119. Everything is revealed now

This is the Choi Family

It didn't take long for Jun to verify Kim Jiseob's information, especially since the man was so cooperative. Just as the man had explained, Jun had found Seungkwan's original adoption notice in another province that was nearly completely erased from history. Along with that he found something even more interesting.

Boo Yooyoung was returning for a visit. 

When asked if he knew anything about this, Kim Jiseob answered that he and her have been keeping in more contact recently and he had told her everything. Jun was skeptical of his decisions but let it slid. It seems they get to meet the person herself to hear the rest of the story.

----------------

Across from Seungcheol and Jun sat 2 people; Kim Jiseob and Boo Yooyoung.  

"Since we're all settled, let's hear what you have to say." Jun prompted.

Yooyoung nodded, looking down at the table. Jiseob put an arm around her shoulders to show his support. 

"I'm sure you've heard from Jiseob-ssi about our adoption story so I won't repeat it. This is something I kept from everyone, even him." 

Jiseob's head snapped in her direction.

"I'm sure he knows bits and pieces of what exactly when down, but I'll explain everything in order.

I wanted to adopt Seungkwan, I really did. We were so prepared to take care of him and everything, but it wasn't going to happen. 

I don't really want to point fingers, but this is what went down.

A few days before Seungkwan would have gone home with us, I ran into mother-in-law at the market. We were in a public place so I didn't think she'd do anything outrageous, but against expectations she started ranting in the middle of the aisle.

I had to endure it while trying to move this into a private place, that was when I heard something terrifying. She said that as long as the baby didn't share the same blood as her family, she won't let them survive. She had used much harsher words, but I'm sure you understand by now. Threatening our future children like this, I couldn't handle it. I left immediately and visiting Seungkwan and his mother. I told them exactly what I heard and asked for her to do something for me.

I told her to take the child away, somewhere far so that mother couldn't find him. She had sent him to a different orphanage in another province, I just didn't know she handed him over with my name. 

When I learned of that, I was both happy and sad. Happy that I became Seungkwan's mother, but sad that he might resent me for abandoning him. As for why my distant cousin knew of this, I had an appointment with her for a family meeting and told her to meet with me at the hospital. She must of overheard my conversation then. She doesn't have a good head on her shoulders, please don't blame her. 

Mother couldn't threaten Seungkwan's life anymore, I had gotten rid of almost all the evidence of this happening, my cousin didn't get anything out of this, all was suppose to be well. Too bad my cousin went out with my name and tracked down Seungkwan and this was noticed by mother. 

I couldn't do anything else, so we came to an agreement. If I divorce Jiseob-ssi and leave, then she won't find trouble with Seungkwan. It didn't take long for me to agree.

It sounds really bad right? That I could leave my husband then over the life of a child that wasn't of my own flesh. But I really fell in love with the poor child even before he was born. You could also say I was running away from mother's harsh treatment, that I am a coward. But I protected Seungkwan's life and I secured Jiseob-ssi's future with his mother. If he was to go against his own mother for me, their relationship would only sour, and I didn't want that for them.

I don't believe I made the wrong choices back then. I only wish I could have been with Seungkwan for a little longer then."

Yooyoung finished talking and looked up. Reading the people around her's expressions, she wasn't sure what she was looking for.

Jiseob squeezed her shoulders, expressing the grief and guilt in his heart. "I'm so sorry you had to make those decisions because of me."

"No, it wasn't for you, please don't feel bad. It was all me." She quickly refuted. She would never blame him, she only felt sorry for doing all of this on her own.

"No, you see, the relationship between me and my mother never got better, it only got worse. I agreed to her arrangements early on when she left, but since then I have broken away from her, and I haven't seen her in a long time. She can't interfere in my life anymore."

"Oh..." She had hoped that mother and son would get along without her in the picture but the opposite happened regardless, and she felt distressed for him.

"I got to see Seungkwan once from a far. He's healthy." Jiseob said, changing the topic. "He must be happy living with his family right now. Ask Seungcheol-ssi here."

Seungcheol who had now heard everything he needed to hear was more at ease with speaking. Jun had already gone to work looking for information to confirm Yooyoung's claims, quietly on the phone next to him. Recieving a nod from him, Seungcheol decided to tell them.

"Seungkwan is very healthy. He loves talking and playing with his brothers, he's getting smarter day by day. I can't say much about the time he was in the orphanage, but from what Jihoon has told me, Seungkwan was quite the fussy baby. He only calmed down a bit now that there's so many more people around him."

"That's good to hear. That's really good to hear." Yooyoung smiled, happy that Seungkwan was living well.

"Might I ask why the sudden visit?" Jun suddenly asked. It was sudden and Jiseob kind of explained, but he needed to hear it straight from her.

"Oh, Jiseob-ssi told me that someone was looking into Seungkwan and I had long known he was in your care. I just... wanted to make sure he was safe. When he told me that he saw a glimpse of the child, you can say I was a bit jealous and impulsively wanted to see him for myself." She realized what she said might not be received well and immediately tried to correct her words. "Ah! No, I just, sorry. You might not want for a stranger like me to just request something like this. Sorry about that, I was too impulsive. You don't have to do anything you wouldn't like."

Seungcheol shook his head in understanding and comforted her. "It's okay, if the evidence proves true, I wouldn't mind letting you meet him. I just need to know there is no bad intentions towards my family as I am their protector and guardian."

"On to the topic of your cousin though, do you know anything about why she suddenly showed up at my doorstep looking for Seungkwan?"