15. Family bonding

This is the Choi Family

Seungcheol handed the presents out one by one to the children. Jihoon supervised them, telling them to throw their wrappings away and to thank Seungcheol hyung. The children were so cute, all bowing then giving him a peck on the cheek. When Mingyu received the red fluffy blanket and the Hulk doll, he immediately wrapped himself up in a nice burrito and hugged Hulk. 

"Thanks Hulk hyung." He told Seungcheol. He snickered at his new nickname. It was true that he was much bigger than Jihoon in build and height, his muscles are not just for show either. 

"Your welcome, Mingyu. If you ever need help, call this Hulk hyung 'Kay?" Mingyu nodded and ran off. When it was finally Jihoon's turn, he gave him 3 things. A new phone, a watch and a set of headphones. Jihoon froze when the headphones were handed to him, Wonwoo and his conversation about Woozi fresh in his mind. Seungcheol began explaining his gifts. 

"I've set up the new baby monitoring system. To turn it on, just press this button. If baby Chan or the other younger ones wake up, this will vibrate like an alarm." He pointed out the features of the watch. 

"Since you don't have to pay attention to the sounds of the children anymore, I got you headphones along with a phone. I've downloaded a lot of my favorites on it as well as put my number in it." He slipped the phone into Jihoon's hands. 

"If you ever need my help, just call me." Jihoon looked like he was about to protest when Seungcheol shushed him. 

"Jihoon, I feel better knowing that you and the children are safe, so please keep this phone to ease this hyung's fears, okay? I want to be able to help if something like Chan happens again." Jihoon reluctantly nodded and put the phone and headphones away. Seungcheol helped him put on the watch and gave Jihoon a tight hug. 

"Thanks, Jihoon." Jihoon returned the hug and his words. "T-Thank you, h-hyung f-for c-caring-g." He didn't understand why Seungcheol was giving them gifts, but the children were happy and that was all that mattered.

"No problem Hoon."

Seungcheol promised to take good care of the children so Jihoon went to do homework. He was cleaning up the toys the children weren't playing with when Seokmin tapped him in the back. 

"Hyung?" Seungcheol turned to give Seokmin his full attention along with a wide smile. "What's up bud?" 

Seokmin fiddled with the buttons on his shirt, head tilted down, peeking at Seungcheol's expression through his hair. 

"Do...you want to play...with us?" He looked down quickly, afraid of what Seungcheol might say. Nobody wanted to play with them before and he was hoping this hyung is different. Seungcheol chuckled and ruffled his hair. 

"I would love to play with you guys. What do you want to play?" Seokmin brightened up at his response. Picking up all his courage, he grabbed Seungcheol by the hand with his own small one and lead him over to where all the children were seated. Seokmin sat down next to Myungho and pointed at the seat next to Mingyu. 

"Hyung can sit there. You will be Papa, Mingyu hyung will be Mama, I will be Grandpa, Myungho will be the son, Kwanie the funny uncle, Hansol the neighbor. Ah! Chanie is the baby of course." He rambled excitedly. Mingyu put on his best mom face and tut-ed. 

"Tsk tsk, Grandpa, you already so old, please be careful when you play with your grandchildren." Seokmin hunched over and deepened his voice. Coughing into his fist, he scratched up his voice and ahem-ed. 

"Ewe aher aherm. Ah, dear it's okay. I'm still very youthful." He fake coughed. Seungcheol looked in amazement. This three year old is good at acting. 

"Hubby! What are you doing? If you're not busy, please take baby Chan. I'm going to make dinner." Mingyu passed Chan to Seungcheol before scooting on his knees over to the toy kitchen set. He made all the sizzling and microwave noises with his mouth, all cute and stuff, and it was getting harder for Seungcheol to keep his squeals in check. Seokmin crawled over to Seungkwan and patted him in the shoulder. 

"Ah, Kwan-ah. Sit with little old me." Seungkwan crawled closer and giggled. "Kwan-ah, remember to exercise whenever you can or you'll end up worse than me. You're their uncle, you still have time. Work hard." Where did these children learn these lines?

Seungkwan nodded and copied Seokmin's words. "Woek hawd." He crawled back to Hansol and poked him in the cheek before falling into a giggling heap. 

"Hyu?" Hansol gurgled confused. Seungcheol finally laughed at their antics and threw caution to the wind, playing and laughing until dinner time. 

--------------

Jihoon was washing the dishes when Seungcheol silently slipped in next to him, taking his plates and drying them. It was getting late and Seungcheol had a bit of time to think for himself, and a person like him thinking so much only brought him down.

"Jihoon?" Seungcheol felt awkward, suddenly calling Jihoon out, but he had to make sure something. It's been nagging him, burning in the back of his mind. Jihoon turned at the sound of his name, eyes focusing on Seungcheol. 

"Ungh?" Seungcheol put the plate currently in his hands down and wiped his hands. 

"Uh, Jihoon. I- You-...." Reorganizing the words in his head, he started again. "Is it okay for me to keep coming by?" Jihoon's eyes unfocused, he was thinking, trying to understand what Seungcheol meant. 

"I mean, if me being around is harder for you or anything, I can...." stop visiting. But he didn't want that. Looking Jihoon in the eyes, he looked for an answer. 

"Jihoon?" Jihoon flinched, snapping out of his thoughts. "I-I-I..." Seungcheol's face fell. Jihoon probably doesn't like him here. Ah, stepping into their lives might not have been his best idea.

"It's okay, I understand. I'm kinda weird and I don't know a lot about taking care of kids. I'm intru-" His rambling was cut off with a tug on his sleeve. Jihoon's eyes darted around frantically, his two fingers tightening around his sleeve. 

"H-hyung, I-I though y-you d-didn't like u-us." He finally stuttered out. The letter their 'parents' left said not to come in contact with Seungcheol, but Seungcheol himself said that he wanted to be here for them. These things were part of the things poor Jihoon's brain can't process fast enough. 

"H-hyung, w-we like y-you." Jihoon quickly added, not wanting Seungcheol to leave. Although he didn't know what he should do or what he should believe in, the first thing that did make sense in his head was that he didn't want Seungcheol to leave. He liked having Seungcheol over. The children did too. While Seungcheol was still stunned, Jihoon continued. 

"I-I like h-having y-you as m-my h-hyung." Once Seungcheol processed what Jihoon just said, a huge grin broke out on his face. Jihoon didn't hate him, he liked that he was his brother. He wasn't going to push Seungcheol away from the children. Pulling Jihoon to his chest, he wrapped his arms around him in a tight hug. 

"Thank you, Jihoon for not pushing me away." Jihoon nodded, his head rubbing in Seungcheol's chest, forgetting the soap suds on his hands. "I'm not the best at taking care of children, I really love them. I'll learn how to do better." Jihoon nodded again. Seungcheol released Jihoon after a while and gave him the biggest smile that showed all his pearly-whites. "Let's finish the dishes!" He cheered. 

When all the children were tucked in their beds and Seungcheol said good night to Jihoon, Jihoon began texting Wonwoo. He told him everything about his day with Seungcheol.

Hoonie: Hyung says he'll visit often

Hoonie: I'm so happy.

Wonwoo chuckled at his end, happy for Jihoon. Jihoon deserved more and Seungcheol was willing to give. 

WonWOOHOO: I'm happy too. Seungcheol hyung is so nice to you.

Sending each other their good nights, Wonwoo settled in his bed. Staring at the ceiling illuminated by the moon in the window, he sighed. He wish he didn't feel the way he did but he couldn't help it. Judging by the way Seungcheol acts, how he asks permission after thinking things over, how willing he was to associate with the 7 siblings, how he wanted to be part of their family, he knows that Seungcheol cares. Wonwoo rolled to face the wall. He was jealous. He wanted family...too.

-------------

Jihoon sent Seungcheol off in the morning, before the kids were up. Seungcheol promised to be back, telling him to tell the children that he will miss them. "I'll see you soon Jihoon." He pulled Jihoon in for a hug. Jihoon's arms were stiff at his sides unsure what to do with his arms. "Ungh." Seungcheol waved once more before driving off. Jihoon kept waving until he couldn't see Seungcheol's car anymore. Shutting the door softly, he began making breakfast for the little ones, humming quietly, happy. 

Since then, Seungcheol started visiting every other day, taking care of the children while Jihoon worked on his homework.