49. Business(meeting)

This is the Choi Family

"Thank you for coming! Please, enjoy the party. I'll come by and have a chat with you once I finish greeting everyone!"

His gravelly voice rang in his right ear. Jeonghan bowed robotically, greeting the guests along side his father. It didn't take much for him to pretend to enjoy the formalities, having practiced this from a young age, so his mind was busy doing something else. 

"Yes, this is my prized son. He will be around on the grounds to greet you inside later." His father continued to greet and blatantly advertised him. Jeonghan smiled his business smile willed his bile away. He couldn't believe his father was still trying to use him to garner relationship partner deals when he had already promised him to the Choi Family. 

He walked confidently (begrudgingly) with his father into the hall once it was time for the party to begin. Following him all the way to the little stage at the center of the hotel ballroom, a business angel smile graced his lips (it was a grimace, but people liked it). The words of his father went through one ear and straight out the other, he wished the party would end soon. 

-------------

Without entering on time, people that enter later aren't greeted by father and son pair. Seungcheol "professionally" dodged conversations and took part in those that would benefit his pay check. Sneaking peeks at Jeonghan, acting as discreet as possible, he cursed inside his head. Darn it. Damn all of it. Why did I tell Joshua that Jeonghan was going to be here. Stupid me. He was going to ignore this party in favor of hanging out with the children and friends but he just had to tell Joshua everything. Even if he's my favorite cousin, he can't just demand I go to check on his crush!!!! Continuing to curse his cousin, he maneuvered around the ballroom snapping pictures to show Joshua later while keeping up with the conversations thrown his way. Supposedly, from what he had gathered, the people here are not aware or do not take it seriously, the relationship between him and Jeonghan. He might even have the audacity to say the Yoon Family might be keeping it under wraps. Wasn't there papers written about their engagement? Doesn't matter. The Yoon Family looks happy as ever "pimping" their son around. Seungcheol sneered when nobody was looking and escaped to the restroom. 

Whipping out his phone once he cleared his surroundings, he phoned Joshua. Waiting for his cousin to pick up, he loosened his tie and fixed his hair. "Ah, Joshua? You there?" 

"What's up Cheol?"

"Don't what's up me young man. Your man is fine and dandy. Now let me leave this place."

Joshua chuckled. "I'm not the one keeping you there. You could leave whenever."

"Grah! You manipulative prick! I'm leaving right now!" Seungcheol stomped out the restroom and headed for the front doors. He had to pass more business people so he had to act dignified but he was still whispering curses at Joshua in the phone. "Darn you dumb Shua! You better have my favorite ice cream out when I ge-..." He was going to go straight out but right by window along the wall where the exit was stood a shook Jeonghan. He must of been getting away from the suffocating atmosphere. "...Seungcheol." 

Seungcheol immediately slipped the phone into his pocket. "H-hi Jeonghan." Seungcheol didn't plan for him to come face to face with Jeonghan and was completely flustered. "F-fancy seeing y-you here." He stuttered. Jeonghan looked at him, an amused glint in his eyes. "Of course I would be here, this is my father's party." Seungcheol wanted to bury himself alive. What an idiot move.... He scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Right..." He didn't know what to say but Jeonghan looked like he does. He waited a little, silently urging Jeonghan to say what was on his mind. 

"...I have been thinking.. about what Joshua had told me about your plan.." Seungcheol in a breath. He hoped that the confirmation that Joshua got from Jeonghan was valid and not just Joshua's assumption. "...I'd like to participate. I don't want this marriage, no offense to you." Seungcheol chuckled. "None taken. I said something to that effect before too." Feeling a little more comfortable, he had a small smile. "As for the plan, there isn't much. I guess, sit back and enjoy the show?" Jeonghan also smiles albeit a small one. 

Parting on better terms, Seungcheol left with a lighter feeling. Pulling out his phone, he realized that Joshua was still on the other side. "Oi Shua, you jelly I met your man? Eeeeh??" He teased. Joshua only sighed and hung up on him. "Wha- Hey! You could have done that earlier and saved me my battery percentageeee!!!"

------------

Arriving at home, Seungcheol bee-lined for the fridge going straight for the ice cream when he was forced to a halt. There Joshua was, leaning on the kitchen island, holding his favorite ice cream. "Hey bro, you better not be holding my ice cream hostage." Seungcheol questioned with  a laugh, internally panicked. Joshua won't really do that to him, right?! Joshua had a smug smile on his face and passed the ice cream from hand to hand. "I don't know, Cheol-ah. Have you been good today?" Seungcheol's eyes darted from his ice cream and Joshua's expression back and forth. "If this is about me having good air with Jeonghan then I don't wanna hear it bro." Joshua scoffed and opened the ice cream. "Oh look! It's melting. What are you going to do?" It was most definitely Seungcheol's meeting with Jeonghan which is making Joshua jealous. "Hand me the ice cream. Don't do this to me. Hand. Me. the ice cream." Joshua held it away from him a little longer before bursting into a fit of laughter. "Nothing against you bud. Here, eat your melting ice cream you big baby." Joshua was just playing with him, maybe a little jealous that Seungcheol got to see Jeonghan personally. Diving in the ice cream, Seungcheol hummed in appreciation, the Cherry Jubilee melting in his mouth. Remembering what he got to please Joshua, he whipped out his phone. "Here, since you couldn't see him and could only hear him, look at these photos and be satisfied." Joshua took the phone and looked at the pictures his cousin got for him. Jeonghan looks great in that white suit.