84. Internet

This is the Choi Family

"What I say next has to stay between you and us."

"...Understood."

Jihoon squeezed Wonwoo's hand in reassurance. Giving him a nod in response, he thought out his next words carefully.

"I have an account on Uprising. I would like for you to retrieve everything related to the account."

 "Anything else?"

"Nothing else. Just that. We.....just keep what you find out to yourself. Please."

".....Okay."

They talked a little more about the details before ending the call. Wonwoo let out a sigh, flopping on the bed. Jihoon followed suit, squeezing into Wonwoo's side and pulling his arm around himself. Wonwoo Jihoon's back slowly, comforting him. "Everything is okay, nothing bad will ever- hm... I can't promise nothing bad will happen in the future but I can promise I'll be with you through every step of the way."

"..ungh. I know."

They stay on the bed, waiting patiently for Jun's news.

-------------

After receiving such a request, Jun definitely wouldn't hand the job to his company, he worked on it himself.

From Wonwoo's house, all incoming and outgoing calls were tapped  into. Who did Mrs. Jeon call? For what reason? Amateurs. Anything that uses signals are recorded; in this age of technology, anything and literally everything, is stored one way or another. It was easy for Jun to find the exact conversation he needed.

"Hello? I'm told you can crack into any phone."

"Yes. You do know how much this will cost you right? This is illegal so it will cost you a pretty penny."

"It doesn't matter how much it costs. I need it done as soon as possible."

"Send the phone to me."

From the rest of the conversation, Jun learns that the person wasn't a complete idiot. This person properly set up a place to retrieve the phone, the people involved weren't Mrs. Jeon or the hacker, and it was in a lesser part of town. But not to worry. Following the person who Mrs. Jeon handed the phone to by security cameras and traffic speed cams, he followed them to the meeting point. 

Every living being who knows how to work a smartphone carries it around where ever they go. System services like location tracking are usually by default. Even if it is turned off later, it merely means that you won't know where it is. Who says the company doesn't know? Trade secret.

Crossing off all the irrelevant numbers, he narrowed them down to one that he had been tracing for awhile. This person, he didn't expose his deeds simply because it was a pain to do so. 

"Time for you to go~" He chuckled as he typed away on his keyboard.

Location? Check. PC IP? Check. Plugged in? CHECK.

A connection was formed from this hacker's computer to Wonwoo's phone. Looking through the logs, the person did their job and retrieved the contact list and sent it back to Mrs. Jeon. If this person was so smart to have some one bring him the phone, why didn't this person have someone bring the data he found to Mrs. Jeon? Idiot. Changing the content of the email to a random number, he made sure it still seemed legit before moving on. It seems this person was performing a standard scan of the phone data.

Stopping the process, Jun scanned the computer instead, digging up everything related to Wonwoo's phone, he downloaded and removed all data and traces. Sending his company the hacker's IP to be dealt with, he disconnected and began reorganizing the data.

Checking specifically for Wonwoo's Uprising account, he checked that it hadn't been accessed since the day Wonwoo lost the phone and removed any bugs and fixed all corrupted files as a gift for his godson. Godson? Nah, not that old. Cousin. Brother? Meh.

Picking up his phone he called Jihoon to tell them that it was done.

"Hello~ lovely people~!"

"Hello Jun hyung."

"I made sure your mom didn't get anything but a bunch of numbers~. Aren't I amazing~?"

"Thank you so much. And about the other thing?"

"No problem~ I wiped the other side of any downloaded content and I can put it into your new phone any time~!" The whole time, Jun didn't mention Woozi at all. Wonwoo had a confused look on his face, Jihoon's not that different.

"...You don't have anything to ask?" He asked cautiously.

"About what? Ah! You mean Uprising?"

"...Yea."

"Ummmmm I also have something to confess."

"What is it?"

"Truth is, I've known about Woozi since the day you joined Seungcheol hyung's family."

"You mean everything?"

"That you two are Woozi? Yup. Sorry, I wanted to just check your backgrounds for any.... spies set up by Mr. Choi or their competitors."

Wonwoo and Jihoon both had shock written all over their face. Cold sweat dripped down Wonwoo's forehead, stiff with realization. Jihoon was quicker to recover. Pulling the phone from Wonwoo's hands, he began to speak.

"J-Jun h-hyung, you will k-keep the secret r-right?"

"Of course little one. What do you think I've been doing?"

"A-ah, ungh."

"Don't worry about a thing. If Seungcheol can protect you with his name, I can protect all of you from any internet harm."

"T-thank you, Jun hyung." Jun smiled and relaxed into his seat. Jihoon didn't stutter his name. 

Jihoon hugged Wonwoo after the call ended, grounding him. Wonwoo also wrapped his arms around the smaller, squeezing just as tight.

"Thank goodness he is Jun hyung."

-------------

I made it! 11:30 pm where I am! I didn't skip a Friday! Nope I'm not late!!!