hansol's class is holding a musical and its coming soon. Don't you have work to finish to make time to attend? Don't want to accidentally miss it now would you?" With that Seungcheol was quickly subdued and rushed off to work. Shouting a thanks over his shoulder, Jun just waved him off. "Tell me all the details later!" Seungcheol called out as he rounded a corner.