94. Working from home

This is the Choi Family

A little summary of the story right now:

Jihoon and Wonwoo are working on Hoshi's next song(no school they on break), Jeonghan is working his editing job, Joshua is managing his cafes, Seungcheol is overseeing his entertainment company and monitoring his father, Jun is looking for the person responsible for the upset. Ah, and the children are growing up well~

-----------------

It took less than 3 days for Jihoon to come up with a song. Shoving his phone and earbuds into Hoshi's hands, he looked up at him expectantly. "Hm? You've got something for me?"

Plugging in the earbuds, he pressed play. First hearing Wonwoo's voice, the volume slowly increases. Picking up the brass sounds, piano, and assorted drums, he knew this was pop genre.

"Change up?" He looked to Jihoon for confirmation. He nodded. 

"Hmm hmm hmm hmmm~" Hoshi hummed along. Listening to it the whole way through, he immediately put down the phone and picked Jihoon up, spinning around in excitement. 

"You're amazing Hoonie~!!! I love it!!!!!" Joshua who just got home was shocked by the sight and quickly pulled them to a stop. 

"What do you think you're doing?!! Jihoon isn't a kid, you could hurt both him and yourself!!!!" He was worried that Hoshi couldn't keep a hold on Jihoon, as Jihoon isn't that small. He weighed little but he was still bigger than Mingyu(for now).

"Sorry sorry, I just got too excited. He just showed me something amazing." Hoshi scratched his head sheepishly.

"That's great and all but be careful, don't accidently hurt yourself or others."

"Yeeeessss moooooom."

Jihoon who was silent this whole time was still kinda drifting from the spinning. Holding onto Joshua's guiding hand, he blinked hard. Feeling Hoshi's excitement this way was a first, but it wasn't bad. A small twitch of the corner of his mouth made the two coo over him. 

"Aww~ you cutie~ lemme hug ya~" Going for a more mild approach, Joshua hugged the cute bean.

"Is that Joshua I hear?" Seungcheol poked his head out the kitchen. Wonwoo peeked out from behind him, the two were working on something together. 

"Yup, whadup bro?" Greeting each other with their own handshake, they ended with a shoulder bump. "You know how to make milk tea?"

"Of course, what do you take this chain cafe owner for?"

"Then you come here. You stay out Jihoon!!!!"

Joshua was whisked away, leaving the two alone again.

"Hoonie, let's go work on music then~ is that okay?"

Jihoon nodded and led Hoshi back to Wonwoo's room where the devices were held.

"How did you come up with this? I was just blurting things out."

"uh, I- I you...y-yea..." He couldn't come up with the right words at this moment, but Hoshi didn't mind.

"You're so cool~ you're amazing~" He praised him over and over. He worshiped Woozi when he didn't know who it was, but now that the person(s) are right before him, he could tell them everything he always wished to say. 

"This is amazing~ Who would have thought this day would come!!!!" Hoshi squealled. Jihoon only watched on amused. 

"Ok, calm down. I have an idea." Hoshi looked at the lyrics. "Do you think I can pull off the singing part?"

Jihoon looked at Hoshi and froze. He could tell from the look on his face that Jihoon didn't think that far. "Ah..."

It's not that he wasn't thinking of Hoshi when writing the song, he made it in a way that Wonwoo was capable for singing. This is only the second time he wrote for someone else, and the first time there was another producer in the studio giving advice.

Thinking of Hoshi in mind, he was about to move and fix it when Hoshi stopped him. "Since Wonwoo sang it, why don't we leave him to sing it?"

Since Woozi is the creator, it wouldn't be weird for Woozi to be in it. Since Wonwoo sang it nicely, Jihoon didn't have any objections. 

"Then it's settled! Me and Wonwoo~ yay~"

"Ah- only, o-only if Wonwoo hyung says...yes..." 

--------------

"Recently, Jihoon has been staying up late. Usually we work on music during lunch, but since we're on break, he's been working when he's done taking care of the kids." Wonwoo explained. Joshua nodded. Now that both Wonwoo and Jihoon are on break from school, they were saving some money by stopping daycare for the little ones and taking care of them on their own. Playing with them, feeding them, cleaning them, and taking care of the house. Their days are filled from the moment they wake to the time they sleep. 

"He's been staying up with coffee, but too much coffee isn't good for the body. Since he needs it to stay awake, the next best alternative is tea. It has a little less caffeine in it, but more sugar. Do you think this would work?"

"Well, too much caffeine is bad for the body, true. Tea is a better alternative true, simply because it has less caffeine. But the difference isn't that great, do you want to try something else?" Joshua suggested. Like Wonwoo knows, too much caffeine isn't good; caffeine is a stimulant so it affects the nervous system. It can cause headaches and sensitivity to outside stimulus like noises or events. 

"Mmm, I've tried to persuade him to drink water or juice, but in the end he sticks with coffee when I'm not looking."

"And I won't recommend energy drinks for his tiny body." Seungcheol added.

"I won't recommend juice at night, since citric acid is bad for the enamel. I know he is the kind to follow routine and brush, but if he works for long hours, it's best not to hurt his pearly whites. Then, I guess we shall make milk tea."

"Thanks hyung."

The recipe Joshua recommended included the basics: tea, milk, and honey. Depending on preference, a variety of tea and milk can be used. The tea they had on hand was rose tea and Oolong tea, exactly 2 for his students (Seungcheol and Wonwoo). Steeping the tea, usually it's made with 2 portions for 1 cup but that would defeat the purpose of reducing the amount of caffeine so just one portion is enough. 

Putting everything together, 1 cup tea, 1/4 cup milk (they chose soy milk), and 1 pump of honey. There is a light tea taste, followed by the silky texture of milk and just enough sugar to be yummy. Oh! And pearls if you want them.

"....This...might be addicting." Joshua laughed at Seungcheol's glimmering eyes. "Why do you think all them teens be buying them everyday? Just know, everything has to be in moderation. Don't have too much of one thing~"